2019 NFL Thread: Hail to the Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible Hulk

Bad Hombre
Reaction score
Damn, looks like we usually start the new league year thread when free agency starts each season, which makes this about a month late.

Uh anyway

We're starting up a new NFL thread. Mostly just so we can begin adjusting back to the old world in which we all worship our New England Patriot overlords.

The 2019 NFL Draft is exactly two weeks from tonight. Mock away! (the draft I mean, not me. I'm very sensitive)

(insert obligatory Matt Moore reference) :hehe:

Russell Wilson resigns with the Seahawks for 4 years and $140 million. Now the highest paid player in NFL history.

I'm still hoping we trade up from 4 to number 1 and take Murray. I mean don't get me wrong I love Carr and all but he's not our QB of the future now that we're in full rebuild mode and we need to get a QB that can be that and I think Murray will be our best choice. All we need to do is get rid of 2 of our first round picks and we can do it and still have 2 more left.

This is the first time in years the Jets don't have to use time and resources on looking for a QB. They can sit back and take a good defensive player at 3. For all the talk of the Jets offense, their defense has declined over the years and was bad. Get an impactful player on defense in the first round and add depth to the offense with the other picks. Don't overthink this, Jets.

Here's hoping my Raiders get Murray tonight.

It does feel like Christmas for football fans. Hope every fan gets what they want. During the draft they almost always air the moment when the Jets passed on Dan Marino for Ken O'Brien. Hurts every time.

Draft caps for tonight. All have elements of their city's or state's flag incorporated into their designs.

Oh well here's to next year for our next QB.

Looks like the Bengals are putting off QB for another year at least. Can't say I hate the decision. I didn't love any of the guys in this year's crop (though I wouldn't mind snagging Will Grier in Round 3 tonight if he's there). 2020 and 2021 look to be stronger QB classes. Plus I like Dalton well enough that I don't mind seeing what he can do in a new head coach's system.

Of course, the problem with being in QB purgatory is that your guy is just good enough to put you smack dab in the middle of the draft, which means if you want a top 5 QB you're gonna have to give up the farm to move up and get him. Unfortunately when your team isn't an active player in free agency, you live or die by the draft. This Bengals team simply is not good or deep enough to start giving up premium draft picks.

All that aside, our offensive line has been trash since Whitworth and Zeitler left, so I'm thrilled with Jonah Williams. If Mack Wilson falls to them in the second round tonight, I'll be pleased as punch.

Oh well here's to next year for our next QB.

Yeah. I had a feeling they wouldn't draft a QB this year, if Carr flops this season, then yeah, definitely next year a new QB.

But I think they did good in the 1st round of the draft tbh. I think they could have probably gotten the Clemson DE later, but it is what it is.

Giants are my squad and yesterday was a gut punch hopefully it's one of those things that nobody knew how good the kid was but remind of how many DUKE qb have rings in the NFL

I'll wait

I'm glad the Jets didn't try to get too cute. They made the safe choice. Hopefully the right one.

Im mostly positive about the Raiders choices last night> I do wish they had traded down to get Ferrell...but it takes two to tango and for the most part I trust Mayock's scouting. But ofcourse what Gruden wants...Gruden gets.

Im pumped for Josh Jacobs. I think he'll fit in well. And the Raiders could always use another good DB

Sounds like Josh Rosen is getting traded to the Fins for their 48th pick (2nd rd) good deal. As for the draft last night I'm happy with the Ravens selection of Marquise Brown. I didnt have any of the wr's ranked in the 1st round, but I had Butler and him ranked 1 and 2.

But I think they did good in the 1st round of the draft tbh. I think they could have probably gotten the Clemson DE later, but it is what it is.

Mike Florio wrote an interesting article about how had Mayock still been a broadcaster and had his feelings about the player been public....the public consensus on him would have been higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"