2019 NFL Thread: Hail to the Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this game could go either way. If the Chiefs come out fast, they have the advantage and it marginalizes the Niners big advantage (running game-not to say they can't pass, but the running game is what will be the difference maker if they win). If SF comes out fast, then maybe they have an advantage. It's just that the Chiefs can score SO fast. Let's focus on how the D's do. SF has an advantage there. The Chiefs do on offense.

For me, I don't really care much who wins. As an 11 year Raider season ticket holder at the Coliseum, both outcomes are distasteful. Maybe they can play to a tie until they drop on the field from exhaustion. This is just an opportunity to make guacamole, bean dip, ceviche, sliders, and, just maybe, have a couple of drinks. :o

The thread-writer saw his Final Four make it. How often have preseason predictions squared out so evenly?? :ali:

However, I'm not satisfied...

I want the Mahomes Chiefs to win it all. We need a post Eagles-Patriots millennium breather. Do you know the Eagles/Patriots combine for more conference-championship and Super Bowl appearances than any other NFL team(s) since 2000?? :ali:

If the Chiefs down the 49ers in the Super Bowl (my wager), I'll thank Jesus.

Just throwing out a possibility here.....Jesus may not be watching the Super Bowl. :cwink:

So, I live in Los Angeles and I'm hearing almost nothing about the Super Bowl. Is that the case elsewhere? I suspect not. I swear to god, someone could drop a nuclear bomb on LAX and people would still be talking about Kobe. I work downtown and yesterday, people were still bringing stuff to Staples.

This seems like the least hyped SB that I've ever been through. Does it seem that way to others or does it seem about the same?

So the NFL screwed us again with Jacobs. I'm still trying to figure out what the League's beef is with the Raiders.

I'll never forget the "tuck" call along with many, many other decisions/calls. I guess if you sue the league for millions and win, they take a dim view of it? I have some friends who live in LV, maybe I'll make the trek out there sometime next fall.

I have super bowl squares where I can win a couple Grand so that's all I really care about.

I have super bowl squares where I can win a couple Grand so that's all I really care about.

You march to the beat of your own drum AND are practical. I like that. I won a ton of money years ago when the Rams beat the Titans. I got every quarter score, halftime, and final. That last tackle saved my @$$.

I got nasty looks from people for a week. Of course, the victor has to rub it in. LOL

Tuned in already! Pre show stuff

Sports-betting has chànged so much over the years for the Super Bowl and there so many more kinds of 'atmospheric variables' out there's on the field these days. The only thing that hasn't changed I see how the pool can affect the odds. When the QB knows how many people have bet against him, it can certainly affect his game time mentality!

I don't think such considerations will be important for LIV, since so many forecasters predicted a 49ers-Chiefs showdown way back in September.

I'm betting it will come down to Chiefs defense vs 49ers offense quality (others have suggested likewise already!).

So here's my quarter-by-quarter run line (ain't this nostalgic?),

====

1 2 3 4

CHIEFS 7 7 14 3
49ERS 3 7 10 9

Final: Chiefs 31-29 (!)

====

IMG_0312.PNG

Very enjoyable pre game. Always love seeing Peyton and Joe. Now, time for some damn football!!!! :mrk:

The 100 All Stars ceremony was really cool. I love legacy stuff like that

Both teams are well focused and hungry for the big win

Hope this game is not low-scoring because I won't win **** on my squares.

49's with a field goal kick!

First quarter over, and I called it perfectly friends...

If we were in a bar, I'd buy everyone a round of Pina Coladas

IMG_0317.PNG

Now time for Jennifer Lopez and Shakira on stage at the same time. If I don't start liking women sexually after tonight then I know I'm set for life.

There's another Minions movie coming out? They ridiing this thing to death ain't they?

Nice asses among other things but back to the game! Let's who breaks the tied score

One more quarter to go! 49's can't Chiefs catch up. Keep pushing through

Chiefs score again. This has been nerve racking!

That Groundhog Day commercial was fun as hell

Damn it. A miracle needs to happen for the 49's in 2 minutes and 40 seconds

Not the winners I wanted but congratulations to the Chiefs! It was a great tough game

Andy Reid finally did it!!! :applaud

The end of that game was all about who had the best player in the NFL at quarterback, and who had Jimmy G. Mahomes is a God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"