2015 NFL Thread: Game On - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, good luck with Blaine Gabbert, my man!!

He's going to take a beating just like Kap did. When the OL is as bad as the 49ers' OL is, none of the skill positions can function properly.

Peyton Manning's Poor Performance on the Field Hindering His Ability to Do Commercials

manningface_zpsp4ktlcjh.jpeg

Following another mediocre performance in which Peyton Manning failed to throw a single touchdown, executives from a number of companies that Manning regularly advertises for are considering moving on from the Denver Broncos quarterback. While Manning's dedication to plugging any and all pieces of corporate crap is unparalleled, his diminishing skills are leading some execs to question whether he has anything left in the tank.

"We love Peyton and thing he's a total class act," said Nationwide CEO Stephen R. Rasmussen. "We'll always appreciate what he's done for us. No one, and I mean NO ONE can sing to a chicken parmesan sandwich like Peyton. But sadly, this is a young man's game and age eventually age catches up with you. Peyton's still under contract for a few more spots but after that, I guess we'll just go back to that world's greatest salesman in the world guy or maybe that hot chick in the catsuit who's good at backflips."

Some executives, like Papa John's CEO John Schnatter, became emotional when discussing the possibility of cutting Manning. "I've known Peyton for years; he's a close, personal friend of mine," he said. "It was just last month that he came over to my castle and we took turns shooting my manservants with a potato gun. Having to let him go after all this time just sucks. I'm going to go cut some of my employees' health benefits to make myself feel better."

As for the man himself, Manning admits that he is disappointed but understands the nature of the business. "It's just how it goes," said the NFL's all-time leading advertiser. "But after appearing in 7,936 commercials, even I have to admit I'm burned out."

However, Manning added that he plans on setting a few more commercial appearance records before hanging it all up. "As usual, my schedule is going to be wide open come January, so I might as well make a little more cash," Manning explained, before choking on a slice of Papa Johns' pizza.

I still think the Jets should trade for Kaepernick. It's a total low risk, high reward deal. The two guys they have now are definitely not the future and the Jets are going to end up picking in the middle of the 1st round anyway so they need to explore all options out there.

I still think the Jets should trade for Kaepernick. It's a total low risk, high reward deal. The two guys they have now are definitely not the future and the Jets are going to end up picking in the middle of the 1st round anyway so they need to explore all options out there.

If I were the owner of the 49ers you'd have yourself a deal!!!

I'm just gonna leave this here:

12190903_1021818267864861_3756492071577239336_n.jpg

I find that hilarious. Kaepernick can't get past his first read or complete a pass to ANY open receiver (reason why he was benched) but since his stats are similar to Cam's it is a wash. Newton has a 54% completion percentage because his weapons are second in the league with drops. Adjusted, Cam is actually completing 61% of his passes (two games ago he was at 66%).

But, you know, that's not important.

Counter sent by Panthers.

12031523_1064709336874992_4631819449450839097_o.jpg

Funny thing about numbers...

joHwLEq.png

Then there's this nugget:

"Ted Ginn has dropped 23% of catchable balls thrown his way. That's really bad. However, Devin Funchess is at 46%."

Last edited:
I was listening to Sirius NFL radio today and a guy called in and said that the Dolphins should have traded Ryan Tannehill for RG3. Just let that sink in for a minute. I mean, granted, Tannehill hasn't been good and has been downright awful at times. But even if there is hope that the Redskins didn't completely ruin RG3 forever (which is unlikely because: A. his mobility was a key factor in what made him so effective and he doesn't appear to have that anymore and B. they're the Redskins) I seriously doubt that he's the guy to come into your problematic organization and set it straight.

But anyway, I digress. It was the next little nugget that this caller threw out that damn near made me spit coffee all over my dashboard. He said, and this is a direct quote: "I'd like to see Matt Moore. I'd like to see what he can do."

DING DING DING IT LOOKS LIKE WE'VE FOUND OUR BUDDY ETM, YOU GUYS!!!

I was wondering what happened to him. It looks like he's taken to calling into radio shows since disappearing from the Hype. Actually, he may still be around for all I know but I never see his posts in this thread anymore.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

I'm stressing over Thursday's game like crazy.

