A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Meltzer has been making problematic comments about women in wrestling for decades so this isn't new. He got a lot of heat recently for how he handled the Michael Elgin story, for example.
But what problematic comments did he make there?

Melzter generally sucks when it comes to talking about social issues.

Also, Chris Jericho has been cast in Kevin Smith's horror anthology Killroy Was Here.

Seth Rollins speaking truth to power
"If we’re not the guys who can main event WrestleMania, then how are we ever gonna be The Rock? How are we gonna be Stone Cold Steve Austin? We can’t hold onto these guys forever. We just can’t."

I really want Joe to win because I feel like time is against him career wise. Dude is 39 and sort of getting injury prone. Not sure how many good years he has left in the business.

AJ has had his run, and I want to see Joe get one.

I hope Joe wins. Even if he only holds the belt until the next PPV it would still be nice to see him get a moment in the sun as champ. AJ doesn't need the belt either right now. AJ is top guy on smackdown with or without the title.

Also Samoa Joe has been cutting promos for months about how he does what he says he will do. Joe continuously losing is going to weaken his credibility as a top heel.

Last edited:
On my PPV predictions, Nakamura is my 100% lock, not Roman Reigns.

I feel like Randy will attack him before the match and Nakamura will pick up the scraps for the win.

I really want Joe to win because I feel like time is against him career wise. Dude is 39 and sort of getting injury prone. Not sure how many good years he has left in the business.

AJ has had his run, and I want to see Joe get one.

I'll tell you guys. There was a time I was a huge mark for TNA and all their fresh young talent. Joe was one of them. In fact, there are times I'd just be banging my head on my keyboard on how insanely they were booking Joe. I always felt TNA wouldn't get out of its own way and would never use Joe to his full potential, and it made me furious.

Whenever it seemed like Joe was going to be the face of the company, TNA would do something stupid to screw it up. Like Kurt Angle or Sting would come in and they would get the spotlight instead, and they generally made no difference at all in terms of buyrates or ratings.

Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett really were the worst company heads. This is why I'm not a Jarret fan at all. He did a terrible job in TNA and he was the worst world champion ever.

If Jim Cornette is going to call Ultimate Warrior the drizzling ****s, then Jarrett was truly the drizzling ****s as a world champion main eventer.
The prblem were running into us the card itself. Every title is on the line this weekend. There's no way they let both major titles change hands. They've been building Lesnar and Reigns a lot more than AJ & Joe. If either of them is changing, it's the Universal. That's not to say Joe can't take it son after, though.

The prblem were running into us the card itself. Every title is on the line this weekend. There's no way they let both major titles change hands. They've been building Lesnar and Reigns a lot more than AJ & Joe. If either of them is changing, it's the Universal. That's not to say Joe can't take it son after, though.

You see this logic makes no sense to me. Why can't it happen? At WrestleMania both world titles were retained.

NXT Takeover is tonight.....anyone excited?

Takeover starts in a half hour, but it's still going to be the usual 2 to 2.5 hours. So it should finish by 9 PM Eastern. Meanwhile Summerslam should finish next Sunday.

What a way to start off Takeover. Another fantastic tag match. :atp:

You see this logic makes no sense to me. Why can't it happen? At WrestleMania both world titles were retained.

That's true. Retention can always happen. It's title changes that don't happen more than a few per card. When was the last time you can remember both top titles changing hands?

The tag match and the Cole/Ricochet match were ****ing awesome.

**** yes!!!! :atp:

NML96rF.jpg

It's nuts in here guys! I'm loving this!!!!

“You got your strong style in my sports entertainment.”

“You got your sports entertainment in my strong style.”

I'm not gonna have a voice for the rest of these barclays shows. Takeover is something else man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"