A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

That match is far and away the best and probably only good thing on that show. They completely overshadow the other wrestlers on the card.
Jericho vs. Styles is decent, though as with typical Vince logic, Styles lost it. Outside of that, 32 is pretty trash. Easily one of the worst Mania's imo.

It's weird though. It feels like since then, there has only really been one really good women's match at Mania. Charlotte and Asuka, which was ultimately spoiled by the ending. The rest of the matches feel hamstrung in one way or another or just failed to produce.

The WrestleMania 35 main event annoys me to no end. That had all the makings of at least being very good but yeah it wasn't as good as I'd expect. I mean I loved Rousey's run in WWE and she delivered good bouts with lesser in-ring performers, especially Nia Jax, I really enjoyed those matches. That Charlotte vs Becky feud was insanely good too. The most I ever got into Charlotte as a character and Becky was just fantastic at the time.

I was actually enjoying myself watching wrestling back at the time. Now, I don't watch anything at the moment. Mox is champion in AEW and I can't even bring myself to watch one episode. I just think wrestling has went so far in the workrate first mentality that it's too far, and I always considered myself more of a workrate guy, but damn, can we get interesting angles more consistently? Needs more ga ga.

The WrestleMania 35 main event annoys me to no end. That had all the makings of at least being very good but yeah it wasn't as good as I'd expect. I mean I loved Rousey's run in WWE and she delivered good bouts with lesser in-ring performers, especially Nia Jax, I really enjoyed those matches. That Charlotte vs Becky feud was insanely good too. The most I ever got into Charlotte as a character and Becky was just fantastic at the time.

I was actually enjoying myself watching wrestling back at the time. Now, I don't watch anything at the moment. Mox is champion in AEW and I can't even bring myself to watch one episode. I just think wrestling has went so far in the workrate first mentality that it's too far, and I always considered myself more of a workrate guy, but damn, can we get interesting angles more consistently? Needs more ga ga.

It needed to be Rousey vs. Lynch. Flair had no place in that match. Booking almost sabotaged Lynch going into that match as well.

LoboMania continues, we've got a good one to start off for you today folks as TL Hopper takes on a man who stalks the environment The Stalker ( poor Barry Windham)

In our second bout we have the Repo Man vs Papa Shango

And for today's Main Event...Mantaur!

Tomorrows bouts will include Uncle Elmer, and The Goon!

Reactions: NDX
Enjoyed the New Jack episode of dark side of the ring.

New Jack is strangely charismatic for a coked filled lunatic.

I am watching the WM 32 women's triple threat. It is so much better then the WM 35 one. Also probably doesn't hurt that the crowd isn't dead from being out there for 7:30 hours beforehand.

Yeah the WM 35 triple threat was awful, and the show being way too ****ing long and the crowd being dead made it worse. They really need to cut down the Mania time. It’s too much.

Yeah the WM 35 triple threat was awful, and the show being way too ****ing long and the crowd being dead made it worse. They really need to cut down the Mania time. It’s too much.

Saturday is reportedly 3 hours 15 minutes and Sunday 3 hours.

Right but that is 6 hours over the course of two days. A lot more manageable and less tiresome to watch.
It’s still going to be a chore to watch; it’s just not the same without spectators. Crowd reactions (can be) half the fun, and if the home house shows (with no audience) clips that I’ve seen so far are any indication, this 6+ hr event is going to be a cringefest!

They should’ve either postponed, or somehow found a way to cater for a smaller in-house audience.

Honestly I hope Goldberg retains the title because if you have Roman take the belt off of anyone else I dont see that going over well with the fans. The best way for this to go over is if he best Goldberg.

It’s still going to be a chore to watch; it’s just not the same without spectators. Crowd reactions (can be) half the fun, and if the home house shows (with no audience) clips that I’ve seen so far are any indication, this 6+ hr event is going to be a cringefest!

They should’ve either postponed, or somehow found a way to cater for a smaller in-house audience.

Oh I agree it’s still going to be tiresome to watch. But less tiresome overall as compared to the normal long ass Mania’s they’ve been putting on for Sunday’s for a while now.

I would’ve been fine with them postponing it honestly. I feel bad if Drew as we all expect is gonna take the title off Brock, and it won’t be the big Mania moment it should be.

Roman is going to fly a drone, armed with a cattle prod, into the PC and take out Billberg that way. Land the drone on his electrified body, get the 3 and celebrate the title win on Zoom. Book it.

If they had to postpone it, when would have been the right date for them to do this?

Roman is going to fly a drone, armed with a cattle prod, into the PC and take out Billberg that way. Land the drone on his electrified body, get the 3 and celebrate the title win on Zoom. Book it.
Vanguard R, I knew you''d come!!!

For me, Mania is only a chore when it sucks. If they all went 10 hours, I'd be cool because I do kind of turn it into a whole day event. If this Mania has matches I enjoy, it won't be chore. But yeah, the lack of the stadium concert style atmosphere will suck.

By the way, I watched NXT last night and really enjoyed it. I loved the women's gauntlet match. I did not realize how good some of those women are. The NXT division is the most stacked in the WWE.

Last edited:

I have to agree to a point. I used to watch all the PPV events at a bar. Was almost like being there. This will be just me and the wrestlers.

Watching the empty arena shows of late have just been horrible. I appreciate that they are still trying to give us a product but it suffers so much from lack of crowd reaction.

I'd rather they have run best of episodes with shoot style interviews and set up promos for when this does end. They could have done a few months easily if they did wrestler spotlights or yearly spotlights. It all just feels forced.

LoboMania continues, we've got a good one to start off for you today folks as TL Hopper takes on a man who stalks the environment The Stalker ( poor Barry Windham)

In our second bout we have the Repo Man vs Papa Shango

And for today's Main Event...Mantaur!

Tomorrows bouts will include Uncle Elmer, and The Goon!

I will never call him TL Hopper, to me he'll always be the Dirty White Boy!

That's right The Dirty Whiteboy Tony Anthony

today's proceedings will start off with @Pink Ranger favorite Uncle Elmer taking on King Kong Bundy

promotional consideration is paid for by the following

Last edited:
If they had to postpone it, when would have been the right date for them to do this?
As a fan of WWE, I’d happily sacrifice other PPV’s for a glorified Wrestlemania.

The question isn’t when would be the right date, but rather, the right time though. Nobody knows how long this epidemic/pandemic is going to last, or how it may worse, let alone when it’ll be safe to get back to normal again.

It wouldn’t be practical, but I’d actually be happy if they postponed all their PPV’s and just had their weekly show schedules, though they’ve got to do something about that silent arena; there’s got to be a way to screen people before entry or something.

Cancel all PPV’s, wait until the the virus has been wiped out, then launch a one time PPV aptly named Corona Crunch or something, and then get everything rolling on as normal.

As a fan of WWE, I’d happily sacrifice other PPV’s for a glorified Wrestlemania.

The question isn’t when would be the right date, but rather, the right time though. Nobody knows how long this epidemic/pandemic is going to last, or how it may worse, let alone when it’ll be safe to get back to normal again.

It wouldn’t be practical, but I’d actually be happy if they postponed all their PPV’s and just had their weekly show schedules, though they’ve got to do something about that silent arena; there’s got to be a way to screen people before entry or something.

Cancel all PPV’s, wait until the the virus has been wiped out, then launch a one time PPV aptly named Corona Crunch or something, and then get everything rolling on as normal.

Agreed plus WWE already has way too many PPV’s during the year. You could really scrap a lot of them because they just are completely unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"