2016/2017 NHL Thread: This is pucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame about Hossa. Hope he gets the treatment he needs.

Ebs to Islanders for Strome. I'm good with this. Ebs will be happy being closer to Hall and McDavid will be happy having a Strome in Edmonton (he's all close and stuff to the Strome family).

With Ebs, it feels like breaking up with a guy who was an okay boyfriend. He was absent minded and would forget your anniversary or birthday. Sometimes he would cancel plans at the last minute because "something" came up. And often, he would come home from work and sit on the couch and watch TV for the whole evening while you cooked and cleaned. But he made you laugh. He seemed to care about you. Sometimes, he would be super romantic and cook dinner and play music and wear a nice suit.

You had fun together and there were a lot of good times, but you know that he’s not marriage material and you need to move on with your life.

NHL draft tonight. The Nolan v Nico draft debate will be settled tonight. Corey Pronman of ESPN thinks there's a chance Cale Makar goes number one.

Ebs to Islanders for Strome. I'm good with this. Ebs will be happy being closer to Hall and McDavid will be happy having a Strome in Edmonton (he's all close and stuff to the Strome family).

With Ebs, it feels like breaking up with a guy who was an okay boyfriend. He was absent minded and would forget your anniversary or birthday. Sometimes he would cancel plans at the last minute because "something" came up. And often, he would come home from work and sit on the couch and watch TV for the whole evening while you cooked and cleaned. But he made you laugh. He seemed to care about you. Sometimes, he would be super romantic and cook dinner and play music and wear a nice suit.

You had fun together and there were a lot of good times, but you know that he’s not marriage material and you need to move on with your life.

funny analogy, but Ryan Strome is not good. I feel like Snow took Chiarelli to the cleaners for now the third time in the last 3 years...

It's not like Ebs is much of a prize, either. I think he works for teams that suck, but the Oilers are too good now for him. He was non-existent for the playoffs and he's too soft. I think that was one of the biggest issues. The Oilers are a physical team now and Eberle is just not living up to that expectation.

It's not like Ebs is much of a prize, either. I think he works for teams that suck, but the Oilers are too good now for him. He was non-existent for the playoffs and he's too soft. I think that was one of the biggest issues. The Oilers are a physical team now and Eberle is just not living up to that expectation.

Not saying he's a superstar either, but his worst season was still one point better than Strome's best. The last two seasons, Strome has been non-existent but still has some value to teams I'm guessing because he's from a "hockey family", well so was Griffin Reinhart.

As for the playoffs. I don't think there's enough sample size there. Eberle played in the playoffs once in his career. I wouldnt read too much into that.

Strome has been a disappointment. Feel like the Isles got the better part of the deal.

well yeah from a talent perspective, thats no question. The downside to Eberle is he's making $6 million a year, and the Isles are already going to be up against the cap when they resign de Haan.

On a different note, Nico Hirshier seems like a nice kid.

Versteeg back in Calgary w00t! w00t!

Not sure about Lack as a backup, I think the goalie coach will have his work cut out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"