8.21 - Injustice - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Loved the review Trip. I don't know if I would have given it a 5/5....but It was worth a 4-4.5/5 in my opinion.

I agree that the episode was shot and acted very well. I loved the concept of the IJL, even though I wish they had gone further with it. I missed the Shadow Thief's presense also, since he was also supposed to be part of it.

The reason I would have taken some points off was due to them killing off Livewire and Neutron. As a fan of Superman in all forms...both characters make fantastic villians and would have been great to be recurring villains for next season...but alas, appearantly in this universe neither lived long enough to become big time villians.

It's a small gripe though. Either way, like you said, Tom did a fantastic job directing the episode. Great review. :woot:

Good review trip! I actually thought this episode was okay, but I did love some indiviual scenes like last ones between Clark and Oliver and Clark and Tess. I can't wait to see what you thought of the now infamous finale! lol I hope you can make some sense out of that mess!:woot:

Loved the review Trip. I don't know if I would have given it a 5/5....but It was worth a 4-4.5/5 in my opinion.

I agree that the episode was shot and acted very well. I loved the concept of the IJL, even though I wish they had gone further with it. I missed the Shadow Thief's presense also, since he was also supposed to be part of it.

The reason I would have taken some points off was due to them killing off Livewire and Neutron. As a fan of Superman in all forms...both characters make fantastic villians and would have been great to be recurring villains for next season...but alas, appearantly in this universe neither lived long enough to become big time villians.

It's a small gripe though. Either way, like you said, Tom did a fantastic job directing the episode. Great review. :woot:

I didn't know anything about Neutron, so I forgot to mention him alongside Livewire (my mistake, I forgot to look him up), but what was the deal with the Shadow guy? Was he supposed to be in the episode too?

I don't do spoilers and didn't know that, but in any case I probably wouldn't have said a thing if I had. I can only review the episode on what I see as it's aired, but what had you heard about him being in it?

Had the spoilers sounded good?

:confused:

Good review trip! I actually thought this episode was okay, but I did love some indiviual scenes like last ones between Clark and Oliver and Clark and Tess. I can't wait to see what you thought of the now infamous finale! lol I hope you can make some sense out of that mess!:woot:

Thanks!

As for Doomsday, I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.

I agree that it was a bit of a mess, but probably not for the same reasons other people thought so.

I don't think he officially was supposed to be in it, Trip. I just assumed during his first appearance he was going to be a part of her group when she recruited him at the end of the episode.

I was a bit bummed when I found out he wasn't part of it...I wish they had explained why. Something as simple as he couldn't be contained or trusted or something.

I agree with you about Platique...I loved her return and hope we see her and Parasite again. I kind of hope they decide to alter his abilities some...like you said, I wasn't too keen on him being able to keep the abilities permanently.

I don't think he officially was supposed to be in it, Trip. I just assumed during his first appearance he was going to be a part of her group when she recruited him at the end of the episode.

I was a bit bummed when I found out he wasn't part of it...I wish they had explained why. Something as simple as he couldn't be contained or trusted or something.

I agree with you about Platique...I loved her return and hope we see her and Parasite again. I kind of hope they decide to alter his abilities some...like you said, I wasn't too keen on him being able to keep the abilities permanently.

Well, the shadow guy would have been a good addition, but they were kinda guest star top-heavy. Yet, if they were going to be killing guys, then maybe they shoulda killed off someone who wasn't in the comics.

And seriously: I hope they do change Parasite's ability to make it less permanent.

I mean, I can see it now:

*Rudy takes Clark's powers*

Parasite: You're helpless now!

*Clark chuckles indulgently*

Clark: There you go again. You know, I have a cure for that right?

*Clark takes out a lead wrapped piece of rock out of his pocket and millions of fans roll their eyes at Clark having to again deal with Rudy's theft of his powers*

^^ Haha, and Rudy is all like "Oh crap, not again!"

^^ Haha, and Rudy is all like "Oh crap, not again!"

LOL!

:D

Yeah, that'll get real old real quck.

But I guess the only thing he can really do is use the kryptonite against Clark since Oliver using it against him so helpfully let him know what Clark's weakness is.

