• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Your single, favourite shot from all of the Spider-Man movies?

tumblr_n44g1xESO71rif1veo1_500.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Excellent choice. Just this one scene is such a perfect distillation of the character of Spider-Man. So epic.

Ahh there we go. Thanks. I couldn't find it. I think it looks great. It is such a quick shot and is far enough way. Brings back WTC trailer memories.

No problem.

And I'm too young to remember the WTC trailer, actually, hah.

Yes it really does. The only somewhat questionable bits are Peter running along the rooftops after discovering his powers and Peter climbing the wall in his wrestling suit (the sebsequent chase still looks amazing).

Yeah, the rooftop thing always looked a little weird to me. I think it almost must've been on purpose.

I also think some of the CG on Goblin may have looked somewhat weird, at times.

They freakin' nailed Spidey, though.

does anyone have the scene of the web reaching out for gwen...In all honesty that was so genius! such a moving scene i knew what was coming and i was a grown ass man trying to hold back tears. whatever flaws the TASM2 had it was all forgotten after that scene.

That'd be considered bootleg material.

So... Even if I had it, I wouldn't share it here.

No problem.

And I'm too young to remember the WTC trailer, actually, hah.

Yeah, the rooftop thing always looked a little weird to me. I think it almost must've been on purpose.

I also think some of the CG on Goblin may have looked somewhat weird, at times.

They freakin' nailed Spidey, though.

The only really "off" shot of the Goblin I can recall is when he jumps back on to his glider at the world unity festival.

The scene of Spidey dodging the razor-bats in the flames is exemplary- even now.

@Galactus123

Only Spidey's eyes are CG in that shot.

The rest of him is an actor in a suit, so I suppose your eyes must be playing tricks on you.

Last edited:
The only really "off" shot of the Goblin I can recall is when he jumps back on to his glider at the world unity festival.

The scene of Spidey dodging the razor-bats in the flames is exemplary- even now.

Yes. That one and another shot of him at the bridge where he flies up to the camera with the cable car.

But yeah, the slow motion shot with the razor pumpkins is ****ing incredible. If someone told me it was from a 2010 movie, I'd easily believe them.

@Webhead and @Grieven

Here's the shot in motion if you guys wanna continute discussing it.

iDK18oO9JOvAZ.gif

Personally, I think the CGI holds up incredibly well.

I love this.

I love Spider-Man 1 in general! :funny:

Yes. That one and another shot of him at the bridge where he flies up to the camera with the cable car.

But yeah, the slow motion shot with the razor pumpkins is ****ing incredible. If someone told me it was from a 2010 movie, I'd easily believe them.

Those films were ahead of their time in every way. It's a real shame that i can't say the same thing about the reboot.

I'm guessing you're talking about the first movie?

The CG in ASM was pretty hit or miss. It became obvious which shots they decided to spend their $ and/or time on.

The crane sequence is some of the absolutely best CGI I've ever seen, while some stuff from the school fight and Peter's falling handstand off the building, looks a little... Iffy.

I'm guessing you're talking about the first movie?

The CG in ASM was pretty hit or miss. It became obvious which shots they decided to spend their $ and/or time on.

The crane sequence is some of the absolutely best CGI I've ever seen, while some stuff from the school fight and Peter's falling handstand off the building, looks a little... Iffy.

I was talking about both movies and only about the CG, but about the films in general. The reception has been underwhelming and neither of them reached their full potential.

Oh...

Whaaat, I thought you liked the movies?

Oh...

Whaaat, I thought you liked the movies?

I did, but let's be real here. As movies they don't hold a candle to the Raimi ones. Maybe, i'm affected too much by the negativity and it's been a while since i watched the Raimi films, but... i can't help but feel that they had a more cohesive plot and Raimi knew what he wanted to do with the character. Now, i look at reviews and the box-office numbers for TASM2 and can't help but feel that Spider-man deserves better. I mean a movie about Captain America is going to outgross domestically a Spider-man movie. Who would have thought of that? And it's not like the critics have panned the movie down because it was a reboot or because it didn't need to exist. If the movie was good (again, as a movie) or at least, let's say, SM1, then it would have at least stayed fresh in RT.

Aha, you're referring to the reception.

Well, yes. People seem to have moved from Spider-Man, a little.

I did, but let's be real here. As movies they don't hold a candle to the Raimi ones. Maybe, i'm affected too much by the negativity and it's been a while since i watched the Raimi films, but... i can't help but feel that they had a more cohesive plot and Raimi knew what he wanted to do with the character. Now, i look at reviews and the box-office numbers for TASM2 and can't help but feel that Spider-man deserves better. I mean a movie about Captain America is going to outgross domestically a Spider-man movie. Who would have thought of that? And it's not like the critics have panned the movie down because it was a reboot or because it didn't need to exist. If the movie was good (again, as a movie) or at least, let's say, SM1, then it would have at least stayed fresh in RT.

ibHkOTV.gif

This post is the shizzz

Didn't actually know you liked the first movie.

gis7AHv.gif

Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"