Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

It’s laughable that 13% bots leads to a headline like “Exclusive: Fake accounts fueled the Snyder Cut online army.” That is ridiculously misleading. And presumably just another hit-job by the execs at Warner Bros who have done nothing but demonstrate their collective incompetence for 30+ years when it comes to their DC properties.

I just want to remind people here that WB literally made up a Frosty the Snowman movie.... Frosty the Snowman, just to try and continue to peddle a narrative that they were pushing. WB could not look more petty here. Just my two cents. Either way, the Snyderverse is dead imo.

I just want to remind people here that WB literally made up a Frosty the Snowman movie.... Frosty the Snowman, just to try and continue to peddle a narrative that they were pushing. WB could not look more petty here. Just my two cents. Either way, the Snyderverse is dead imo.
I Agree.
But that doesn't mean that we have seen the last of The Snyderverse stars, except maybe Ezra, after The Flash film.
Still Holding Out Hope that Henry Cavill shows up at the Black Adam Panel.

It’s laughable that 13% bots leads to a headline like “Exclusive: Fake accounts fueled the Snyder Cut online army.” That is ridiculously misleading. And presumably just another hit-job by the execs at Warner Bros who have done nothing but demonstrate their collective incompetence for 30+ years when it comes to their DC properties.

And even IF that was true…so what? That means an overwhelming 87% was real authentic people pushing the movement forward. Was the author’s intent to say that this movement consisted solely of Snyder and 10 dudes in their basements with nothing to do but retweet hashtags? Theres bots in EVERYTHING these days. If you go on any star’s instagram feed and read their thousands of comments, hundreds of those comments are bots. Thats just the internet.

And even IF that was true…so what? That means an overwhelming 87% was real authentic people pushing the movement forward. Was the author’s intent to say that this movement consisted solely of Snyder and 10 dudes in their basements with nothing to do but retweet hashtags? Theres bots in EVERYTHING these days. If you go on any star’s instagram feed and read their thousands of comments, hundreds of those comments are bots. Thats just the internet.
I saw a very technical post on Facebook that said just because 13% were identified doesn't mean that is the full extent of how many bots were actually involved.

M0eOFs2.png

I WANT to give Zack the benefit of the doubt, but that post of his is troublesome. Are there any sane people left in Hollywood?

Eh, most of what I've seen from the Snydercut fandom are pretty cool folks. They've done more suicide prevention online than any recent fandom that I can remember. Tis' like pointing out that very vocal and what I consider minority aniti women and ppl of color Star Wars fandom that exist, even more so on a youtube content platform. That article did read like a petty hit piece tho, heh, probably one last suit on his way out.

I do think the bots thing is far less problematic than Snyder's manipulation of his fans and such to coordinate attacks against specific people and his refusal to call them off when other people who were not involved got caught in his crossfire. The way he weaponized social media is a major problem. That should be the headline

The article accounted for that if you actually read it - they said the typical amount of bots used in these fan trending movements is like 3-5%, and that this was waaay above the norm.

But like SF says - the main takeaways and most troubling things in that article weren’t the bots.

Fair enough @Spider-Fan , agree to disagree, my friend. :)

I guess.... from my perspective I'm having a hard time seeing WB as the victim here. These big powerful movie studios are literally in the business of crushing people and we hear countless stories about how creatives were burned badly by Hollywood, some in worse ways than others. So, I dont get how a studio as big and powerful and resourceful as Warner Bros was "bullied" into anything and how they couldn't have just simply ended this movement themselves a long time ago and how Snyder could have been the "Lex Luthor" pulling all the strings and put them into a corner if they didnt wanna be.
Neither party is “the victim.” That’s the point. Everybody knows WB is the big bad movie studio who only cares about the bottom line, but there’s a whole army on social media (and 13% bots!) trying to spin the other party as the most saintly victim there ever was. And that was never, ever the case.

Neither party is “the victim.” That’s the point. Everybody knows WB is the big bad movie studio who only cares about the bottom line, but there’s a whole army on social media (and 13% bots!) trying to spin the other party as the most saintly victim there ever was. And that was never, ever the case.

