Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

Personally, I'd rather not see a direct adaptation of TDKR, or any other comic.
I've already read it, I know that story. I'd rather something new, a different version of the characters we've never seen before.
When I watch any of the animated adaptations, I find myself preferring the original comic and I imagine the same would be true of any live action version.

I always felt Snyder took a very deliberate risk in making BvS the way he did. I think it would have been very easy for him to just make it a shallow action blockbuster where Batman and Supes fight three times and then team up with WW at the end to fight Doomsday. And honestly, that movie probably would've smashed at the box office and changed the whole trajectory of the DCEU but I think Zack made a very calculated swing at trying to make a dark but deeply introspective look at the two icons and see what makes them tick and break. I dont think Snyder's stupid or ignorant, I think he did it knowing he was going against the grain and it was going to be a hard sell to everyone who was probably expecting a World's Finest "VS" movie.

Now obviously, in terms of box office and critical reception, Snyder swung and missed. And I totally totally understand the problems people have with the movie--Heck i have issues with it myself still and creative decisions i really dont think he should have indulged in--but I'm kind of happy such an insane, crazy movie exists and that it ended up spawning an even CRAZIER 4 hour epic in JL. I don't think we're ever going to get cbms quite like those ever again, not starring major A list superheroes at least.

Last edited:
Nah he wants to do a more accurate adaptation like how he did Watchmen

I know you can switch up and repeat comic book stories, i.e. The Last Stand and Dark Phoenix. But the core conflict in the last issue of TDKR is Batman v. Superman, which is essentially what we saw in BvS. Armored Batman taking on Superman and ends with kryptonite. The animated movies does a good job of stretching out that fight but a live action one would seem like a rehash of BvS even if you include Green Arrow and end with Batman going underground.

Plus even if you put this in a pocket universe, in a field where Studios are about franchises, making Superman an antagonist when multiple movies have tried really hard to capitalize on his character, I just think makes it harder to push for future Superman movies.

The irony of the way it all played out is... under this new multiverse model, it would've been feasible that Snyder could've done a standalone adaptation of Dark Knight Returns, which was clearly his dream project and the reason the DCEU went in the direction it did. I think if Snyder had been able to operate in a space where he wasn't impacting the overall continuity of the DC Universe as a whole, people may have been more accepting of it.

That for sure.
Things would have looked different if they wouldnt have sold it as Earth Prime...as THE Main universe.
That would have given a different perspective to everything.
People would accept his vision far more that way...but having this bleak and murky Superman be the main one...just didnt work for too many.
As an Alternate universe, the snyderverse would continue to exist...that i absolutely believe.

Looking back though, it all feels so inevitable. WB had their eye on a Batman vs. Superman movie for a very long time. That was their original hope when they were simultaneously developing Batman Begins and Superman Returns. Only for SR to underperform while Nolan (smartly) made an effort to silo off his films from interference with other franchises. Snyder finally pitched them a way to have everything they'd been wanting for over a decade. I'm not letting them off the hook for ignoring the divisive track record he has as a filmmaker and entrusting him with their two biggest DC icons, but if you look at the situation from all angles it's also easy to see why they thought it would be the right gamble to make, especially if they were on board with trying to brand DC as the darker/grittier alternative to the MCU.

If it would only have been a "simple" gamble, but they hired him and then relentlessly told him what to do, how, what not etc.
They made the gamble even riskier with every step instead because they panicked.

The Man didnt even understood that Batman in TDKR doesnt kill...so i doubt his adaption would be much more accurate.
Also, i dont know if a visual nice but shallow and empty movie would be a good idea.
But i cant lie, Visual and action wise...i would be all in for it.

Snyder can work on any DC project as far as im concerned, as long as its not a "Main" universe related thing.

I always felt Snyder took a very deliberate risk in making BvS the way he did. I think it would have been very easy for him to just make it a shallow action blockbuster where Batman and Supes fight three times and then team up with WW at the end to fight Doomsday. And honestly, that movie probably would've smashed at the box office and changed the whole trajectory of the DCEU but I think Zack made a very calculated swing at trying to make a dark but deeply introspective look at the two icons and see what makes them tick and break. I dont think Snyder's stupid or ignorant, I think he did it knowing he was going against the grain and it was going to be a hard sell to everyone who was probably expecting a World's Finest "VS" movie.

Now obviously, in terms of box office and critical reception, Snyder swung and missed. And I totally totally understand the problems people have with the movie--Heck i have issues with it myself still and creative decisions i really dont think he should have indulged in--but I'm kind of happy such an insane, crazy movie exists and that it ended up spawning an even CRAZIER 4 hour epic in JL. I don't think we're ever going to get cbms quite like those ever again, not starring major A list superheroes at least.

This is why I am happy and content if we don’t get any more Snyder DCEU movies. BvS UC and ZSJL are 2 movies that will probably never exist again, and I absolutely love both with MOS being my favourite Superman movie. It was a film maker taking risks with a $400 million dollar project which gave us some absolutely mind blowing moments in live action.

FIRGykpWUAgt5kV

Really don’t understand why they can’t just recast DCEU Batman. Keaton showing up for a multiverse event is great but having him take over as the connected universe batman is just all wrong.

In a perfect world he shows up in the flash and it eventually spins off into an elseworld batman beyond movie. But we’re getting what we’re getting, so I’ll keep an open mind.

