DC TV Series ‘Batman: Caped Crusader’: Animated Series From Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves Greenlit

You say you want new blood, then suggest Greenwood, who has been more bland in the role than Conroy has ever been in the past few years.

Greenwood is flat and monotonous in Young Justice and sounded bored as hell in Death in the Family last year.

Timm knows what he's doing so I'm up for whoever they cast, but we know it'll get complaints just like it always does.

It'll be one of the following:

1.) Why Conroy? I'm sick of him.
2.) No Conroy? Then I'm not interested.

If we get more scenes in this new show like the final confrontation between Batman/Jason/Joker that Greenwood aced in Under The Red Hood, then I would love to have him again. In fact, I've always wanted a series using that whole cast because I think DiMaggio is underrated as the Joker (but I digress).

But like you said, whoever they select I'm sure it'll get nitpicked, but such is fandom.

I definitely think the context of what kind of batman we're getting will help. Knowing how young or old he may be, or whether they go with a old timey voice that sounds the way actors did back in the 30's and 40's. So much mystery around this right now.

This article from February claims to have an insider from WB Animation, who stated the following:

1) A BATMAN series is in the works with Bruce Timm at the helm.

2.) Kevin Conroy is currently attached to voice Batman.

3.) No Mark Hamill, as the source is unsure if The Joker will even appear. (Perhaps because the villains will be more along the lines of Hugo Strange, The Monk, etc?)

The source got one thing right, let's see if the other two come to fruition when casting is confirmed. Also, remember that Kevin Smith said he heard from ''very reliable people'' that a ''sort of'' B:TAS reboot was in the works. I wonder if it started off as that and then morphed into this?

-----

There's also this. Daniel Pipski is working on this series with Matt Reeves.

Last edited:
This has skyrocketed to my most anticipated superhero movie or show. This lineup is stacked, the tag line is word-for-word what I would like to see, and the artwork is glorious.

Bruce Timm being given an opportunity to revisit Batman with 30 worth years of experience and hindsight is indescribably exciting. Fingers crossed for Dini involvement as well.

BTAS remains the greatest Batman adaptation of all time, but the network censorship and budgetary/time restraints at times prevented the show from reaching its full potential. I could not be more excited for this.

BTAS remains the greatest Batman adaptation of all time, but the network censorship and budgetary/time restraints at times prevented the show from reaching its full potential. I could not be more excited for this.

Id be careful what you wish for lol. If Buffy being turned into a comic taught me anything is that having 10x the creative freedom and "bigger" (or in comics cake, no) budget does not mean that the stories will be better. Sometimes you need those censorships/budetary/time restraints to really get the creative juices flowing and produce the best product.

DC Kids is promoting this thing. It will air on Cartoon Network. It's clearly going for that all ages B:TAS vibe.

It'll have restraint and I think that's a good thing. If you want R-Rated Batman there's plenty of DTV's including the upcoming Long Halloween. Not to mention Harley Quinn.

This article from February claims to have an insider from WB Animation, who stated the following:

2.) Kevin Conroy is currently attached to voice Batman.
I don’t dislike this enough to say “ugh” but... yeah, kinda ugh.

I love what he did on BTAS and I’ll always appreciate his service as far as this character goes, but... it’s just not the same anymore.

The Reeves of it all and the timing of the projects points to a certain amount of synergy with The Batman, I’d prefer they seek out someone in the 30-40 range.

I love what he did on BTAS and I’ll always appreciate his service as far as this character goes, but... it’s just not the same anymore.

The Reeves of it all and the timing of the projects points to a certain amount of synergy with The Batman, I’d prefer they seek out someone in the 30-40 range.
Couldn't have said it better. Personally I'm curious how Ackles works out for the voice in TLH.

I trust Timm enough to know that the animation and designs will probably look great. I do hope this is kept at PG level like the original TAS, then there might be hope for this. Bruce TImm without censorship is not something I want to see.

Then there is still the problem of JJ Abrams and Matt Reeves whose work I generally dislike. I might give the first episode a chance , mainly to see the visuals.

I love what he did on BTAS and I’ll always appreciate his service as far as this character goes, but... it’s just not the same

It's just a rumour, but I thought I'd highlight it because we have had a number of leaks from WB recently that turned out to be 100% accurate. I'll be interested to see if the source is right.

So, while this is a ''new world'' as the press release says it seems it will borrow from the DNA of B:TAS to make it a spiritual successor:

- Bruce Timm producing/using his art style.
- Using the mini movie format.
- Film noir/psychological exploration of villains.
- Conroy giving voice to Batman (another spiritual link).
- Even the "Caped Crusader" portion of the title is using the B:TAS title font.

I remain unconvinced on Conroy, but we'll see.

He was great.

Anthony Ruivivar was another strong Batman and his voice would certainly suit this iteration of the character.
Ruivivar had a great Batman voice. Sad we didn’t get to see more of it in addition to Jeremy Sisto.

Kevin Smith didn't seem all that interested in talking about the show on 'Fatman Beyond'. Basically confirmed that this WAS the show he was referring to. No indication as to why he was hyping it up as a B:TAS continuation. So just like every other scooper, he heard 'Bruce Timm' and 'Batman', added 2 + 2 and got 5.

Jensen Ackles from that short clip might be my favorite Batman after Conroy... seriously... amazing

Jensen Ackles from that short clip might be my favorite Batman after Conroy... seriously... amazing
I honestly agree. Based on the two trailers alone, I want him to play Batman in some other animated projects. The whole voice cast sounds great in that one

Ackles is now the new Batman in this DC animated movie universe? Like how Criss is Superman? I think The Long Halloween is connected (in the same universe) to Man of Tomorrow and JSA, right?

Ackles is now the new Batman in this DC animated movie universe? Like how Criss is Superman? I think The Long Halloween is connected (in the same universe) to Man of Tomorrow and JSA, right?

That's right. They haven't outright confirmed it, but it's pretty clear that's the plan. I hope we get alot more Ackles as Batman after The Long Halloween.

He sounds great.

So is this basically going to be a long form/full show version of the Batman Strange Days short that Bruce Timm made for Batman's 75 anniversary a few years ago?

So is this basically going to be a long form/full show version of the Batman Strange Days short that Bruce Timm made for Batman's 75 anniversary a few years ago?
Aesthetically, maybe. Story-wise, who knows.

It'll have restraint and I think that's a good thing. If you want R-Rated Batman there's plenty of DTV's including the upcoming Long Halloween. Not to mention Harley Quinn.
but both of those are ****in awful lol. At least TLH didn't look promising to me. Unless it turned out great or something idk

Harley Quinn is hysterical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"