7.17 - Sleeper - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

phoenixflight said:
We shouldn't dislike these episodes to much, they help to strengthen our main character by seeing how others view him.

^ Normally I'd agreed except Clark wasn't even active in this episode . He didn't use his powers once to save somebody . all he did was whiny through the whole episode .

Lex is always great, (even in all the crappy episodes, Lex always shines bright) It seems like Lex is the only character from since the very beginning of the series . The writers always write the best stuff . While Clark get's all the crap .

yeah, so far Lex is the only character to have progressed the most in the entire series. He's definitely my favorite character.

Jimmy Bond. Where the heck did he get all those skills

yeah, so far Lex is the only character to have progressed the most in the entire series. He's definitely my favorite character.

And they basically got Lois Lane character right from the get-go

(Season 4-5) The Army Brat Daughter of General Sam Lane

(Season 6) - The Birth Of The Reporter

(Season 7) - The Reporter-in-Training

(Season 8) - Top Ace Investigative Reporter

I finally got a chance to watch this episode today...I actually enjoyed it. I LOVED the music they played during the party.

This episode prominently features Jimmy Olsen as the hero, and received the lowest rating on TV.com of the Season 7 (8.6/10, tied with Hero). This is the second time Jimmy has been the hero; the first time was Season 6's Noir, also the lowest rated episode of its entire season (7.94/10).

http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Sleeper#Notes

This epiosde was horrible. You hardly see Clark or Lex, it focused way too much on Chloe/Jimmy and no Lois . I was really looking forward to this episode and was dissappointed. I'm guessing the device Lex has is coordinates to the Fortress(guessing this from next weeks preview). And Clark possibly traveling back in time to Krypton to save Kara? I really don't know if I like the sound of that.

This season started off great for me, but then fell apart midway through. Im waching more now to finish off the season and not bc I care and love it

I like AA but they are seriously misusing his character. He is great as the cute/comical/secondary character that Jimmy Olsen is traditionally in the story but they keep writing him OOC. Noir worked okay for me because it was a dream sequence and I liked other elements of it but Sleeper was just so unbelievable it was hard to take seriously.

I already finished my review and Craig said in email that he won't post it until tomorrow because he's interviewing Caroline Dries today and didn't want her to see the review before he talked to her.

LOL!

:D

I guess he wanted her in as good a mood as possible and my review of her work would probably make her a bit cranky...

;)

Poor Caroline. I think a lot of that wasn't her fault, she's usually so reliable as a writer, but who else can you blame since her name is on it?

At least it wasn't as bad as "Subterrianian." (Still my least favorite episode of the series.)

But it still sucked pretty hard. Definitely one of the worst of the season. I think tied with "Hero" in that regard.

(Speaking of which, did anyone else cringe at the "Stride" close up in this episode?)

If I remember correctly, and remember, I totally zoned out less than halfway through, it was along with a close up of Jimmy's & Chole's gadgets. (When Jimmy was trying to download stuff from her whatever...it was around the dance scene, and a pack of Stride was conviently placed with said gadgets. :whatever:)

If I remember correctly, and remember, I totally zoned out less than halfway through, it was along with a close up of Jimmy's & Chole's gadgets. (When Jimmy was trying to download stuff from her whatever...it was around the dance scene, and a pack of Stride was conviently placed with said gadgets. :whatever:)

Yeah, it was on the table next to Chloe's cell phone and I think her purse...

This epiosde was horrible. You hardly see Clark or Lex, it focused way too much on Chloe/Jimmy and no Lois . I was really looking forward to this episode and was dissappointed. I'm guessing the device Lex has is coordinates to the Fortress(guessing this from next weeks preview). And Clark possibly traveling back in time to Krypton to save Kara? I really don't know if I like the sound of that.

I have to say, I'm not too enthused about the time travel... it rarely turns out well on TV... even shows like Trek had serious problems with Time travel... and shows like Terminator:SCC, which are based on time travel have trouble with it.

That being said. If they have to send Clark back in time to save Kara,,, I hope that on the return journey, he becomes lost in time for an episode: Where we can learn the origin of the ancient crystals which built the fortress, as well as have another run in with Dean Cain, only a couple of hundred years earlier. I'd find it infinitely interesting if Savage and Clark had a confrontation in the past, and that Savage had been waiting for him.

I think this was the first episode since I started watching the show that I completely and utterly missed.

But judging by the reactions here, maybe that's not such a bad thing. :dry:

I think this was the first episode since I started watching the show that I completely and utterly missed.

it was one of those episode that if you only tuned in to the last 5 minutes you would get everything you need for the series arc to carry on watching. A bit like Lex's bad ass walk in subterranean

No, you didn't miss much...

I'd recommend if you wanted to see just season story arc stuff to fast forward through the Chimmy scenes and watch only any Clark and Lex scenes.

The last five minutes especially were probably the most key ones...

i wonder what the clock work thing is? seems interesting

That good, huh?

:( :confused:

Or is the episode that bad?

:ninja:

What do you think the "wildfire" part means here? It's a bit confusing.

Jimmy: Look, I'm not trying to start any wildfires here, it's just that...
I've been trying really hard to put the spark back in our relationship and...

Chloe: And you don't think I've been trying? *goes to put on her coat* Look, Jimmy, I just think it's going to take a little bit of time to breathe the embers back to life.

Jimmy: Chloe, we could do a cartwheel through a fountain of gasoline and come out perfectly fine. Are you not feeling us anymore?

Is the meaning

A) I'm not trying to start a war/turn this into a fight, but I've been trying to put the spark back...

or:

B) I'm not trying to turn this into a burning love affair; I've been merely trying to put any kind of spark back to our relationship.

Quick comments would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"