Really don’t understand why they can’t just recast DCEU Batman. Keaton showing up for a multiverse event is great but having him take over as the connected universe batman is just all wrong.

In a perfect world he shows up in the flash and it eventually spins off into an elseworld batman beyond movie. But we’re getting what we’re getting, so I’ll keep an open mind.

Probably because they don't want two, new cinematic Batmen at the same time. I doubt Keaton is going to be suiting up again after Flash, so I'll consider him Bruce Wayne.

Reminds me of those rumors that Nolan was part of the reason why JL Mortal didn't get made after they moved the production to Canada. He supposedly didn't want another cinematic Batman competing against his own on screen.

I’m living for the memes about the Flash leaks, and I’m right there with the fans. It’s a horrible sounding idea for that to be the trinity, the basic foundation of the cinematic universe.

Not to be mean but this could really be from just about any year since the franchise war started.

Then cribbing so many visuals and elements from it for TDKR was an odd decision. Not that it matters in the long run since I doubt there'll be a TDKR film in the forseeable future.

Because they've put their Batman eggs in the Reeves basket and likely had no interest in having two concurrently running cinematic Batmen. I've been saying since it was was announced that despite screaming "Multiverse!" at the top of their lungs, the concept is really only appealing to WB because it allowed them to reboot Batman after the early DCEU movies proved divisive and Ben dropped out while also letting them keep the DCEU characters people responded more positively to.

Yeah, there isn't exactly a shortage of actors in their 40's-50's that could take over as DCEU Batman. Keaton would be a weird choice for the main Batman, the dude's 70, and even if he were younger I doubt he'd have much interest in playing the role in a major capacity several more times unless they did something crazy like bring Burton back.

Yeah, there isn't exactly a shortage of actors in their 40's-50's that could take over as DCEU Batman. Keaton would be a weird choice for the main Batman, the dude's 70, and even if he were younger I doubt he'd have much interest in playing the role in a major capacity several more times unless they did something crazy like bring Burton back.

Well yeah, going with what the Rumors claim, is a weird idea for sure...the last 10 years were weird ideas.

I mean i get the idea with Keaton and definitly like it, but they still make things harder than necessary for no solid reason.

Superman and Batman are a sure success if you arent totally incompetent.
I mean look at MOS and BvS...as bad as they are imo, they made them money.
Sure, not as much as they should, but even Snyders version of those characters earned them money.

With Supergirl and Batgirl you dont have that sure money at all, no matter how good they are.
And Keaton as more of a Mentor might work for 1-2 movies, but the appeal goes away fast.

The strangest thing is that they open the Multiverse, a simple solution to play around without breaking too much...yet according to the Rumors they already slap down on it hard.

You can do what the Rumors say...without the backlash being severe.
Go with the Batgirl/Supergirl idea...but not as the Main Universe.
Thats what they should have done with the snyderverse, leave the door open.
But no, they slammed the fist down hard going "This is the main universe".
Would they have not sold the Snyderverse as THE Main universe, things would never have been this bad as they were.

Same with this.
People are up in arms over this Rumor simply because of "this is the new main continuity".
You can simply avoid that by not committing for now, because you dont need to.
Marvel needs to committ because of what they built.
But WB has currently built nothing that is in stone, and there is no need for it yet.

Let Flashpoint play out, if it works, you can still shift it into the middle as the focus point.

4-BA0-DEB8-CA08-4012-B59-A-5427-AFC3-C799.jpg

We will see this trinity again, together fighting Darkseid. Warner Brothers can't silence anybody or delete a movie from its existence.

I’m living for the memes about the Flash leaks, and I’m right there with the fans. It’s a horrible sounding idea for that to be the trinity, the basic foundation of the cinematic universe.

It's stupid as ****, plain and simple.

I mean, it sounds like we're getting a cinematic universe where Superman doesn't exist? Seriously WB. It's time to ****ing stop.

It's stupid as ****, plain and simple.

I mean, it sounds like we're getting a cinematic universe where Superman doesn't exist? Seriously WB. It's time to ****ing stop.

Honestly, I'd prefer they just stop using Superman at this point. I was so discouraged with how Superman was treated in BvS/JL that I'd prefer WB not going anywhere near my boy Supes ever again.

I just don't trust WB at this point to go out and hire a competent director to fix Superman. The character is so broken at this point that leaving him off the roster is probably the best/only solution for the time being.

4-BA0-DEB8-CA08-4012-B59-A-5427-AFC3-C799.jpg

We will see this trinity again, together fighting Darkseid. Warner Brothers can't silence anybody or delete a movie from its existence.
That’s right

you can always revisit the Zack Snyder DC Trilogy on HBO MAX, now streaming

Not to be mean but this could really be from just about any year since the franchise war started.
Except for 2020, ironically enough. As mediocre as they were, DC still had Birds of Prey and WW84 while the MCU put out nothing except for the final season of Agents of SHIELD (which may or may not even be in the MCU anymore). Still, 2021 was a big improvement for both of them since there was a deluge of Marvel movies and shows and both ZSJL and The Suicide Squad were pretty solid offerings on the DC side.

Honestly, I'd prefer they just stop using Superman at this point. I was so discouraged with how Superman was treated in BvS/JL that I'd prefer WB not going anywhere near my boy Supes ever again.

I just don't trust WB at this point to go out and hire a competent director to fix Superman. The character is so broken at this point that leaving him off the roster is probably the best/only solution for the time being.

Someone hasnt watched Superman&Lois it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"