8.14 - Requiem - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well there is easy fixes to the kryptosuit that I and many other people can see, yet they gave up so easily. If I didn't know Lana wasn't on anymore episodes I would expect next episode Clark hunting down for a cure. To me that was a plothole

I'm not sure that's a plot hole, that'll be yet another story thread they drop, but they have to. Kristin's not coming back.

It'll be like Lucas, Lex's other baby brother, that no one ever seems to remember when Lex is talking about never having family....

:rolleyes:

I miss Lucas, and I'm still a bit upset that they let that story drop. I also wish they had brought back Lana's dad or how about Chloe's dad.

The show has a track record of dropping stories that they don't feel like working on anymore, but those do not fit the definition of a plot hole.

I'm not sure that's a plot hole, that'll be yet another story thread they drop, but they have to. Kristin's not coming back.

It'll be like Lucas, Lex's other baby brother, that no one ever seems to remember when Lex is talking about never having family....

:rolleyes:

Fair enough, maybe not a plothole, but it is very questionable writing to leave a gap in the story like that

Fair enough, maybe not a plothole, but it is very questionable writing to leave a gap in the story like that

They may deal with it in off-screenville, so who knows?

*shrug*

Okay, anyone try to explain to someone how to use their computer over the phone before when all they know how to do is turn it on?

:facepalm

I reheallly don't get paid enough to do this job...

Yeah that's what I want to see on a TV show about a Superhero, what makes it worse is he should have been the one to save Kara. Persona was good, Descent while good could have been much better

What the hell is the problem with Clark being saved by another superhero (his cousin), jeez, talking about whining for nothing. :whatever:

Oh, and Descent is one of the best episodes of the last couple of seasons, so tell us what you were expecting exactly... for the rest is obvious this show is not very good with continuity and is not going to get any better with it either.

I think they did give us a wrap-up to Lana's story, but it was in Legion. Imra gave us the closure when she told Lana, and the audience, that Lana does go on to live a productive life helping people and making her own mark in the world.

It was a clever bit of backwards storytelling, really.

What the hell is the problem with Clark being saved by another superhero (his cousin), jeez, talking about whining for nothing.

I personally thought it was bad writing not to have Clark be the one that helps Kara get her memories back(the whole amnesia arc was terrible for starters), instead Clark treats Kara like an idiot in Hero, then Lana and Chloe save the day rescuing her and Kara in return gets Clark out of the cage. I thought it was a terrible episode overall for Clark Kent's character. I also wasn't a big fan of the Veritas Storyline which felt contrived.

Oh, and Descent is one of the best episodes of the last couple of seasons, so tell us what you were expecting exactly... for the rest is obvious this show is not very good with continuity and is not going to get any better with it either.

I always thought Onyx was a better episode showing Evil Lex, but that being said I think Killing off Lionel at the beginning was a big mistake.

They would have been better off to build the whole episode that the Lionel kill was the ending scene and the whole episode explored Lex going insane, the rest of Descent after the credits could have been episode 7X17(I am pretty sure most people would agree we could have lived without Sleeper). Like i said I thought the episode was good but it had way more potential.

Not blaming Holly and Don, but Killing off the Gina character was stupid as well, would have made more sense for her to fill Tess's shoes.

I think they did give us a wrap-up to Lana's story, but it was in Legion. Imra gave us the closure when she told Lana, and the audience, that Lana does go on to live a productive life helping people and making her own mark in the world.

I loved Legion for the most part, having Irma tell us how wonderful Lana was(twice), would be my one strike against it. I am suprised we didn't get a character tel us how wonderful Lana was every episode, although it was Tess' turn in Bulletproof. But since I really don't care much about Lana and I care about Clark, I don't see how Requeim ends the story for him. I would expect Clark to go out and find a cure for what is happening to Lana(and as I point out there is easy solutions). Since they left the ending open I can only come to a few conclusions

1. They both quit and don't really love eachother like they claim at the end
2. Lana gave up and Clark is left on his own
3. They are idiots and think 1 doctors opinion is the be all and end all of what can happen

As I stated many times, the fact there was easy ways to fix the issue, the final scene didn't have to be so melodramaic, which to me is the big issue with the whole Clana storyline throughout the entire run of the show. Alot of times there was easy solutions to fix there stupid issues that wouldn't have been so dramatic, but they(in all reality the writers) went for angsty crap every time making both Lana and Clark look like drama queens.

