2019 NFL Thread: Hail to the Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I realize SF could have still put them away afterwards.
The Chiefs got the win, but I personally do not feel that the "better" team won.
The better team is the one that wins, bud.

The better team is the one that wins, bud.

Most times, sure.
While they played pretty evenly in the first half, anyone watching the same would not think KC was the "better" team during the first 23 minutes of the second half.
Also, I think you're still sour about Super Bowl LI :oldrazz:

Wanted the Niners to win, but it was a good game. Can't hate on Andy Reid. He seems like a cool guy.

But KC didn't look too great all game, except in the last quarter. But hey, a W is a W.

Kinda wild the MVP threw two INTs, sacked once or twice and fumbled lol. But I guess who do you pick? No one really stood out.

Wanted the Niners to win, but it was a good game. Can't hate on Andy Reid. He seems like a cool guy.

But KC didn't look too great all game, except in the last quarter. But hey, a W is a W.

Kinda wild the MVP threw two INTs, sacked once or twice and fumbled lol. But I guess who do you pick? No one really stood out.
Damien Williams

Mahomes got it because of popularity and narrative considerations

Yeah. Williams.

The pass to Hill, while not on target, really should have been caught. It popped up and, bang, INT. Mahomes was off, but dialed it in late. Hey, $#!t happens. Hill scares the living $#!t out of DBs, but, over the middle, he's not exactly Tony Gonzales.

KC played it rather stupid in the last few minutes WRT running out the clock, but locked it with a big play. Hey, hat's off (and that's coming from a Raider fan). Luck plays a role, but the Niners had their share too. They just didn't pull it off when they needed to.

KC deserved to win this......ughhhhh....LOL

As a KC fan, I’ll admit that there is definitely a point to be made about the 49ers squandering their late game plan and making critical mistakes...

...But I also will argue that the Chiefs as a team played hard enough that *when* Mahomes finally dialed it in, the win was going to come the second any slip up was made by the 49ers. San Francisco’s D-Line is elite, and I’d say the Chief’s O-Line is only very good... but they did their job run blocking enough times to give the Chiefs *a* run game even early in the game, which is one more dimension to that offense than any defense could hope to fully shut out.

And unlike the earlier Chiefs playoff games this year, the receivers were dialed in early, which allowed them to compensate a little bit for Mahomes taking much longer than usual to get his footing - against the Texans and the Titans, the receiver shad dropped good passes, while here, they got the passes that Mahomes managed to get to them.

That’s why the game can be broken down into a half that was effectively a stalemate between both teams, a third quarter that belonged to the 49ers... and then a 4th quarter that belonged even more to the Chiefs.

I think a good way to view the two teams holistically is that the 49ers are stronger team when able to consistently execute their game plan, and would have won the game if they avoided crucial mistakes, while the Chiefs were a stronger team whenever any mistake was made by an opponent, and thus were unforgiving enemies, even if a little bit more containable.

Shannahan didn’t make *many* mistakes, and Garropollo didn’t make *many* bad throws... but the ones they did make cake at the worst time,and against the exact opponent most suited to make you pay for them in that situation.

I’d say Williams maybe deserves the MVP award over Mahomes... but I also think it bears arguing that Mahomes only had a subpar game by his own standards. He ended with gunslinger numbers at the end, compared to his usual sniper numbers... but he still did put up a competent, professional, and eventually lethal performance by the end.

Only if the 2020 NFL season happens, which who knows at this point.
I am sure it will. It is still 5 months off at this point. Even as incompetent as our leaders are, we should be able to get that done.

DeAndre Hopkins to the Cardinals.... I would hate to be a Texans fan right now.

If Bill O Brien hasn't lost the locker room by now, this is the time that he does.

Just change Toby to Tommy, and you have Darth Hoodie this morning:

New reports say Philip Rivers is heading to the Colts, and looks like Cam Newton is being shown the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"