A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Happy to see Asuka win. I enjoy Becky, but if anyone was to take the title off The Man, it should be Asuka.

I looooveeee Asuka!

But I think Charlotte Flair beats all of them. She needs to get cast to play She-Hulk!

I've loved what Becky's done since SS, but I'm outright giddy for Asuka. Hopefully she gets a good run that resembles everything up to last year's Mania and less of pretty much everything after. Good setup to the rumored Mania ME.Almost surprisingly good.

Someone needs to teach Ronda nuance between overly smiley and stone-faced overly angry. It's like flipping a coin.

I've loved what Becky's done since SS, but I'm outright giddy for Asuka. Hopefully she gets a good run that resembles everything up to last year's Mania and less of pretty much everything after. Good setup to the rumored Mania ME.Almost surprisingly good.

Someone needs to teach Ronda nuance between overly smiley and stone-faced overly angry. It's like flipping a coin.
The crowd couldn't even be mad about Becky losing. A lot like Becky, everyone loves Asuka.

tumblr_pjuw7n53sU1s24yedo1_500.gif

Wait, did I just miss a PPV? Holy ****. I seriously had no idea.

Bryan/Styles, Becky/Asuka/Charlotte and Usos/Bar/New Day matches ranged from really good (Tag), to great (Bryan/Styles). Rollins/Ambrose was surprisingly blah. Especially following such a good match in Bryan vs. Styles.

Renee on commentary during Rollins/Ambrose was rather uncomfortable.

Hopefully Asuka gets a proper title reign. And WWE would be fools not to do Becky vs. Ronda at Mania at this point.

This is the first time that I've ever been entertained by Baron Corbin, and all it took was him getting his butt kicked by a bunch of other guys. Also Braun REALLY needs to beat Brock at the RR, it's long overdue.

The Riott Squad deserve so much better than this, it's sad how they're being used now.

Thank goodness Nia lost.

Congrats to R-Truth and Carmella, they're fun.

Bryan vs. AJ was really good as expected.

Ambrose vs. Rollins was, disappointing.

Etc.

All in all, pretty decent show.

Two of the best ever just got upstaged by the ladies in the main event, and that isn't a slight against DB or AJ but credit to the women.

To think it isn't that long ago I used to skip the women's matches, it really is something to give WWE credit for.

Bryan/Styles, Becky/Asuka/Charlotte and Usos/Bar/New Day matches ranged from really good (Tag), to great (Bryan/Styles). Rollins/Ambrose was surprisingly blah. Especially following such a good match in Bryan vs. Styles.

Renee on commentary during Rollins/Ambrose was rather uncomfortable.
I agree. I think her marriage to Ambrose should have been left out of the story. Or, let her run with a heel role. Let her echo Dean's promos. That would be more organic, I think.

Hopefully Asuka gets a proper title reign. And WWE would be fools not to do Becky vs. Ronda at Mania at this point.
See, I thought the Rousey stopping Lynch and Flair together combined with McMahon "shaking things up" is going to lead to Horsewomen vs Horsewomen soon.

See, I thought the Rousey stopping Lynch and Flair together combined with McMahon "shaking things up" is going to lead to Horsewomen vs Horsewomen soon.

If that happens, Sasha and Bayley are going to have to be built up like Charlotte and Becky and I don't know how that is going to happen. The Hug N' Boss Connection are seen right now as jokes while the other two have had a little mean streak in them. In terms of ranking them its:

1. Becky
2. Charlotte
3. Sasha (very distant third)
4. Bayley

I cannot fathom any way as to how Bayley gets a mean streak ala Becky or Charlotte at Survivor Series. When both come out, their reactions are tepid at best.

If that happens, Sasha and Bayley are going to have to be built up like Charlotte and Becky and I don't know how that is going to happen. The Hug N' Boss Connection are seen right now as jokes while the other two have had a little mean streak in them. In terms of ranking them its:

1. Becky
2. Charlotte
3. Sasha (very distant third)
4. Bayley

I cannot fathom any way as to how Bayley gets a mean streak ala Becky or Charlotte at Survivor Series. When both come out, their reactions are tepid at best.
Unless they both attack Rousey tonight, on Raw with seemingly no provocation.

TLC was far better than expected, but had this typical wwe "what the hell are you doing" moments.

205 match is in the kick off but the dumb mixed match is in the main show? What?
The whole idea of giving away number 30 in the royal rumble and to a comedy act...is dumb as hell and shows how little respect the wwe has for their own legacy.

guitar ladder match was crap.

triple threat tag match was solid but needed a gimmick desperatly.
The thing is, those teams are great together and in the ring...the only problem is that they are the only ones since months who fight week after week against each other...it gets boring.

Corbin vs Strowman was solved "better" than expected...but its still dumb.
Now you have either Strowman getting the belt nobody cares...or the guy losing AGAIN against Lesnar.
Both things will not be good.
Corbin gone as GM also doesnt solve anything...the whole match was pointless to begin with.

Tables match was okay but the story was dumb.
Natalya coming to the ring all smiling is such a mess considering how personal this story was supposed to be.