I find that hilarious. Kaepernick can't get past his first read or complete a pass to ANY open receiver (reason why he was benched) but since his stats are similar to Cam's it is a wash. Newton has a 54% completion percentage because his weapons are second in the league with drops. Adjusted, Cam is actually completing 61% of his passes (two games ago he was at 66%).

But, you know, that's not important.

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and bump Newton's completion % up to 61% (you'd also have to bump Kaep up some as well since everyone drops balls), you're not really creating a lot of separation there. The truth of that graphic lies more in the fact that Kaep is actually perceived to be a lot worse than he is (because Tomsula and the Niners are a tire fire) and Newton has the deoderant of playing on a pretty good team with a defense that hands him the ball on a short field quite often.

Counter sent by Panthers.

12031523_1064709336874992_4631819449450839097_o.jpg

Funny thing about numbers...

Yeah, funny thing. Especially when you take into account that Young's first 20 starts in the NFL were with an epically bad Bucs team that went 3-16 in that stretch

"Ted Ginn has dropped 23% of catchable balls thrown his way. That's really bad. However, Devin Funchess is at 46%."

provide some context to that. %'s can be deceiving. How many targets is this on, etc?

I'm stressing over Thursday's game like crazy.

Two things concern me: one, it's a short week after a physically and emotionally taxing trip to Pittsburgh (aren't they all?), and two, for whatever reason the Browns always seem to give Dalton fits, even more so than the Ravens or Steelers.

But that said, Cleveland is a dumpster fire atm. The secondary is down to whoever they can find sober in the parking lot before the game, the midget (h/t Marvin Lewis) is starting at QB, and half the team found out it was on the trading block this week.

Knowing the Bengals, they'll find a way to keep this close, but I think they pull out win No. 8 tomorrow night.

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and bump Newton's completion % up to 61% (you'd also have to bump Kaep up some as well since everyone drops balls), you're not really creating a lot of separation there. The truth of that graphic lies more in the fact that Kaep is actually perceived to be a lot worse than he is (because Tomsula and the Niners are a tire fire) and Newton has the deoderant of playing on a pretty good team with a defense that hands him the ball on a short field quite often.

As Pro Football Focus just posted, Kaepernick is being benched because he's having issues running the most simplistic offense in the NFL. I mean, if he can't read defenses and find the open receiver, then, well, he sucks. Yes, Colin has been a victim of crappy protection and a drop here and there but when your own teammates start calling for your benching that speaks volumes more so than stats.

Cam is carrying this team through hell.

Yeah, funny thing. Especially when you take into account that Young's first 20 starts in the NFL were with an epically bad Bucs team that went 3-16 in that stretch

And The Panthers weren't in 2010-2011? We had Teh Jimmeh as our starting QB and a disinterested Steve Smith on offense. On defense, Thomas Davis (had just torn his ACL for the third time), Chris Gamble and Jon Beason (also had his own injury issues). That's it.

70% of our starting line up that season isn't even in the NFL anymore. That's not even including our drafts.

Cam walked into the dumpsters of dumpster fires. It was so bad that Luck went back to college one more year to avoid being drafted by us.

provide some context to that. %'s can be deceiving. How many targets is this on, etc?

Well, Ginn is our number one. He averages 5-6 targets a game just on that alone. Funchess is a tad more difficult to account for. In the Seattle game, he had eight targets in total but against The Colts he only had three targets.

Colin Kaepernick is just a bad quarterback plain and simple. He had beginners luck and now it has run out. He from now on will be a backup/journeyman QB if he last longer in the league.

Colin Kaepernick is just a bad quarterback plain and simple. He had beginners luck and now it has run out. He from now on will be a backup/journeyman QB if he last longer in the league.

I think he could find a home in Jacksonville/Cleveland if their QB situations continues to dwindle. Other than that, I agree, he's nothing more than a backup QB at this point.

Another scenario that I could see happening is him ending up in Dallas somehow. We know how Jerry Jones loves the headlines. Romo is getting older. Wouldn't surprise me if they took a chance on him.