^^ Yeah if he's smart enough to figure it out. And another thing, in season 7 Kara used her heat vision to destroy the kryptonite, why is Clark never doing the same?

^^ Yeah if he's smart enough to figure it out. And another thing, in season 7 Kara used her heat vision to destroy the kryptonite, why is Clark never doing the same?

I dunno...

Maybe once it gets to that point, he's already too weak to use any powers?

Clark did use his heat vision on green-k once to turn it into black-k in Onyx.

I dunno...

Maybe once it gets to that point, he's already too weak to use any powers?

Clark did use his heat vision on green-k once to turn it into black-k in Onyx.

Yeah I guess you're right, it's just funny that kryptonite affects him differently every time. I mean most times he can still move a little, so why not just crawl away to safety? :oldrazz: And I remember when he created black K, wonder why it didn't explode, maybe Kara is stronger with the heat vision?

I dunno....

Maybe it depends on what Clark wants to do. In Onyx he wasn't trying to destroy the kryptonite, he wanted to transform it into black-k.

In Traveler, Kara was trying to save Clark, but did she actually blow up any kryptonite? I thought she was using her heat vision against electronics controlling the charge to the grid on the walls of Clark's cell, not any on kryptonite itself.

I can't think of any other time she used her heat vision around kryptonite.

Yeah it's been some time since I saw Onyx so you're probably right. But I think it was the season 7 premiere or something, the one with the weather girls? Clark is lying on the ground in an alley or something with a green-K next to him and Kara comes to the rescue and he tells her to stay back so she destroys the green-K.

Yeah it's been some time since I saw Onyx so you're probably right. But I think it was the season 7 premiere or something, the one with the weather girls? Clark is lying on the ground in an alley or something with a green-K next to him and Kara comes to the rescue and he tells her to stay back so she destroys the green-K.

Oh, right...

I remember that.

They just use kryptonite so inconsistantly that it's hard to say what will happen whenever he's exposed to it.

But then again, the comics have changed how Superman reacts to it too. He was actually building up an immunity, wasn't he?

I like the way that Smallville has it, it's just deadly no matter what, just the severity of the exposure that can vary, giving him different problems.

And I thought that from Onyx, he had problems with the black-k similar to green-k, but he wasn't on his knees when Bart held out the black-k to him....

A hunk that big should have had him writhing on the floor in agony.

*shrug*

I haven't read any comics so I wouldn't know about that but I guess in Smallville it's just one of those things we have to deal with, I mean Smallville isn't really the greatest when it comes to continuinity (sp?)

I haven't read any comics so I wouldn't know about that but I guess in Smallville it's just one of those things we have to deal with, I mean Smallville isn't really the greatest when it comes to continuinity (sp?)

I think the effects of green-k and black-k and any other kind of k are going to vary depending on the needs of the story and how they decide to handle the reveal...

It's something they've always has a problem with, so it probably won't change ever.

Oh, well.

Probably won't, but I don't care that much, I still love the show :yay:

another great review trip, i as you know enjoy reading them. You had alot of great insights. I agree i hated that they killed livewire, and nuetron so early in the episode. Hopefully parasite and plastique will return next year with a new injustice league. Cant wait to see what you have to say about "Doomsday". Hows that review going?

another great review trip, i as you know enjoy reading them. You had alot of great insights. I agree i hated that they killed livewire, and nuetron so early in the episode. Hopefully parasite and plastique will return next year with a new injustice league. Cant wait to see what you have to say about "Doomsday". Hows that review going?

I've had a busy day at work and I hadn't slept well last night, saw Angels and Demons I think I had caffeine too late last night on the drive back...

I don't know what to think of that movie, my mother-in-law kept making odd noises during it, so it was distracting. (I think she was bored by it, too long, or maybe she needed to pee since she lit out right after the show was over.)

In any case, I haven't been motivated today... I'll work on it some tonight after I make my daughter some comfort food for dinner. She's home sick and feeling a bit poorly...

Although, watching tonight's Medium will probably eat into my writing time.

*sigh*

Last edited:
ah ok trip i know you got a busy life. I just cant wait to see what you have to say for the finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"