7.16 - Descent - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Very thoughtful review. I enjoyed reading it. I mostly agreed with you but I think we may disagree a bit on Lionel's underlying motives and redemption. But no matter, I think you did an excellent job of reviewing this episode. Lots of things stand out, but I especially liked your insight into the symbolism of the light in the last scene at Lionel's graveside.

I loved Glen's photography... I coulda said more about it, he used light/dark imagery through out the episode.

I mean in the tease, Lex was almost completely in shadow except for his face at the beginning...

He was almost always in shadow of some type even while other characters in the same scene were in light... the scene with Chloe in the Planet for example...

That was my favorite scene. Without a word spoken so much was conveyed through the actor's and the rich symbolism of that scene. These moments in the show are what make it for me and what keep me hopeful.

Yeah, that was perfect and it showed off how much like Superman Clark really is.

Funny how they completely blow it the very next episode, huh?

*sigh*

BTW, I didn't know you could say ass over here. :yay:

Yeah... ASS.

Surprised the hell outta me when I discovered it.

:D

the writers were probably wiped from doing the character justice so they decided to relax a bit and emo him up.

I loved Glen's photography... I coulda said more about it, he used light/dark imagery through out the episode.

I mean in the tease, Lex was almost completely in shadow except for his face at the beginning...

He was almost always in shadow of some type even while other characters in the same scene were in light... the scene with Chloe in the Planet for example...

Nice catch. Each time I re-watch this episode I find more to appreciate. It rocked on so many levels!

Yeah, that was perfect and it showed off how much like Superman Clark really is.

Funny how they completely blow it the very next episode, huh?

*sigh*

Agreed! I'm amazed that people still can't see how much Clark has progressed this season but with an episode like "Sleeper" it does give some their ammunition. It truly boggles the mind.

I know you are remaining spoiler free (don't know how you do it), but I have to say, I think we are both gonna love "Apocalypse"! :cwink:

Nice catch. Each time I re-watch this episode I find more to appreciate. It rocked on so many levels!

yep, true.

I think after I finish my sleeper review, I'm going to watch this again.

It'll be like a sherbert course in a fancy dinner, it'll help me clense my palette, so to speak.

;)

Agreed! I'm amazed that people still can't see how much Clark has progressed this season but with an episode like "Sleeper" it does give some their ammunition. It truly boggles the mind.

Color me seriously confused by Sleeper.

I know you are remaining spoiler free (don't know how you do it)....

It gets easier the longer I do it, but I think it is helping my reactions to the surprises in the episodes be more honest.

I had no clue Grant was really Julian like it had been disclosed in Blue, but then again from what I understand no one else had a clue about that either since it hadnt' been spoiled, but I was honestly floored.

I wish I could turn back time to be honestly surprised at Clark turning back time to save Lana or Jonathan's death in Reckoning... or somehow erase knowing about Lana's death ahead of time in the season finale last year, Phantom...

I don't want to ruin the big surprises like that, but then again they disclose some pretty big surpises all by themselves.

I didn't mention it, but I was pissed they showed Lex pushing Lionel to his death in the trailer.

:mad:

I guessed he was the one who would die, but I would have liked for the manner of his death to have been a surprise.

I knew it was going to happen in the tease as soon as Lex stepped out of the shadows...

*sigh*

...but I have to say, I think we are both gonna love "Apocalypse"! :cwink:

I hope so, I need some Supermanly goodness.

I didn't mention it, but I was pissed they showed Lex pushing Lionel to his death in the trailer.

:mad:

I guessed he was the one who would die, but I would have liked for the manner of his death to have been a surprise.

I knew it was going to happen in the tease as soon as Lex stepped out of the shadows...

*sigh*

Does it seem to you that they are giving away more than they used to? It has to me lately. I was also shocked about them showing Lex push Lionel out the window in the preview trailer. I kept thinking it might be a dream sequence (they have teased us in the past with scenes and info that turned out differently) but then there were all the spoilers that made it evident that Lionel really was going to be killed.

What's even worse, I just read the official description for Arctic and seriously there is no "teasing" and no "foreplay." It's just "wham, bam, thank you, maam!" And this is the season finale. What are they thinking? :huh: They gave away the whole plot and every character's ending dilemma.
I am truly po'ed. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"