ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Inhumans' started by Thread Manager, Aug 31, 2017.

1. UltimatePyro9

UltimatePyro9 Well-Known Member

2. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

For the show? It's probably entirely independent. I don't think the television side will have a series in July ;)

3. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Well...tell us how you really feel Marvel :hehe:

4. Random490

Random490 Well-Known Member

I don't think it was arrogance, I think it was active disinterest. I bet nobody at ABC wanted to do it in the first place. Krypton had the benefit of a creative team striving to make it, Inhumans had the unfortunate of a team mandated to do it.

Yes because Death of Superman, Death of Captain America, Death of Batman, and Death of Wolverine all stuck.

5. eon001

eon001 Well-Known Member

Smh, I'm assuming there being ironic but either way, it's a bit of a sh1++y gesture.

The Inhumans deserve a place in Marvel. A small place far away fro the core heroes maybe, but they still serve a purpose.

I've always liked there non Earth based stories anyway. Give them there own space Game of thrones stories back on the moon or something.

6. ComicBookNerd

ComicBookNerd Well-Known Member

This series had so much potential to be something amazing, but they screwed it up every step of the way. My 2 biggest complaints were the IMAX release & putting it on after Once Upon a Time instead of Agents of Shield. Also, they should’ve had some tie ins with AoS instead of doing their own thing on Hawaii.

7. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

It should've been a movie like originally planned.

8. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

Oh yes. But it'd have been a huge flop which would have placed it as "the red haired stepchild" of the MCU.

I really think they intentionally sank this for whatever reason.

9. ohiostate124

ohiostate124 Well-Known Member

Why would it have been a huge flop?

10. Random490

Yeah, if Marvel Studios was behind it I'm confident it would have been awesome

11. KevTravels

If it was done in a similar fashion, it would have been.

12. ohiostate124

ohiostate124 Well-Known Member

I think Feige has earned more faith than that at this point.

13. KevTravels

Aye, but not for the small screen in this case.

14. Mike Murdock

It wouldn't have been a flop, it just wouldn't have been made. It's frankly far more difficult to make as a movie than a TV show (and the TV show had a lot of hurdles to overcome). I think Feige would have kept punting as long as he could get away with it.

15. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Marvel TV has an inconsistent track record and working on too many shows. Also, you can't really do much with a TV budget. Even with limited eight episodes, theycouldn't do much and resorted to balding Medusa. A literal wtf.

16. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

You think that ABC would have learned about that mini-series strategy after Agent Carter.

They just tried to be too cheap. They probably could not get an IMAX capable terrigenisis cocoon in on a short budget so the easiest visual tie in was dropped. But then the Hawaiian Inhuman mentions it to Black bolt in jail :loco: Would have been so hard to put a human mercenary in a Watchdog mask? It worked for Killmonger later

17. KevTravels

Supposedly they were suppose to have a really large budget for a network tv series. But it never showed on the tv series.

Kinda like on the Netflix series, they have a respectable budget of like 3-3.5 million an episode, but it's eaten so much by filming in New York.

18. Mike Murdock

I don't think the budget was ever announced. I had high hopes are first because there was a claim that it would boost the Hawaiian economy by $80 Million, which I read to mean their budget would be 80 Million.

19. KevTravels

Maybe that's what got me confused initially. Hard to imagine they pocked 80 million from that.

20. Random490

That's an estimate of the boost to the economy which is different from a budget. Sure it includes payments for permits, people being hired. But it also calculates things like cast and crew using Hawaiian services, businesses, restaurants, etc. And things like the show increasing tourism and encouraging other productions to film in Hawaii. It's more about the footprint the show was (optimistically) leave on Hawaii

21. Mike Murdock

Exactly, I had misread it and gotten very excited that this show might have $10 million per episode. I don't know how much it cost and I suspect it was more expensive than it looked given that they built sets from scratch and filmed in Hawaii with IMAX cameras, but there's absolutely no way that's what the budget was.

22. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

What was even the point of filming with IMAX cameras? It looked like cheap garbage.

23. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Vigilante

I think that IMAX theatres themselves wanted some unique content so it was an experiment for them to invest in. So all their money went into the forest hunt for the new Inhuman and everything else went cheaper than the rest of CBTV.

24. Mike Murdock

Because IMAX was paying them to shoot with IMAX so they could air it in an IMAX theater on Labor Day weekend. This show would not have been made without IMAX giving them money.

25. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Even with the most expensive budget in the world, Scott Buck would somehow have still managed to make it look like cheap garbage. He simply lacks any imagination.

In an alternate world, I would be interested to see his take on Avengers: Infinity War.