2015 NFL Thread: Game On - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
12494663_10153864699206617_4748403326378108345_n.jpg

Here comes Odell, he's a Beserker.....

So the Giants are going to stick with Ben McAdoodledoo, Jerry Reese and Steve Spagnoulo. It's kind of mind-boggling. Wow, Eli didn't throw as many interceptions this year! Progress! Sure they couldn't run the ball worth a crap and the defense gave up 1,000 points and the only talented position player on the team is Odell Beckham, but hey, he makes amazing one-handed catches in all of the Giants' almost-wins! Better not rock the boat TOO much. Just blame Coughlin 'cuz he's old and hand the keys over to his much less-successful co-workers. The Maras are idiots.

I think Reese is gone if they founder again.

They just don't have the people on defense. 8 1/2 finger JPP is like the best person on that side.

Meanwhile Chip Kelly to the 49ers and it looks like Coughin removed his name from consideration from the Eagles.

GAWD!!! Chip Kelly???!!! I'm all ready for another top 10 draft choice in NFL Draft 2016.

Last edited:
I think Reese is gone if they flounder again

Here's the problem with that:

MacAdoo is going to get a couple of years to prove himself. This pretty much gives Reese a 2 year life line unless the Giants really come undone with a 3-13 or 4-12 campaign. If MacAdoo shows everyone that he can indeed be a head coach in this league and Reese screws it up again, the only thing the Giants can do is promote from within to replace Reese. You can't bring in an outside GM and force a head coach on him.

So the Giants are going to stick with Ben McAdoodledoo, Jerry Reese and Steve Spagnoulo. It's kind of mind-boggling. Wow, Eli didn't throw as many interceptions this year! Progress! Sure they couldn't run the ball worth a crap and the defense gave up 1,000 points and the only talented position player on the team is Odell Beckham, but hey, he makes amazing one-handed catches in all of the Giants' almost-wins! Better not rock the boat TOO much. Just blame Coughlin 'cuz he's old and hand the keys over to his much less-successful co-workers. The Maras are idiots.

Wow, such an uninspired hire by the G-Men. Predictable and boring. It is the Giants' equivalent to hiring Jim Tomsula

Without Coughlin there to reign him in, the Giants will run no less than 45 fade routes every game.

Wow, such an uninspired hire by the G-Men. Predictable and boring. It is the Giants' equivalent to hiring Jim Tomsula

Or Jim Caldwell circa 2008.

I seriously don't understand this sort of thing. It was a similar situation when the Steelers gave Dick Lebeau the boot. The game had CLEARLY passed him by, it had been evident for years. But instead of bringing in a fresh mind, they just promoted his idiot disciple. And WHAT A SURPRISE, the secondary still sucks. WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING.

I have a feeling of McAdoo was passed over, he would have went to Philly. Leaving the Giants without a HC, an OC and a last place defense.

I don't know who else they could have got that would have shaked things up. :huh:

I have a feeling of McAdoo was passed over, he would have went to Philly. Leaving the Giants without a HC, an OC and a last place defense.

I don't know who else they could have got that would have shaked things up. :huh:

Well, let's be honest about one thing....Coughlin didn't resign. He was fired. So as Rows said, why force him out if you are simply going to bring in an inferior model? Is McAdoo a step up from Coughlin in any way? I just don't see it. Hiring McAdoo says to me that firing Coughlin was a huge mistake and the Maras are already realizing it.

We will call him McAdoodle, relative of a Rock a Doodle.

In another timeline this would have worked out well for the Giants. They made Mike Sullivan the new OC today and he had been with Eli and Tom since the beginning in 2004 until he briefly left to be the OC for Tampa. Right before he took the Tampa job, the Giants considered him the top potential replacement for Coughlin.

If all that stuff had backfired on them like you laid out, the Giants would have had no choice but to have hired Sullivan and I think that would have been great.

And word is breaking that Chiefs OC Doug Pederson is the next coach of the Eagles.

