5.17 - Void (Spoilers) Discussion Thread

avidreader

Avenger
Reaction score
New episode Title from K-site

Void - Only spoilers to hand

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Roles being cast for this episode include a character named Dean, some reporters, a Hondouran boy, Allie, and most curiously, "Mr. & Mrs. Lang."[/FONT]

With the emergence of Zod looming upon us, I wonder if it has anything to do with the Phantom Zone.

"the eternal void which you yourself discovered"- Kryptonian Elder from Superman: The Movie

So yes, a good bet that it will center around Brainaic trying to release Zod from the eternal void...

Probably, considering that Brainiac is coming back in the 16th eppy Hypnotic.

or it could also be about the void left in Clark's life from the person who croaked in ep 100

Cant wait to see what they call the Episode with the return of Zod :up:

I actually can see this tying back to Lexriac.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallville_(Season_5)#Void

Void

ZOD IS RELEASED - Clark (Tom Welling) fails to stop Brainiac (James Marsters) in time and witnesses the return of Zod. Clark ends up trapped within the Phantom Zone and is helpless as Zod cause havoc and choas in Smallville. Who comes to Clark's rescue? Meanwhile, Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) and Lana's (Kristin Kruek) relationship grows closer as they find out more about the spaceship. Erica Durance, Allison Mack, John Glover and Annette O'Toole also star.(#2T6417).
oh yes baby :D.

KalKai said:
...Clark ends up trapped within the Phantom Zone...
Bah! And bingo. LOL I guess the Phantom Zone will be located somewhere behind one of these during this episode...

20050720SMPTEXL2.jpg

:D

Clark trapped in the Phantom Zone? Cool.

I wonder what kind of criminals he'll encounter in there; Ursa? Non? Namek? Athyr? The writers?

I wonder when casting why casting sheets for Zodd havent gone out yet.

Crisis Superman said:

I wonder what kind of criminals he'll encounter in there; Ursa? Non? Namek? Athyr? The writers?

I wonder when casting why casting sheets for Zodd havent gone out yet.

They may not have sent out the casting to agents in blastogram like they do with smaller bit players...

I'm not sure that it's at all uncommon for a bigger recurring charactrer. I don't think we ever heard about the casting notices for Brainiac, for example.

I think that would be an interesting choice, but I would hope they pick someone that is a better actor. You need someone who can hold his own with someone as smart and talented as marsters in the cast.

Cain is handsome and sexy but his acting chops leave a little to be desired.

Adrian Paul would be awesome: he's handsome, sexy and he can act.

He also has a special physicality about him, a kind of menace, that Cain doesn't have. I think someone like Paul would be a better choice.

Crisis Superman said:

LOL you made a funny :up:

Crisis Superman said:
I wonder when casting why casting sheets for Zod havent gone out yet.
They *may* have already cast him. Just a thought.

:cool:

triplet said:
I think that would be an interesting choice, but I would hope they pick someone that is a better actor. You need someone who can hold his own with someone as smart and talented as marsters in the cast.

Cain is handsome and sexy but his acting chops leave a little to be desired.

Adrian Paul would be awesome: he's handsome, sexy and he can act.

He also has a special physicality about him, a kind of menace, that Cain doesn't have. I think someone like Paul would be a better choice.

:confused: Who says Zod has to be 'handsome and sexy'? Thats just weird.

I just want someone who looks big, imposing and threatening. Though its more likely theyll go for a little guy like the Donner version -_- considering the Zod head that started to appear in that episode looked like Donner's Zod.

I just hope he doesnt spend too much time in the outside world. Zod conquered Earth in Superman 2 pretty fast and easily... but I really dont want Earth's first glimpse of Kryptonians to be evil dangerous conquerors. Superman needs to appear first.

Crisis Superman said:
:confused: Who says Zod has to be 'handsome and sexy'? Thats just weird.

It's not weird, it's human.

You would want any female guest star to be pretty and sexy, why is it so wrong for me to feel the same way about any male guest stars?

Misogynistic much, there Crisis?

The description just got removed from wikipedia.

Really? I wonder why....

triplet said:
It's not weird, it's human.

You would want any female guest star to be pretty and sexy, why is it so wrong for me to feel the same way about any male guest stars?

Misogynistic much, there Crisis?

I would want any female guest star to be pretty and sexy? :confused: Where are you getting that from?

Okay seriously Ive posted on this board for a while now and when did I ever drool like an idiot over the female castmembers? Never..

I prefer acting talent over looks any day.

Im not really misogynistic...I respect certain women.

How OLD do you think Zod should be? I think it'd be interesting if he was NOT only significantly older than Clark (maybe Jonathan's age) but also masters his powers rather quickly...perhaps even better than Clark.

I sure hope SV portrayal of Zod is similar to the movie, Terrance Stamp's portrayal was classic.

You think he'll say his classic line? (perhaps to Brainiac or Lex?)

LostSon88 said:
also masters his powers rather quickly...perhaps even better than Clark.

Shouldnt be a problem since Clark has not fully accepted who he is & where hes from etc. Zod is gonna be giving Clark a smack down & I hope that while Zod gives Clark a smack down & Clark sees all the things that he will be able to eventually do during the fights with the evil guys Clark will WANT to accept his destiny even more because Clark will hopefully realize seeing all the things that the other Kryptonians do Clark will eventually be able to learn that himself & use those Powers to help others in the future. I am glad they introduced these Kryptonians. They will certainly open a much larger world for Clark & Clark will see first hand the type of Powers he can / will eventually learn & use them to help others & this will have a hand in Clark coming up with a Secret Identity.

triplet said:
Really? I wonder why....
Bear in mind that Wikipedia had a description for 'Reckoning' that was entirely made up, and later removed ...

'Vengeance' was filmed in the middle of December. That would give them around 30 days (taking into account weekends and the break over the holidays) to have filmed three subsequent episodes to get to this one. Just about doable. At a guesstimate, 'Void' may be the one they're filming right now ... or are just about to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"