No Way Home "You've Stuck Your Webs In My Business For The Last Time!" Alfred Molina Returns As Doctor Octopus

I think if it weren't actually happening then you wouldn't see Tom Holland sheepishly deny there being other Spider-men or making gag posts with the stunt-man dressed as Spidey whilst denying the presence of the others. You would see a flat out denial and no tongue in cheek posts like that.

It's both that, and certain peeps gasping at straws to deny that Spider-Verse is happening in the Internet at large.

Why oh why are we still discussing whether this is legit or not? Are people actually that bored they are running out of things to discuss?
Yeah, I absolutely HATE the idea of doing this for the third MCU movie, and even I've accepted that it's happening at this point. Sony is not nearly as sneaky as they seem to think they are. At least we get to see Molina as Ock again, and that much is indisputable.

Yeah, I absolutely HATE the idea of doing this for the third MCU movie, and even I've accepted that it's happening at this point. Sony is not nearly as sneaky as they seem to think they are. At least we get to see Molina as Ock again, and that much is indisputable.
why do you hate it?

why do you hate it?
I just want a story focused on Peter and his relationship to his community and the people around him. That's when Spider-man works best, IMO. The big events like this can be fun, but I feel like we've barely established who Peter is on a personal level and now he's being thrown into a huge Multiverse event? At the expense of the stories that were already being set up.

I just want a story focused on Peter and his relationship to his community and the people around him. That's when Spider-man works best, IMO. The big events like this can be fun, but I feel like we've barely established who Peter is on a personal level and now he's being thrown into a huge Multiverse event? At the expense of the stories that were already being set up.
yeah, I have to admit you have a point there. I gotta say, the MCU Spider-Man films don't even feel like authentic Spider-Man movies to me; they feel like Iron Man spinoff films within the MCU, and it's not because of the mentor relationship. That part I don't mind. It's just that so much of these films are within the bubble of the Iron Man mythos.

yeah, I have to admit you have a point there. I gotta say, the MCU Spider-Man films don't even feel like authentic Spider-Man movies to me; they feel like Iron Man spinoff films within the MCU, and it's not because of the mentor relationship. That part I don't mind. It's just that so much of these films are within the bubble of the Iron Man mythos.
Yep. And don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed them, and Holland is my favorite Peter, but they're missing so much of what makes Spidey great. It's a lot more of a generic superhero vibe. The reaction to his "outing" SHOULD have been the movie that really cut to the heart of who Peter is as a character, but now I worry that will all be overshadowed by the multiverse.

Yep. And don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed them, and Holland is my favorite Peter, but they're missing so much of what makes Spidey great. It's a lot more of a generic superhero vibe. The reaction to his "outing" SHOULD have been the movie that really cut to the heart of who Peter is as a character, but now I worry that will all be overshadowed by the multiverse.
I can respect that. I don't really have a soft spot for any of the live action Peter Parkers, and when I first started hearing rumors about previous Spider-Man movie actors appearing in MCU Spider-Man 3 I just felt a bunch of doubt, but after Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx were confirmed I just slowly warmed up to the idea of a spider-verse. But I totally understand why you feel otherwise

I can respect that. I don't really have a soft spot for any of the live action Peter Parkers, and when I first started hearing rumors about previous Spider-Man movie actors appearing in MCU Spider-Man 3 I just felt a bunch of doubt, but after Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx were confirmed I just slowly warmed up to the idea of a spider-verse. But I totally understand why you feel otherwise
Like I said though, if nothing else I get to see Molina as Ock again, so there's at least going to be SOMETHING for me in this movie.

Doc Ock was the best villain of the 2000s trilogy. There, I said it.

That's never been an unpopular view though. Most fans have always felt that way. In fact I'd say he's always been the most popular out of all the Spidey movies. None of the TASM villains came close to touching his greatness. Mysterio and Vulture were good, but they never reached Ock's level of cinematic grandeur.

That's never been an unpopular view though. Most fans have always felt that way. In fact I'd say he's always been the most popular out of all the Spidey movies. None of the TASM villains came close to touching his greatness. Mysterio and Vulture were good, but they never reached Ock's level of cinematic grandeur.
What if I took it one step further and said he's one of the best comic book movie villains of all time?

What if I took it one step further and said he's one of the best comic book movie villains of all time?
Absolutely. He's #2 for me right under this guy.

4ea67cea5e548fd633dc7b1754b5b523.gif

Curious if they'll keep the SM2 look or if they'll change him up a bit.

Praying for Goblin to get a makeover at the very least.

That would not be unpopular either. I've seen him on many people's top 10 lists.
he's not regarded as high as TDK Joker. No way. That dude has his own wikipedia page, that's so much of a cultural impact he's had lol

he's not regarded as high as TDK Joker. No way. That dude has his own wikipedia page, that's so much of a cultural impact he's had lol

I didn't say he was regarded as high as TDK Joker. He's in a league of his own. No other CBM villain has his status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"