8.20 - Beast - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

milwaukeesbestlabel.jpg

:D

judging from the limited spoilers this doesnt sound like its going to bery very series endingish. I'm thinking more and more that we're getting a 9th season

Last edited:
They are really focusing on Davis/Doomsday the last 5 episodes of the season. And Chloe might actually join the dark side, heh...

Jimmy and Ollie becoming friends?

good god no Lois?

Interesting. It's obviously the episode that starts the push toward the season finale.

whenever I see the title I'm going to think of that energy drink ad from Role Models, "Taste the Beast!"

I hope it feature's davis as doomsday again and we got to see clark and him have a throw down.

Marvel Crossover! Hyuck.

Only interesting spoiler I saw, besides
No Lois :down:
was
Chloe makes a decision that will change her friendship with Clark forever.
Don't really care about the other stuff described.

Speaking of not a lot of interesting stuff... it does sound like they're not anticipating this being the series finale. If they were, I'd hope to see a lot better stuff than the spoilers for the final 4-5 eps describe.

Also... anyone else getting the impression that they could easily off Chloe this season? Her proximity to Doomsday can't be a good thing, and with what she's done and been through this season... I could see her going soon.

judging from the limited spoilers this doesnt sound like its going to bery very series endingish. I'm thinking more and more that we're getting a 9th season

Nope, it could easily be the opposite, is a big episode. If Chloe decides to defend Davis and break her friendship with Clark, is a huge moment in the series' history, preparing the final showdown between CK and DD in the finale.

Nope, it could easily be the opposite, is a big episode. If Chloe decides to defend Davis and break her friendship with Clark, is a huge moment in the series' history, preparing the final showdown between CK and DD in the finale.

the series ending will be Clark as Superman it wont be Clark vs Doomsday. That's a season finale plotline not a series finale plotline.

^^ It doesn't change anything, he can become Superman after defeating DD. This has been posted a few times already, PS3 are ready to end the show this season if necessary, the final arc is the same:

I’m also curious, like since you guys are obviously going to go for a season 9, how challenging is it as writers to think about the arc of where the season finale is going to go because it may be the last season. It may not be the last season. So how are you planning for that?

Todd Slavkin: We have alternate endings this season. We know how this season will end if there’s a season 9, which we hope and we’re keeping our fingers crossed, and we believe there will be. And we have plans if this would be the series finale. So it’s just a matter of…right now we’re so early in the season that we don’t have to adjust yet, you know?

Darren Swimmer: But there’s an arc that either way, whether it’s the last season which it probably won’t be, or we go on—there’s still the arc….the story it’s not like we’re going to kind of have to like re-write and take out our erasers and re-write really fast. It’s going to be the same basic arc either way.

Lets say Chloe does side with Doomsday... This will happen

Doomsday kills Chloe, Clark sees this, flies to kill Doomsday, only to get rocked and killed himself... onto season 9

Lets say Chloe does side with Doomsday... This will happen

Doomsday kills Chloe, Clark sees this, flies to kill Doomsday, only to get rocked and killed himself... onto season 9

now that would be cool , ever since 'Legion' when , the legion said they could'nt find any mention of Chole is Clarks history ,I've been wondering about where they are going with Chloe . That and this 'heartbreaking choice' they said Clark would have to face in the finale .

I was hoping for the Injustice League for the finale.

^^ It doesn't change anything, he can become Superman after defeating DD. This has been posted a few times already, PS3 are ready to end the show this season if necessary, the final arc is the same:

it does change things because we've been told in the past that the "launch sequence" is a 5 episode arc. That's what PS3 are talking about in that article you posted. But the point is that would be eps 18-22, and we now know the plots of 18-20 and they have nothing to do with the launch sequence. It's basically just the build up of Clark and Doomsday. They knew once the script for 18 got approved whether or not the show is coming back. They're not going to suddenly cram that all into 2 episodes.

^^ You are missing the point, the final arc is the same either way, what changes is the ending of it. If S8 is the last, then Clark has an heroic send-off, if there's a S9, then we have a cliffhanger of him taking a heartbreaking decision to move on.

^^ You are missing the point, the final arc is the same either way, what changes is the ending of it. If S8 is the last, then Clark has an heroic send-off, if there's a S9, then we have a cliffhanger of him taking a heartbreaking decision to move on.

but they would still have to write two different scripts for the finale since it will be different, right?

Again, read what they said:

Todd Slavkin: We have alternate endings this season. We know how this season will end if there’s a season 9, which we hope and we’re keeping our fingers crossed, and we believe there will be. And we have plans if this would be the series finale. So it’s just a matter of…right now we’re so early in the season that we don’t have to adjust yet, you know?

Darren Swimmer: But there’s an arc that either way, whether it’s the last season which it probably won’t be, or we go on—there’s still the arc….the story it’s not like we’re going to kind of have to like re-write and take out our erasers and re-write really fast. It’s going to be the same basic arc either way.

Well if they film an episode that can be treated as a season finale and series finale, I will be VERY pissed. Smallville deserves better than that.

I was hoping when I saw the title that it would have Beast Boy.

:csad:

Chloe makes a decision that will change her friendship with Clark forever.

I'm thinking that maybe this time around, Chloe asks Clark to rid her of any memory of his abilities and who he is. Could be why they introduced it earlier and took it back so quickly.

this doesn't really seem like Series final material.

15 AU were Clark gets outed

16 Jimmy and Chloe fight about Doomsday

17 Zantana shows up and wackiness ensues

18 is about Smallville Babies(Lex and Doomsday)

19 is about Lois hunting down the RBB

20 More Doomsday

Not 1 episode all about Clark(save the AU), and do we really need to know that much about Doomsday before he and Clark fight(I personally just wish DD was a Luthercorp experiment gone wrong, would have made sense since they had Titan DNA from Combat and also given Tess' character more importance, the "tragic villian" thing is getting old). I also seems like an awefully lot of Chloe related stuff(yawn)

Last edited:
I was hoping for the Injustice League for the finale.

It was mentioned in 2 episodes and could have been the suicide squad rather than an injustice league.

he can't defeat doomsday... and really, if he faces doomsday, full on, then he has to die. You can't clean that up in 42 minutes... especially the way SV wastes it's weekly 42 minutes.

he can't defeat doomsday... and really, if he faces doomsday, full on, then he has to die. You can't clean that up in 42 minutes... especially the way SV wastes it's weekly 42 minutes.

Maybe Chloe can touch Doomsday then Clark sticks an electric wire into him and he blows up

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"