8.20 - Beast - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I don't think she's being intentionally malicious, but the results of what she is doing certainly may be. She is being incredibly irresponsible though, and I can't see how her feelings towards Davis justify in any way what she is doing, although it does make her actions more understandable.

I think there's a lot that can be said, interpreted, assumed about Chloe's motivations in this episode, even beyond her feelings for Davis. If nothing else, it's certainly shaken things up a bit in SV land.

Yeah, I guess you're kind of right. I've always been a big fan of Chloe. I guess I find it difficult to see her in a negative way. I just hope they sort it out soon and get her back to her best

Because she hasn't thought this through, despite appearances to the contrary. At best, she's prolonging the inevitable, and she would know that if she gave it a moment's thought. She knows Davis can't be killed, he's essentially immortal, and she knows he was sent to kill Clark. Hello? Chloe? Wake up hon! She cant protect Clark forever. Once she's dead, there's nothing stopping Davis from fulfilling his destiny. The best solution for the world would have been to send Davis to the PZ, because by Chloe's own admission, the good of the world should come before any individual - even Davis. She stopped Clark from banishing Davis, which ultimately ends up killing Superman in the future. Is it any wonder why fans are not too fond of Chloe right now? Well, unless you're a TWoPper.

We can only hope that next season Clark will develop more of the bullheadedness Superman is known for, because if he acted on his gut instincts in Beast like he usually does, he would have sent Davis packing.

I don't come on these boards very often, so forgive me for asking this but what does TWoPper stand for?

I don't come on these boards very often, so forgive me for asking this but what does TWoPper stand for?

people who post on the Television Without Pity forums. It's abbreviated TWoP I think

I've never been much of a Chloe fan, but I've actually enjoyed her more this season than ever. But still, within the context of this story arc, her character is crossing some serious lines that she's never crossed before. It's rather stunning, and I can imagine that people who are die-hard Chloe fans might be reeling a bit. As a Lana fan... been there, done that - although not to this extreme perhaps.

I don't think she's being intentionally malicious, but the results of what she is doing certainly may be. She is being incredibly irresponsible though, and I can't see how her feelings towards Davis justify in any way what she is doing, although it does make her actions more understandable.

I think there's a lot that can be said, interpreted, assumed about Chloe's motivations in this episode, even beyond her feelings for Davis. If nothing else, it's certainly shaken things up a bit in SV land.

I completely agree, i guess all I mean is even though she's doing some incredibly irresponsible things, insane things really, she thinks she's doing whats best, but its clear she's not positive she is doing the right thing and seems to be acting out of blind fear and blind loyalty, so I don't think she's a horrible person, or that she needs to be redeemed. She just effed up is all, but in SV land when you mess up, the world almost ends, lol.

I watched the episode again and I really believe Chloe still has a piece of Brainiac in her. What convinced me was she arrived at the Fortress. Davis didn't even know she was there and he seemed to just power down. I guess we will just have to wait and see I guess.

It's official, Chloe's ******ed. How is she helping Clark? What happens when Davis goes completely co-dependent and Chloe can't even go to the bathroom w/o him becoming a monster?

She's just prolonging the inevitable.

ah hell, we all know Chloe will end up crazy like her mother

I watched the episode again and I really believe Chloe still has a piece of Brainiac in her. What convinced me was she arrived at the Fortress. Davis didn't even know she was there and he seemed to just power down. I guess we will just have to wait and see I guess.

I think that's stretching it a little bit. It it possible? Yes. I don't know why they would bring Braniac back in the disscussion after it ended in "Legion".

I don't think I would be quite as critical if her loving Davis was actually convincing. For me, Chloe loving Davis is the same reason Padme loves Anakin Skywalker, the script required it. Chloe developing feelings for Davis to the point she would betray Clark so far has been completely unconvincing for me.

I completely agree, i guess all I mean is even though she's doing some incredibly irresponsible things, insane things really, she thinks she's doing whats best, but its clear she's not positive she is doing the right thing and seems to be acting out of blind fear and blind loyalty, so I don't think she's a horrible person, or that she needs to be redeemed. She just effed up is all, but in SV land when you mess up, the world almost ends, lol.

