2017/2018 NHL thread: Capital WON

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is amazing considering I heard so much talk about how they needed to break this team before and during these very playoffs.

You finally got it Ovi. You finally got it.

Ovi's name gets added as Maurice Richard gets his taken off.
Seems apropos.

Congrats to the Washington Capitals, Stanley Cup Champions. They earned it cohesively as much as any team, hockey or otherwise, has won a title.

They are finally validated in the hockey world after years and decades of coming up short. Ovechkin was inspiring. No other athlete deserved a title in their sport that hasn't won. I guess you could say Marino.

It's not all about him though, Kuznetsov, Holtby, OG Backstrom, Carlson, Wilson, the list goes on and on. Nobody was bad in these playoffs for Washington.

Stanley-Cup-Capitals-Golden-Knights-Hockey.jpg

You're just a hater, man. It's ok. Just get it checked out before it flares up. The whole hockey world saw what an amazing group this Capitals team was.

Bobrovsky, Murray, Vasilevsky, Fleury. All top 10 goalies made to look pedestrian if not outright bad

Hoffman and his crazy fiancee dealt to the Sharks for Boedker and then flipped to Florida for 3 draft picks.

Hoffman and his crazy fiancee dealt to the Sharks for Boedker and then flipped to Florida for 3 draft picks.

What a crazy story with Hoffman. Obviously, they deny it vehemently, but friends of Karlsson's wife on Twitter confirmed the fiancee's craziness.

Taylor Hall wins the Hart Trophy

Matt Barzal wins the Calder Trophy

Banner night for Peter Chiarelli :lmao:

Sounds like the Islanders had a nice draft with Wahlstrom and Dobson falling to them.

Good god, Toronto fans are going to become sooo obnoxious now. Sorry Hulk, I would have preferred to see JT stay on the island too.

Just looking at the contract, 70 of the 77 m comes from signing bonuses. The base salary is under 1 m per over 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"