Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look past the catchy/clickbaity title, its actually an awesome video. And I think both George Miller and Zack Snyder are great visual storytellers. Saying in zack's case its just pretty pictures, means you are missing out on a lot of stuff, whether intentionally or otherwise.
That's why people wanted to replace Snyder with Miller. Because both of them are equally great visual storytellers apparently...

It sort of conveys the narrative, it doesn't convey the emotion of it. We, the audience, aren't "put" into the scene. Remember the emotional intro sequence from Guardians of the Galaxy? Or Arrival intro, which is largely a montage too? There's a good reason why they're emotionally affecting. None of them are distracted by stylish dramatic shots of flying buttons or the key turning in the keyhole, knees falling on the carpet... If the purpose of that scene was to show a stylish montage to retell certain events in the most unaffecting way - Snyder succeeded. Aren't we supposed to feel something for the protagonist? Snyder chases stylish and pretty still shots, but he forgets the most important.

I believe 300 broke Snyder. He was a better filmmaker before he started doing CBMs.

Again, forgive me, since I haven't seen the film, but based on my spotty recollection of its central concept, isn't that the point? Traumatized and abused girls find ways to escape their terrifying and difficult lives by recontextualizung their traumas through a superhero lens. The film, therefore, opens on the stylized "origin story" to escape verisimilitude and create the desired emotional distance craved by the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"