Most fans forget that Kaepernick had the best OL in the game, a HOF RB, an Top 5 TE, a Top 10 WR, a dominant front seven and one of the best head coaches around... and he still lost The Super Bowl. It's funny. Now that his cast is junk, he regressed. Big time.

Oh, how the times have changed. At one point, Kaepernick and Griffin were viewed as Top 10 QBs. Now...

Most fans forget that Kaepernick had the best OL in the game, a HOF RB, an Top 5 TE, a Top 10 WR, a dominant front seven and one of the best head coaches around... and he still lost The Super Bowl. It's funny. Now that his cast is junk, he regressed. Big time.

Oh, how the times have changed. At one point, Kaepernick and Griffin were viewed as Top 10 QBs. Now...

That's why I place the blame squarely on him. Thanks to him we're no longer undefeated in the Super Bowl & for that I shall not forgive him. He has to go along with Baalke, Tomsula, & York.

That's why I place the blame squarely on him. Thanks to him we're no longer undefeated in the Super Bowl & for that I shall not forgive him. He has to go along with Baalke, Tomsula, & York.

You can blame Roger Goodfornothing and his trolls like Jerome Boger for the Super Bowl sham. I always will.

While Kap certainly hasn't played his best this season, and his confidence is clearly low, this team is horrid and he's far from the worst part of it. An organization can't dismantle everything that was working and expect one player to compensate for that. This is the same ignorant crap we went through with Nolan and Alex Smith, and it haunted us until Harbaugh came along and actually put a viable TEAM together.

I'm guessing Kap will be cut in the offseason due to his inflating contact. It's a shame that we wasted his physical gifts. We'll have a new QB and a new coach in the next couple of years, and they'll most likely be losers because the York family is clueless. As long as we have terrible ownership, we'll continue to be perennial losers.

You can blame Roger Goodfornothing and his trolls like Jerome Boger for the Super Bowl sham. I always will.

While Kap certainly hasn't played his best this season, and his confidence is clearly low, this team is horrid and he's far from the worst part of it. An organization can't dismantle everything that was working and expect one player to compensate for that. This is the same ignorant crap we went through with Nolan and Alex Smith, and it haunted us until Harbaugh came along and actually put a viable TEAM together.

I'm guessing Kap will be cut in the offseason due to his inflating contact. It's a shame that we wasted his physical gifts. We'll have a new QB and a new coach in the next couple of years, and they'll most likely be losers because the York family is clueless. As long as we have terrible ownership, we'll continue to be perennial losers.

I wish DeBartolo would come back & buy the team again. He was an awesome owner & let Walsh run the team. :csad:

I wish DeBartolo would come back & buy the team again. He was an awesome owner & let Walsh run the team. :csad:

Eddie still wants to return, but John and Denise want Jed in control of the team. I hope that over time the family gets so tired of losing and being flamed by the fans that they wash their hands of the team entirely.

It definitely was on Kaepernick. Ego got in the way. The same goes for Wilson. Colin was shredding Baltimore's defense with his legs in the second half but he opts to throw it on the final three downs? Not smart. Had it been Cam, no question, he would've rushed it in himself without hesitation.

It definitely was on Kaepernick. Ego got in the way. The same goes for Wilson. Colin was shredding Baltimore's defense with his legs in the second half but he opts to throw it on the final three downs? Not smart. Had it been Cam, no question, he would've rushed it in himself without hesitation.

Nope. Had the 49ers had the fresh set of downs on the missed blatant personal foul, we might have been able to hand it to Gore a couple of times or run some play action.

Nope. Had the 49ers had the fresh set of downs on the missed blatant personal foul, we might have been able to hand it to Gore a couple of times or run some play action.

Fresh set of downs??? You guys didn't need them. Y'all were right there in the redzone with Ngata out and Suggs exhausted.

Fresh set of downs??? You guys didn't need them. Y'all were right there in the redzone with Ngata out and Suggs exhausted.

There's a MASSIVE difference between 1 more chance at the end zone (which was also a missed penalty) and 4. The NFL never gave an explanation about why the trolls didn't do something about a defenseless WR getting temporarily blinded because a defender launched himself into Crab's facemask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"