At least Snyder cares about the property. I think that’s where the goodwill comes from. WB execs would rather destroy the whole universe than move on and make an honest effort.

Ray Fisher is claiming the reporter changed the deadline for him to respond, preventing him from getting to comment:

Yikes. If that email to Fisher's people is real, I mean, that's journalism?

Also, not responding is not the same as "declined to comment."

I think Snyder could certainly have done more to reign his fans in, however in any fandom there is going to be a group who act horribly regardless.
The article mentions fans going after Wonder Woman 84, a film which Snyder was a producer on and which he himself was promoting on social media. He's also said nothing but positive things about Matt Reeves and The Batman, but that doesn't stop some Snyder and Reeves fans constantly bickering.

No, Snyder cares about HIS version of the property. Regardless who he hurts to get his way.

That for sure, and thats not even a really negative thing.
So he cares about his stuff...not a big deal.
But its not that, the man literally attacked and insulted people who didnt agree with his version.

Remember the "grow the **** up" when faced with criticism?
Dude cares...about his stuff and nothing else.

Absolutely.

Eh, most of what I've seen from the Snydercut fandom are pretty cool folks. They've done more suicide prevention online than any recent fandom that I can remember. Tis' like pointing out that very vocal and what I consider minority aniti women and ppl of color Star Wars fandom that exist, even more so on a youtube content platform. That article did read like a petty hit piece tho, heh, probably one last suit on his way out.

Then we saw two very different fandoms.
The amount of telling people to kill themself etc in the snyderfandom i saw, is insane.
People going completely insane over the slightest criticism towards snyder.

But thats not even my problem.
My problem is what happens currently with them.

The whole "Oh its just a few bad apples" and then them going full on playing the victim.
Cowardly **** like that instead of doing what they should have done before, throw the "bad apples" of the fandom out.
Instead the snyderfans used those loud, toxic *******s because it got hashtags trending etc...but now when it comes out how bad things are, they act like they are the victims when they enabled this stuff because it served them well.

It is a curious article. ZSJL was released over a year ago. Fans and critics have weighed in; and most of us already know the soap opera-y backstory of how the restoration (eventually) came to exist. And yet, the Rolling Stone writer revisits the subject with investigative zeal and attention — as if she might be exposing a scandal of Watergate-level significance.

For example, this bit caught my attention:

Pricey publicity stunts ensued, like a towering Times Square ad — which can cost more than $50,000 per day — and a plane flying over Comic Con with a banner calling for DC to release the Snyder Cut. None of the press reports at the time addressed who was footing the bill. “Where was the fundraiser? Why didn’t we ever see a Kickstarter campaign from the fans?” asks one insider who became skeptical of the grassroots nature of the SnyderVerse movement, considering the cost of such marketing endeavors.

The implication being that only someone with deep pockets (like Snyder, himself? :ninja:) could have financed these expensive displays of fan devotion.

Well, I’m no investigative journalist. But after a three-minute search, I found a 2019 Hollywood Reporter article about the plane banner over the San Diego Comic Con. Not much significance was ascribed to this stunt. Rather, it was presented as typical Comic Con wackiness. And the cost of the banner was mentioned: a mere $1200. I’m less certain about the Times Square ad. Apparently, the bigger ones can be upwards of several million per year. :wow: But according to reports, the Snyder Cut ad was on a pair of smaller boards and ran for a mere twelve hours. Moreover, the ad graphics only appeared for seconds at a time — sharing the same electronic billboard with several other advertisers. Does that cost $50K? I dunno. But if it was substantially less, that puts it within the modest means of crowd sourcing fans at the NY Comic Con — which, according to articles at the time, is where the funds came from. Now, maybe this is all wrong. Maybe the Times Square ad really did cost $50K and the RS writer has her smoking gun. But it seems it would be easy enough to research something like the Hollywood Reporter piece (like I did) and debunk it. Or call up the Times Square agency and request their rates for a 12-hour ad placement. Instead, she cites an unnamed “insider” who’s “skeptical.” So, yeah. The article reads less like serious investigation and more like personal peeve.