And word is breaking that Chiefs OC Doug Pederson is the next coach of the Eagles.

So all that remains open are the Titans, Bucs and possibly the Lions (new GM has yet to make a decision regarding Caldwell). A lot of talk that Mularkey might remain in Tennessee and Dirk Koetter is a shoe-in for Tampa. So the 2016 coach class is:

Adam Gase
Hue Jackson
Ben McAdoo
Chip Kelly
Doug Pederson

and possibly:

Mike Mularky
Dirk Koetter

Gotta say, unless the Lions move on Caldwell and land a whale, this is the most boring coaching class I have ever seen. All of these hires are so very uninspired and yawn worthy.

Just wait until the Bengals promote Paul Brown Stadium's janitor to OC.

"He's been with the organization for twenty years. He knows this team inside and out. He's basically Fortune from Rudy."

So all that remains open are the Titans, Bucs and possibly the Lions (new GM has yet to make a decision regarding Caldwell). A lot of talk that Mularkey might remain in Tennessee and Dirk Koetter is a shoe-in for Tampa. So the 2016 coach class is:

Adam Gase
Hue Jackson
Ben McAdoo
Chip Kelly
Doug Pederson

and possibly:

Mike Mularky
Dirk Koetter

Gotta say, unless the Lions move on Caldwell and land a whale, this is the most boring coaching class I have ever seen. All of these hires are so very uninspired and yawn worthy.

That would be this guy, who I don't see leaving (I think Bama is his last stop as a coach):

saban.jpg

This guy would also be rumored every year:

Kirk-Ferentz.jpg

That would be this guy, who I don't see leaving (I think Bama is his last stop as a coach):

saban.jpg

This guy would also be rumored every year:

Kirk-Ferentz.jpg

Nah, I think if Bob Quinn moves on from Caldwell, Josh McDaniels will be getting the nod in Detroit, due to their shared New England connection. Its more exciting than any other hire that has happened this off-season, but still pretty dull.

Nah, I think if Bob Quinn moves on from Caldwell, Josh McDaniels will be getting the nod in Detroit, due to their shared New England connection. Its more exciting than any other hire that has happened this off-season, but still pretty dull.

Would Sean Payton have moved the needle?

BTW, Mickey Loomis says Drew Brees will be back.

The Lions have officially retained Jim Caldwell. Just when you think this year's coaching carousel could not get any more underwhelming, the poster boy for underwhelming coaches everywhere keeps his job and the Lions fans can rest assured that another year of mediocrity is forthcoming. :lmao:

Wow. This has been one of the worst coaching carousels in recent history. Teams either kept their awful/mediocre coaches (the Lions, the Bills, possibly the Titans) because they're scared sh**less of making a change, or they fire their HC and promote his assistant (NYG, Bucs).

I guess I understand the Lions, sort of. I mean, maybe Caldwell gets a pass this year because he at least got the team to the playoffs in his first season. He's still the epitome of mediocre, but perhaps all hope is not lost there. But the others leave me scratching my head. Rex Ryan was probably only going to be fired if the Bills went 0-16, but that team still underachieved. The Titans are a sh**show and if they retain Mularky then they'll definitely stay that way. As for the other two, what, was the offense in New York and Tampa SOOOOOOOO good that they just couldn't let either of those guys go? It boggles the mind.

And then you do have the new hires (YES there actually are a few). Some of these make sense to me. Pederson to Philly could be called the "Hey, Andy, we're sorry" hire. But it could work. Gase to Miami might work, but I think that if it doesn't, it's time to give up on Ryan Tannehill. Every year they say that guy is on the cusp of breaking out and it just doesn't happen. Maybe a new coach will fix it, but I'm not sure. Chip Kelly will probably run San Fran into the ground but that would still somehow be a step up from Jim Tomsula. And then there's the Browns and Hue Jackson. Amazingly, they look like the smartest one of the bunch right now. But that all hinges on whether they can find a quarterback.

Bengals hire their QB coach of 12 years to be their new OC.

Meh. Continuity hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"