:up::up::up::up:

It's official, Chloe's ******ed. How is she helping Clark? What happens when Davis goes completely co-dependent and Chloe can't even go to the bathroom w/o him becoming a monster?

LOL! Funniest commentary on this episode that I've read. :D

I'm sure Chloe will be "redeemed" before this is all over. I can't see TPTB letting her character stay that far on the other side of the line. Ultimately, Chloe is supposed to be one of the good guys.

Did you not watch this episode? She is convinced, and scared to death, that Doomsday can someday kill Clark. Even Clark knows it, and she doesn't want her best friend dead. I totally understand why she is doing all this, and it seems as though she really has some feelings for Davis and of course doesn't want him to die or anything just because he has a monster inside of him. Even though they all know that someday the monster will win over Davis that doesn't stop her from doing what she does. It's like if someone you know is terminally ill, and you can choose to delay the outcome (death) in some way, then you would try your best to do so right? I know if I were in her position I would probably do the same thing.

I'm still not convinced that Chloe is keeping Davis alive so she can save Clark. That phone call seemed like she was making it up as she was going along. Maybe it's AM's acting in that scene or something.

Did you not watch this episode? She is convinced, and scared to death, that Doomsday can someday kill Clark. Even Clark knows it, and she doesn't want her best friend dead. I totally understand why she is doing all this, and it seems as though she really has some feelings for Davis and of course doesn't want him to die or anything just because he has a monster inside of him. Even though they all know that someday the monster will win over Davis that doesn't stop her from doing what she does. It's like if someone you know is terminally ill, and you can choose to delay the outcome (death) in some way, then you would try your best to do so right? I know if I were in her position I would probably do the same thing.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I'm still not convinced that Chloe is keeping Davis alive so she can save Clark. That phone call seemed like she was making it up as she was going along. Maybe it's AM's acting in that scene or something.

She looked like she was in pain to me lol.

i am still in the mindset she is doing it to protect clark.

LOL. Then you'd be using the same brain cells or lack thereof as Chloe. Have you not been watching the past few episodes? Davis is becoming more and more dependent on Chloe. She couldn't even leave the Talon w/o him freakin' out. Obviously he'll either be so dependent on her that she won't be able to leave his side or the effect she has on him will wane. She's not protecting Clark at all. The Phatom Zone is really the only option.

I think that's a bad analogy. Just my opinion. I would compare Davis to a mentally disturbed serial killer, that's more on the mark in my point of view.

Would you harbour someone you know is a serial killer, just because they are mentally disturbed?

What she is doing is irresponsible, and she cant possibly think that it can be without consequence. She just needs to step down from her martyrdom pedestal and look at the situation with a clearer eye.

I was just wondering...how did chloe stop the phantom zone portal? I know she took the crystal out of the motherboard but I thought only Clark (or a fellow kryptonian) could do that. I didn't know humans could touch it.

Honestly the season started out very strong, since the show came back from the brief hiatus the writing has been sloppy and questionable.

I was just wondering...how did chloe stop the phantom zone portal? I know she took the crystal out of the motherboard but I thought only Clark (or a fellow kryptonian) could do that. I didn't know humans could touch it.

It could be because the Fortress is still damaged and isn't as powerful as it once was without Jor-El. But at the same time, it makes you wonder how the Fortress could still function in the first place even after being drained by Brainiac.

Last edited:
It could be because the Fortress is still damaged and isn't as powerful as it once was without Jor-El. But at the same time, it makes you wonder how the Fortress could still function in the first place even after being drained by Brainiac.

When is Jor-El going to return?? I miss him!! :woot:

Yea i hope jor-el returns to the fos in the near future.

Honestly the season started out very strong, since the show came back from the brief hiatus the writing has been sloppy and questionable.

Well the Lana arc didn't help much for starters but since she left it just feels like the show is on stalling mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"