6.18 Progeny - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

ckhtvp8.gif

I was hopeing that they would have left the extended version of this. I liked how in the Director's Cut, Clark contemplated whether or not to save Lex or not.

This Ep was just blah to me. Short of Lynda Carter there was nothing I liked about this ep.

i forgot about that.

what a mistake(a smallville fan runs to explain why she can not control him :woot:) :csad:

it's never been established that Lex is a meteor freak. They speculated it did something to him because he never gets sick but it never went past that point.

it's never been established that Lex is a meteor freak. They speculated it did something to him because he never gets sick but it never went past that point.

Even if he was a "meteor freak", Moira would still have to know that he was and then would have to have something he owned to touch to even try it.

I don't see that as a plot hole.

I thought it was strange that she went back into her catatonia like that, like the people in that one Robin Williams film, "Awakenings."

Lynda Carter did a crappy job in a weak filler episode, this was nothing to right home about

I thought it was strange that she went back into her catatonia like that

Lex himself said that that medicine was only in "testing" stage & that it will only work for a limited time

where can i download this episode? or watch it? any one got a dailymotion link?-

did anyone laugh uncontrollably when clark said his last line?

"he war is starting" lol

oooh clark is gonan fight!

maybe he'll get hit by a tree again and then the fight will cut off to another plot

oooh we are so scared

whats he gonna do put on a leatehr jacket and comb his hair

oh no! lets run!

haha that line was funny

anyways, i found this episode boring and uninteresting
while it was chock full of story junk and even the allowed amount of action, it just felt flat. everyone's acting was off, even lex(sans the final confront with chloe's mom)

this show better start picking up, i dont suspect them to have many seasons after this(this may be the last) so they gotta start fixing things

Other than your taste in music, I don't so much share your opinion.

I thought the episode was pretty good, for filler. It established some nice back story for Chloe, and allowed a great guest appearance by Lynda.
One that could definitely be set up to come back at any point.

This season of Smallville has been really solid. One of their best. Hope they keep it up.

Also, did anyone catch that smallville legends thing? about Oliver and the boys takin out 33.1 centers? I thought it was neat.

^^look for a thread "Full length episodes online", i have tons of links in their

Well that wasn’t an episode that had me jumping out of my skin with excitement, but it was a good story, although there were a few points that had me thinking huh?

Like how did Chloe and her mom become meteor infected? I know the earlier spoilers said that they were visiting Chloe’s grandparents in Granville on the day of the meteor shower, so I don’t know if that was dropped after filming, or whether they still want to leave that little piece of information up in the air.

Not knowing how they were infected then begs the question how does Moira know that Chloe is infected, given that we’ve been told Chloe’s powers have yet to surface.

I was also waiting for an apology from Chloe for sticking the green K in Clark’s pocket, but then I realized that she wouldn’t have even remembered doing it. So I forgave her on that one.

And that was real nice of Lana’s doctor to jump to the conclusion that she was giving herself the hormones just so she could secure the hand of billionaire. I guess it’s the logical conclusion, but I think in the end he realized she knew nothing of it and was just as shocked as he was.

Could Lex have been any more of a bad ass in this episode? That is so the Lex Luthor that I want to love to hate, not this woobie version that they’ve been dishing out every now and then.

And could Clark have been any nicer to everyone in this episode? He was so sweet and warm to everyone, which makes me think that’s why they cut that bullet scene down. I’m sure the haters will find some reason to jump on his case about something, but I thought he was great.

Lynda Carter was great as Chloe’s mom, she slipped into the role quite effortlessly, but I did laugh at the picture of her that Chloe brought up on the computer.

So overall, not in my top 10 list, but a good interesting episode that will be worth rewatching a few times.

Can’t wait for next week, looks awesome!

I read an interesting spec that given Clark and Chloe's conversation at the end about how they can't go after Lex till she's safe is even more fuel for the fire that her supposed "death" might be staged in the finale.

I thought that too, and wondered if perhaps it would just be Chloe that would help Lana stage her death.

Yeah, it was a filler... not my favorite... but it had moments.

The scene with Lana and the doctor was great. Now she knows to what extent Lex went to manipulated her... (I totally called it!) I was also glad to see Lana and Clark talk about the wedding day again, and that Clark is totally NOT buying the wedding day jitters argument. They both seemed SO fragile... But now that Lana knows there was no baby to grieve over, I have a feeling she's going to toughen up quickly.

My real wha-huh :huh: moment came when Clark got out of the Toyota Tundra... I know about advertising and all, but it seems like they should have offered an explanation... I mean, his old truck has always been a symbol of his humble roots on this show. When did he get a BRAND NEW fancy HUGE expensive truck?! Did I miss something?

Yeah, it was a filler... not my favorite... but it had moments.

The scene with Lana and the doctor was great. Now she knows to what extent Lex went to manipulated her... (I totally called it!) I was also glad to see Lana and Clark talk about the wedding day again, and that Clark is totally NOT buying the wedding day jitters argument. They both seemed SO fragile... But now that Lana knows there was no baby to grieve over, I have a feeling she's going to toughen up quickly.

My real wha-huh :huh: moment came when Clark got out of the Toyota Tundra... I know about advertising and all, but it seems like they should have offered an explanation... I mean, his old truck has always been a symbol of his humble roots on this show. When did he get a BRAND NEW fancy HUGE expensive truck?! Did I miss something?

well, his mother is a state (or is it federal?) senator now... i'm sure that comes with a healthy pay increase over being a manager at the talon.

oh, and i pretty much agree with what seems to be the general consensus here: that this was a decent filler episode, nothing too great, but seeing lex go totally evil, knowing the truth about lana's (not so much) baby, and the very very ending were awesome.

i don't understand why they don't just go to lana and say "well, hey, so lex is doing this, this, and this, so um... yeah, you should probably leave him."

seams like the obvious thing to do, and they better have her away from him by the season finale.

The scene with Lana and the doctor was great. Now she knows to what extent Lex went to manipulated her... (I totally called it!)

I get the feeling that she is going to think it was Lionel that did it to her, at least until next week when she confronts Lionel.

I like this one because it looks like clark is having second thoughts on whether
or not to let it go into lex's face heh
Oh, yeah... This was great.

You can tell Clark seriously thought about just watching this scene play out without intervening... and then as he moves into action his expression totally says "oh crap, I'd rather let this happen, but probably couldn't live with myself if I let Lex die, so..."

I get the feeling that she is going to think it was Lionel that did it to her, at least until next week when she confronts Lionel.
Hmm... I didn't think about that... Wonder if she will swear the doctor to secrecy or will Lex find out she knows?

Am I the only one who thought the fancy new truck was out of place?

I wish more of you would post on SDK's blog. And say the episode was ok at most...or worse. That blog is way overrun with Chloe lovers. It could use more non-shipper perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"