Bots tend to generate a lot more traffic than actual people.

I saw a very technical post on Facebook that said just because 13% were identified doesn't mean that is the full extent of how many bots were actually involved.

John Campea also mentions in his show yesterday that the article didn't go into detail on how much traffic those bot accounts created. Bots tend to create more than actual people.

Last edited:
Then we saw two very different fandoms.
The amount of telling people to kill themself etc in the snyderfandom i saw, is insane.
People going completely insane over the slightest criticism towards snyder.

But thats not even my problem.
My problem is what happens currently with them.

The whole "Oh its just a few bad apples" and then them going full on playing the victim.
Cowardly **** like that instead of doing what they should have done before, throw the "bad apples" of the fandom out.
Instead the snyderfans used those loud, toxic *******s because it got hashtags trending etc...but now when it comes out how bad things are, they act like they are the victims when they enabled this stuff because it served them well.

Let's not forget that he was very comfy with Geek+Gamers and the asshat Tyrone Magnus, until a WB executive told him to say he's not associated with them on THEIR livestream.

Last edited:
"was it fun to provoke them [his fans] for a clickable thing? Yes. And they were an easy target"

I remember posting this quote a long while back, where we all chimed in and some Snyder fantatic here started doing some serious mental gymantistics by saying that "Zack wasn't talking about himself proving his fans but rather the media and the writer of the article had a clear agenda against Zack and his fans and worded the whole thing differently".

I have several things to say about this whole thing:

1. I personally believe that MOST of Snyder's fanbase consists of decent people who simply love his work, after all raising nearly a million dollars for suicide prevention is no small feat and they should be commended for it. I also believe that the toxic, psychotic, cult like portion of his fanbase are in the minority even if they bark the loudest.

2. I said before and I will say it again, Zack Snyder is guilty of in-action. Never once, NOT ONCE, did he try to dissuade the psychotic portion of his fanbase.
Now I don't expect the guy to stop ALL the hate spewed out by his cultists but a simple, well written post asking his fanbase to be respectful towards others creators (like Lingard) and cut down on negativity isn't too much to ask for, yet he never even attempted to do that. On the other hand he posts non stop on social media about his JL plans and what would've/could've been.
As far as I'm concerned he deserves all the criticism he gets.

3. Synder is a villain in this story, but to be honest so is everyone else involved, infact while Snyder is A villain, the WB management at that time are THE villains. When BvS bombed critically and severily underperform at the B.O. those stupid WB monkeys could've asked Snyder to step down, delay the release of JL by a year and re-work the project properly, yet instead they decided to continue with Snyder because delaying JL would've meant them losing their bonuses! And when Snyder's edit (not cut) didn't meet their approval, they decided to pull the rug from under him and get the A-hole in chief Whedon to butcher his film, in simple words: WB did Snyder guilty and the Snyder cut was the universe's way of setting things right, even if I personally never watched it and will never have any interest in watching it.

Lastly, what the hell is the point of all of this? Honestly, the Snyder cut happened, his fans got their wish and life continues to churn, so why does this article even exist? Is it disgruntled ex-WB employees getting back at Snyder? Is it the Rolling Stones magazine trying to cash in on the fact that the Snyder cut is coming out on digital today? Who knows, but I do know that most of (if not all of us) are tired of this crap and would love to move on.
Instead I want to hear about DC becoming an autonomus film studio run by an intelligent individual for a change. I want to WB to stop mucking around and announce Cavill's return already because I know for certain that he's still superman. And finally I want to hear a concrete announcement about the next Superman solo and the studio's plans for the character in general because we all know that Zaslev has made Superman a priority.
P. S. I wouldn't mind hearing about my 2nd favorite character Nightwing getting some love i,e, a solo outing, becaue if Babs is getting one then why not Dick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"