8.21 - Injustice - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Another frustrating end of a Smallville episode. How many more people have to lecture Clark about smashing bad guys? Jesus Christ.

I hope Clark finds Doomsday just as soon as he's done EATING CHLOE

It would be cool if Brainiac had something to do with what happened to Kandor
To me it could either be Eradicator(makes the most sense), Zod(since post ifinitie crisis Zod swore to save Kandor/have revenge on Brainiac), Jor-el (He also is dedicated to finding Kandor), Zor-el(in Smallville he swore he would find a way to save Kandor)
It would be awesome to see Eradicator taking Clark over by the end of season 8. We would probably see Clark in his kryptonian persona again, just like in "Crusade".

Another frustrating end of a Smallville episode. How many more people have to lecture Clark about smashing bad guys? Jesus Christ.

I hope Clark finds Doomsday just as soon as he's done EATING CHLOE

OMG that horrible! :wow: :csad:

but that would totally make Clark actually interesting to me. maybe, i mean if he actually decided to be cool and kill Doomsday.

but i would really be sad for Chloe

oh, while im in this thread....

does anyone know what happened to the Talon? i mean Chloe has lived in it for a while, but when did it close and why?

couldnt she keep it open and make some money.... or lana, seeing as how she is a superhero without a real job now. an income of some sort would be nice...... or even Ollie and Tess. they own what Lex used to, which would be the Talon....

why is it closed? and if its closed, why does Chloe pay that insane light bill and stuff for all the christmas lights around all year long?

as far as I can remember, the Talon is still open. at least she still uses the coffee makers (as seen in Beast)...

I'm indifferent about this episode. It's laughable how Clark can't seem to tell his friends form the imposter. It clearly wasn't Chloe who was running around in the woods.:whatever:

I really like Ollie lately he was really the only plus for me this week. I'm not sure when He and Tess had a falling out:huh: I thoudht they were hot and heavy for awhile. Isn't that why they merged the 2 companies, because they were an item (so to speak)?

Anyway, next week looks to be a typical SV cliffhanger finale.

but that would totally make Clark actually interesting to me. maybe, i mean if he actually decided to be cool and kill Doomsday.

Not just cuz I dislike Chloe, but it might be the one thing that finally motivates Clark to stop dickin around get get on the ball w/ this "hero" thing. He needs to KILL Doomsday.

Again, What is killing Doomsday gonna do besides make him stronger? Have you guys forgotten he's immortal, that the only sensible thing Clark can do is imprison him?:huh: Clark couldn't kill Doomsday if he wanted too and it's obvious that the whole "kill Doomsday" plan won't work.

I agree with you Tempest...I think Clark's idea to get rid of Doomsday and save Bloom is very sound, and quite intellegent. Save the innocent/good side of Bloom and leave the monster in a place where he can't hurt anyone but other criminals.

If someone wanted to muck with the continuum, Clark or the Legion or someone could go back to Faora & Zod's creation of DD and alter his programming s.t. he could only come back from the dead a limited number of times or under certain conditions - a flaw in the programming. After that, he'd stay dead.

If they were to get rid of DD altogether, that would probably mess with the timeline TOO much.

You're definitely not alone in thinking this season has sucked. I've refrained from commenting much and have missed a decent chunk of the season, but the episodes I have seen, I don't see what everyone's been raving about. It's the same show, no continuity between plot points episode to episode, unless they're crappy ideas, like Jimmy being addicted to drugs or the systematic destruction of Chloe throughout the season, why exactly does she care about Davis? This week's Chloe shapeshifter reveal was hilarious, like no one actually knew it wasn't really Chloe right off the bat, Chloe already knows exactly who and what Davis is, but now after running off with him she got scared, yeah right.

I really thought this season started out strong. It felt like a fresh new beginning for Smallville, and I was really happy with it. Then Power and Requiem seemed to derail all of Smallville's momentum. I have to say the dialogue is the worst I've ever seen it at in the series. The extremely preachy philosophical dialogue towards the end of each episode is so corny, overdramatic and unsubtle, I feel if my eyes roll anymore, they are going to roll out of their sockets. I'm really hoping with season 9, they'll finally pull out all the stops and go for broke, but I will say that if they announce intentions for a season 10, I'll probably completely abandon the show.

Again, What is killing Doomsday gonna do besides make him stronger? Have you guys forgotten he's immortal, that the only sensible thing Clark can do is imprison him?:huh: Clark couldn't kill Doomsday if he wanted too and it's obvious that the whole "kill Doomsday" plan won't work.

In the comic world yes, but I'm sure they could find a Smallville way to kill DD.

Problem is though that they already established in Smallville that Doomsday just comes back stronger if you kill him. Same as the comic, you can't kill him the same way twice.

They are just going to send him to the phantom zone in the same... Anticlimactic smallville way they do all of the fights.

Im hoping Doomsday doesn't get sent to the phantom zone so he can just reek havoc next year.

Im hoping Doomsday doesn't get sent to the phantom zone so he can just reek havoc next year.

Same here... I don't know if it will happen though. Even if Clark can separate Davis from DD they will still have to send DD to the PZ.

Same here... I don't know if it will happen though. Even if Clark can separate Davis from DD they will still have to send DD to the PZ.

Yeah, and by sending him in, somehow Zod gets out. Still how is he gonna send him in, if Tess destroyed the Phantom Zone crystal? Is there any other way in?

Yeah, and by sending him in, somehow Zod gets out. Still how is he gonna send him in, if Tess destroyed the Phantom Zone crystal? Is there any other way in?

Oooh.. I forgot about that.

Good point... I wouldn't be surprised if she held onto it just 'cuz. I think any good villain or foil would do that. As long as Clark believes it's gone, that's all that matters...

Overall I thought this episode was laughable. It reminded me of how sorely underused Cassidy has been this season. Her stuff was enjoyable if only because she herself made it enjoyable. Otherwise, the performances and writing were just a straight-shot into a land of a thousand eye-rolls.

I don't understand the appeal of bringing in Livewire and offing her like they did. That poor Plastique girl was just... just terrible.

The end scene, however, was pretty... unexpected and very intriguing. I didn't really expect them to revisit the Kandor idea, but I'm really interested to see where this goes (which we probably won't until next season).

Last edited:
i dont know if doomsday will end up getting sucked into the phantom zone now since the crystal to open a pz portal in the fos is gone thanks to tess.

As for the talon like a poster was asking i belive it is still open for business we just been seeing them use the set in late evening periods or early morning periods before/after it is open-closed. They just been using the ace of clubs/planet sets more.

yea since the show this season been more metroplis based there isnt a need to show the talon being an active business and all that.

Considering Doomsdays abilities, sending it to the Phantom Zone is the most logical and intelligent thing to do. Clark had the right idea.

Stupid Chloe!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"