Last edited:
I miss Lucas, and I'm still a bit upset that they let that story drop. I also wish they had brought back Lana's dad or how about Chloe's dad.

The show has a track record of dropping stories that they don't feel like working on anymore, but those do not fit the definition of a plot hole.

And Lois' dad "The General". Or Lucy for that matter. I liked Lucy(not the episode)and would love to see her back.

And Lois' dad "The General". Or Lucy for that matter. I liked Lucy(not the episode)and would love to see her back.

I'm still crossing my fingers that if SV goes season 9, that those will be resolved, along with Senator Martha Kent... infact, I would find it more interesting if Gen. Lane worked for her, and 2) if she was actively working within the government to keep Clark off the radar... given Lex's invovlement with the government, and their second hand knowledge of kryptonians via Lex.

The more I think about it, the more that Martha's complete absence really bothers me. I don't even need Annette to make an appearance (although, I wouldn't mind) but I wish they'd at least acknowledge Clark still visiting and communicating with her once in a while.

I'm fine with no more mentions of Gabe, or Lucy, or Lucas. I don't find them relevant to Clark at all anymore. But Martha's presence needs to be felt, at least occasionally.

^^ Is just ******ed how PS3 can't even have Clark mention Martha at all, there are no excuses for this. They also wasted a perfect opportunity to mention Chloe's parents, at least her father on "Bride", but no, not even her wedding was good enough of a reason, one would think these hacks don't care about family at all.

The more I think about it, the more that Martha's complete absence really bothers me. I don't even need Annette to make an appearance (although, I wouldn't mind) but I wish they'd at least acknowledge Clark still visiting and communicating with her once in a while.

I'm fine with no more mentions of Gabe, or Lucy, or Lucas. I don't find them relevant to Clark at all anymore. But Martha's presence needs to be felt, at least occasionally.
That's bugged me ever since she left. It gives the impression that she's just another minor little character or plot point that can be dropped by the wayside because it doesn't contribute to the story anymore, which is BS. You're right, she's much more relevant than any of those characters. The only sort-of mentions of her that I can think of from this season are Lois commenting about Ma Kent sending cookies (in Bloodline) and a general statement about his parents in Requiem. She was an important part of the show for the bulk of its run, I'd prefer to have her presence felt, too.

on a really small note, I wish that when she absorbed the k-nite the necklace would have glowed green again. It would have been a nice touch.
That would have been awesome. Yes, I agree! Best way to bookend the story.

What the hell is the problem with Clark being saved by another superhero (his cousin), jeez, talking about whining for nothing. :whatever:
...one would think these hacks don't care about family at all.
:facepalm

^^ Clark being rescued by his cousin Kara is ok, no need to be traumatized by it. :whatever:

And yes, not respecting continuity show how mediocre TPTB are, among a lot of other things like this from Todd Slavkin (executive producer/writer):

“We have a five episode storyline for her that I think gives hope where there was no hope. If you’re a fan of Lana’s I think you’re going to love it, and if you don’t like Lana, ‘cause there are some of these people out there that do, I don’t know why, but they’re out there, I think they’re really going to love the ride that we’re about to take. One thing that was really important is that we give this character the send-off she deserves.”

Thanks to cheers for the info

:dry:

About this Todd Slavkin quote:

Yeah, well, I actually like Lana (unlike what a lot of haters over on kryptonsite seem to think), but I still didn't like that storyline at all.

Sometimes its quotes like this that make it clear that they don't have enough objectivity to really gauge audience reactions ahead of time.

Sometimes its quotes like this that make it clear that they don't have enough objectivity to really gauge audience reactions ahead of time.

I am guessing the interview was done before the episode aired and they just feeding out the general BS they throw out how people will "love what they are doing". I remember reading an interview on TWOP and the guy asked them about Chloe at the DP and they said no but you'll love Clark, Lois and Jimmy there.