Balor vs Mcintyre wasnt needed at all and hurt Mcintyre who is THIS close from being THE main attraction of Raw.
Pull the god damn trigger with him NOW, before its too late like with Strowman.

Orton vs Mysterio was boring and i cant remember a good chairs match ever.

Rousey continues to show a solid learning curve...she really does better than expected.
This was the best you could do with Jax as opponent.

Bryan vs Styles was fantastic...absolutly great and it felt less like a wwe match and more like a Wrestling match.
To me this had little of the common wwe style in terms of pacing and style...which was so great to watch.
Loving this new Daniel Bryan.

Then Crap of the night.
After weeks of making this feud personal to the point were they even used Reigns to make it more personal....they have a completely normal ic title match...what the hell?
Which dumbass booked this? How? How can you build this up like a vicious fight, just to have a simple title match that would be the same if you switch out both guys?
This is so incredible dumb, as if they suddenly forgot that they had them do a bitter feud.
A standard, normal worked one on one match...how bad at their job are those wwe bookers?

Anyway...Main Event was imo one of the best TLC matches the wwe had.
Fantastic showcase of talent from all three woman.
The finish was fine, would have loved if the three would have "ended" it on their own, but in terms of story, this makes sense and opens the window for many things.

I dont think it means we get the 4 horsewomen match next WM, i think that will come at Survivor Series.
But i can see Charlotte go against Ronda at the Rumble, which Becky wins and then goes to fight Ronda.
Have Becky win and run the Raw division for a while, Ronda takes a break while Sasha and Bayley get built up...and then bring Ronda back with the other 3 for the Survivor Series.

Anyway...the PPV was better than i thought and im fine with most of the results.

The Renee Young thing to me is weird because she just deflects everything and says nothing, they make it sound like their marriage is awful, like Dean just walks around the house fuming and talking to himself and never speaks to Renee at all. He's been beefing with Seth for what, 3 Months now? And she still acts like they've never spoken about it, it's just weird writing for her character. I guess it shouldn't be surprising since Dean doesn't seem to have much of a reason for doing anything he's done since turning heel anyway. The whole interpersonal storyline of the feud has been extremely vague and lacking in depth or reasoning.

That said, I don't get why everyone is so down on the Seth/Dean match, I thought it was good. Not the best match they can have but it was a good match. It seems like if your match isn't fast paced spot fests like an Indie or NXT match that people think it's boring now... This feud isn't over though, they'll have a better match next time.

AJ/Bryan had a very good match as well, but not unlike Seth/Dean, the feud isn't that interesting. There is no real heat between them. And I still think Bryan's eco-heel character is corny. But the matches won't disappoint.

Ronda's moves are starting to look less rehearsed/mechanical, so that's a good thing. They should keep her promos short and NOT sweet, stop smiling, stop trying to sound witty ("Millennial Man" "Avacado Sandwhich" :rolleyes), just short and to the point, she's good when she's mad and doesn't ramble.

Still don't see why everyone is so hyped about Asuka, but I'm completely fine with her winning because it sets up Becky to enter and win the Rumble, and main event Mania against Ronda. Though I'm about 90% sure that's going to end up a Triple-Threat with Charlotte. Sigh... Charlotte is Charlotte, probably the best Women's wrestler ever, but this is Becky's year, it should be Becky/Ronda 1 on 1.

Overall I thought it was a decent PPV and the results work for me, since I want to see Seth and Becky win the Rumbles and leave Mania as Champions.

An observation, cause maybe there's something I don't understand about match stipulations, but it's my understanding that a No DQ match means anything goes, right? Baron Corbin vs Braun Strowman was a no DQ match, rightly stated by Strowman as it allowed the other wrestlers to interfere on Strowman's behalf.

Got that right so far, yeah?

Can someone explain to me then how the match started with Baron Corbin stood in the ring with Heath Slater attempting to count out Braun? How can you initiate a count out during a No DQ match? :eek::rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that the idea was that Baron was hoping that Braun's elbow issues would prevent him from showing up, so it would be more like winning by forfeit. Which it did, but Baron never considered that Braun would find a loophole around that.

Also WWE is kind of inconsistent with the rules anyway. Because they have sometimes had it so that No-DQ means anything goes, but you CAN still be counted out. But other times, no.

And as for why people are so down on Dean vs Seth, the problem is that the match didn't fit the build. It's Triple H vs. Randy Orton, or Triple H vs. Seth, at Mania all over again. You have a bitter personal blood feud, and it's even more so here since Seth and Dean were once close friends, shattered by betrayal and all the bitter angry feelings that go with it. And it's on a gimmick PPV no less, and you do a normal wrestling match with a bunch of boring holds and stalling?

It was the complete WRONG kind of match to have given the buildup. And it didn't help that it was placed horribly on the card (coming right after AJ vs. Daniel Bryan and before the Women's TLC match). Classic "dead spot" right there.

As much as I enjoy NXT, I am glad they didn't sign Brody King or Bandido. Sooner or later, the WWE PC will be over capacity if they are not already.

i always wanted ronda/becky at mania but wwe has made me rethink my stance and sorry i need a triple threat with Charlotte

she has consistently been performer at a high level all year and probably involved in the best womens matches all year

and she was the mvp of the tlc match

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"