No Way Home "You've Stuck Your Webs In My Business For The Last Time!" Alfred Molina Returns As Doctor Octopus

I'm so glad they are keeping the SM-2 version. I mean I cannot imagine making a better visual look for Ock's tentacles than what Raimi did. Besides looking powerful and dangerous, they actually looked like something that would be used in high risk lab work.

I'm so glad they are keeping the SM-2 version. I mean I cannot imagine making a better visual look for Ock's tentacles than what Raimi did. Besides looking powerful and dangerous, they actually looked like something that would be used in high risk lab work.
They looked genuinely scary, mechanical and non-forgiving with weight and solidity to them.

I do think they will change his look tbh. i think the Multiverse of Madness will play into this in some way to explain these characters being changed.

So they make him younger with cgi. Does this mean that they will do the same with Tobey Magure? I hope not. Would be interesting to see how he reacts when he see that Doc Ock is alive.

So they make him younger with cgi. Does this mean that they will do the same with Tobey Magure? I hope not. Would be interesting to see how he reacts when he see that Doc Ock is alive.
Yeah, I think it makes the most sense seeing Tobey react to seeing ghosts from the past looking exactly like he saw them last time age-wise.

This just sounds awful. I have to draw a line somewhere. Talk about undermining a poignant sacrifice to service what will probably be a cartoon. The tentacles will all be CG, he'll be digitally de-aged, it'll be shot with that even lighting. Ah, sounds magical! It just sounds emblematic of the how movies are made today compared to the personal artistry of Raimi in SM2. This is just a bad idea.

Reading the spoilers and without context, this movie seems insane. I'm sure with context it will be better
Seeing as how "Happy Birthday" might be the rumored inspired story which is a better way to go about all of this.
Regardless I just hate the principle of all of this. I hate this multiverse crap.

We don't even know what context Ock is being used in or if his sacrifice will even be insultingly undone as you claim. Saying that it'll automatically ruin him with barely any information (and what there is, is unverified rumors), context, and without seeing an ounce of footage first strikes me as very preconceived. This is why I have such a problem with people already calling the movie dead on arrival or that it will be another mess like SM3 and ASM 2. It seems like such a hyperbolic overreaction to me.

If No Way Home comes out and it blows, then you can deliver those criticisms, but it's way too early to start treating assumptions in a factual sense.

That being said, not liking the multiverse concept is definitely understandable as well as having reservations about the film.

I’m expecting the Spider-Men to be older. All the rumors have indicated they come in during the climax, so whereas a deaged Octavius enters the MCU after “drowning” in SM2 I expect Tobey/Andrew would enter some point after they last left off in their movies. I’m not sure how long exactly but it would be smart to reflect the passage of time to contrast Holland and how long we’ve all had to wait to see them again, I think.

Since this is a multiverse thing, is it possible that this Ock is from a Raimi Spider-Man timeline where he didn't sacrifice himself at the end of the film? And Raimi's Spider-Man can appear from the actual timeline where Ock sacrificed himself?

Not sure, just spitballing here.

Since this is a multiverse thing, is it possible that this Ock is from a Raimi Spider-Man timeline where he didn't sacrifice himself at the end of the film? And Raimi's Spider-Man can appear from the actual timeline where Ock sacrificed himself?

Not sure, just spitballing here.

This is what I'm hoping for.

Molina specifically acknowledged in the interview that Doc Ock's story would continue from "that moment in the river."

Suffice to say, it'll certainly be Raimiverse Ock.

Molina specifically acknowledged in the interview that Doc Ock's story would continue from "that moment in the river."

Suffice to say, it'll certainly be Raimiverse Ock.

I'm glad that it's the same Ock. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Conversely with Electro, fix him a little. :oldrazz:

Fix him a lot lol.

I wonder if Willem Dafoe's casting will be similar to Julia Louis-Dreyfus's in TFATWS, e.g. we won't get actual confirmation he's in it until we actually see the film.

But now that we know that he'll be playing the same Doc Ock, do you guys think there will be a moment in the movie where he turns good again and helps all the Spider-Men take down the other villains?

You're, uh, kind of late to the party I'm afraid to say lol

Luca Salis is doing a full-on fan-made NWH score and so far he's delivered some pretty sweet stuff. :up:

Apologize for the bump, but wishing a very happy birthday to our returning Doc Ock! :otto:

433.gif

56f.gif

15a92dca563a0ff59894f28a96c71c2d.gif

Happy Birthday oh tentacled one.

Looking at those gifs you can tell Molina had a blast making SM-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"