It would be nice if an interviewer would actually call them out on the BS, but in the entertainment field if you don't kiss butt and throw softball questions it usually means you don't get interviews(I am looking at you Larry King and Oprah Winfrey)

YEa it sucks most of the parents who been written off the show havent gotten mentioned, the smallville folks have had that problem over the years. Though lois in a few of the episodes last season and this season has made mention to the general as for clark and martha i totally agree i did wish they would make an off comment of her or maybe have clark on the phone and say hey mom how are you doing and we dont even have to hear her on the other line. As for chloe's dad thats the wrost we havent heard a pep of him since season 4.

^^ Clark being rescued by his cousin Kara is ok, no need to be traumatized by it. :whatever:
Um, read your quotes again and think about this statement, "talk about whining for nothing" since that is what I was referring to. You seem to do a LOT of complaining yourself, and then call other people out for doing the exact same thing. I guess I just got tired of it, hence the facepalm.

Martha being mentioned or not mentioned on this show hasn't really bothered me. Would a casual reference to Chloe's father, Clark's mom, or Lex's brother be welcome? Sure, I guess. But their not being in the show hasn't deterred my enjoyment of it. Multi-episode detours, on the other hand...

Martha being mentioned or not mentioned on this show hasn't really bothered me. Would a casual reference to Chloe's father, Clark's mom, or Lex's brother be welcome? Sure, I guess. But their not being in the show hasn't deterred my enjoyment of it. Multi-episode detours, on the other hand...

I agree...

Um, read your quotes again and think about this statement, "talk about whining for nothing" since that is what I was referring to. You seem to do a LOT of complaining yourself, and then call other people out for doing the exact same thing. I guess I just got tired of it, hence the facepalm.

lol, I agree also.

Small stuff like that doesn't effect my love of the show. I would like to see Lucas or hear them mention Martha again, but it doesn't bother me that they don't. The only character that I feel they should keep alive in spirit is Jonathan, just because of the influence he had on Clark while growing up.

Multi-episode detours, while I may not hate them completely, do annoy me at times.

While, I mostly like the episode,I agree with you on the fact that is was chole who got Kara's memories and powers back and not Clark was pretty Crapy Writing, it should have been Clark, However I disagree about Kara and agree with Mikelus, so again Why is it Ok for Green Arrow and Martain Man Hunter to Save Clark's Butt, but not Supergirl, what the Hell?

While, I mostly like the episode,I agree with you on the fact that is was chole who got Kara's memories and powers back and not Clark was pretty Crapy Writing, it should have been Clark,
I have no idea what you're referring to. One of my posts? I haven't discussed Kara in months, and I don't think I've ever commented on her memory loss. :huh:

However I disagree about Kara and agree with Mikelus, so again Why is it Ok for Green Arrow and Martain Man Hunter to Save Clark's Butt, but not Supergirl, what the Hell?
The hell indeed? Show me where I said anything of the sort? Apparently, you BOTH missed the point:

...one would think these hacks don't care about family at all.
Mikelus was whining about the "hacks" who don't care about family, yet the whole previous season was about Clark connecting with his Kryptonian heritage via Kara - his family! The fact that Mikelus called other people out for "whining about nothing" made his post even more ironic. Understand now? Irony? Kara saving Clark - or anybody else for that matter - had NOTHING to do with my reply. C'mon people. :rolleyes:

I've always had that problem, mainly because they act like she's gone and can't be contacted.

It would take Clark mere seconds to super-speed up to Washington to see her. Theoretically, he can see her WHENEVER he wants. There's no way she could be completely out of his life.

yea how hard can it be for them to have some throw away line when he is talking to chloe or lois saying he was just with his mom for a few days or to have him on the phone and say hey mom i hope everything is going well in dc and we wouldnt even need to hear annette's voice.

yea how hard can it be for them to have some throw away line when he is talking to chloe or lois saying he was just with his mom for a few days or to have him on the phone and say hey mom i hope everything is going well in dc and we wouldnt even need to hear annette's voice.

We occasionally saw Lionel speaking with her on the phone, so it's not like they haven't thought about her since she left, but they just don't want to show us Clark talking with her for whatever reason. To be honest it hasn't really bothered me, but what I do think is ridiculous is how they forget about characters like Chloe's dad and even play it like he doesn't exist at all. I really don't get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"