No Way Home "You've Stuck Your Webs In My Business For The Last Time!" Alfred Molina Returns As Doctor Octopus

I'm confused why the de-aging looks so bad here when Marvel has done a better job with it before. Sony Imageworks?

I'm glad to see Alfred Molina back, but I don't understand why. Peter has never met or encountered Otto Octavius or Doc Ock.

I'm glad to see Alfred Molina back, but I don't understand why. Peter has never met or encountered Otto Octavius or Doc Ock.

He's never met any of the villains who are in this movie. They're from the multi verse.

I'm confused why the de-aging looks so bad here when Marvel has done a better job with it before. Sony Imageworks?

I'm sure it'll look better in the final version, they just did a rush job for the trailer release

Yeah I don't get why it's being done this way.

Because its a massive crossover between all the Spider-Man movies. The whole point is the nostalgia and taking familiar elements from those old movies and smashing them up against MCU Spidey. Probably wouldn't work for what they are trying to do with this if it was just different versions of Vulture or Mysterio (characters we never saw in those non-MCU Spider-Man movies).

I'm sure it'll look better in the final version, they just did a rush job for the trailer release

Honestly de-aging in movies has always been incredibly hit or miss. It's a relatively new technology, and probably a lot more work-intensive, so I'm always kinda prepared for the possibility that it'll look off at times.

Because its a massive crossover between all the Spider-Man movies. The whole point is the nostalgia and taking familiar elements from those old movies and smashing them up against MCU Spidey. Probably wouldn't work for what they are trying to do with this if it was just different versions of Vulture or Mysterio (characters we never saw in those non-MCU Spider-Man movies).

I'm not convinced it was a good idea.

not.jpg

I wasn't too keen on them making fun of Octavius' name. I know it's a callback to how Peter met Strange in Infinity war, but it didn't quite land for me. It seems to ridicule the concept of Doc Ock a bit when Peter should be in fear and awe..

Last edited:
Who ever does those comic book covers is so darn good.

Honestly de-aging in movies has always been incredibly hit or miss. It's a relatively new technology, and probably a lot more work-intensive, so I'm always kinda prepared for the possibility that it'll look off at times.

It could be an advantage the MCU has with their new animation wing. They could make younger versions of the characters and could bring the actors back to voice the roles without de-aging. For example, if you want to do more Hank and Janet in the mainline MCU, you don't have to de-age Michelle Pfeiffer or Michael Douglas. You can have them be animated and portray younger versions of their characters via voice over.

One of the things I’m most excited about is the fights. Cant wait to see the three Spidey’s having a huge fight with the Fearsome Five, especially Tom since he hasn’t gotten the chance to brawl a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"