Agent Carter Agent Carter General Discussion Thread - Part 1

the angle on that poster... I know WHY they do it, but somehow I'm not sure it looks good

Season 2 should end with Peggy being in the position she is at the start of the one shot with what's his name being her new boss. If they have a Season 3 that should be after the one shot.

I suspect the series (not the season) will end with her in that position. My argument is essentially only retcon the date it takes place in.

I feel like they should just ignore the one-shot at this point. The whole "Peggy has to fight against sexism" thing works as a plotline, but you don't want to overdue it. And ending the show with her STILL having to deal with Bradley Whitford's character would be a mistake imo. Just look at the one-shot as, concept footage to sell the show to the network.

Why did they use Madame Masque and thus completely get rid of any potential for an Iron Man: World's Most Wanted film? IMO, better villains for Agent Carter would have been Heinrich Zemo, Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man. I mean, who wouldn't want to see Zemo and Whiplash's ancestors? Instead of enhancing the films, this feels more like it's stealing potential from them.

I can still see ways to use Madame Masque and Doctor Faustus in the present but it'll involve some pretty convoluted explanations.

Faustus would hypnotize people while telling them his life story so that he can live on through other people for multiple generations by making other people believe that they are him and thus carrying on his legacy. He won't so much be a person as much as a sentient meme who would be a parasite of the mind that latches on to host bodies.

The present day Madame Masque would be a clone, since that's actually 100% faithful to the source material when you think about it. Her clone would wind up in the care of Count Nefaria, who would raise her to be his heir. Her break from sanity is not only having her face burned off but also finding out that she isn't Guiletta Nefaria but a clone of Whitney Frost... which is the exact opposite of how it happened in the comics. Oh, and there are other clones as well (which is also present in the comics).

So it's still possible for accurate adaptations of The Death of Captain America and World's Most Wanted. (And the Faustus himself as a sentient meme actually works perfectly with the former story since either Bucky Barnes or Sam Wilson would become the new Captain America and thus become an undying meme as well, albeit not a sentient one.)

Does anyone at Marvel read SHH? If they do, they could easily pick up a few ideas from me. And if they do use my idea, it'll at least give us a Doctor Faustus who LOOKS like his comic counterpart. Christoph Waltz would fit that role like a glove.

Why did they use Madame Masque and thus completely get rid of any potential for an Iron Man: World's Most Wanted film? IMO, better villains for Agent Carter would have been Heinrich Zemo, Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man. I mean, who wouldn't want to see Zemo and Whiplash's ancestors? Instead of enhancing the films, this feels more like it's stealing potential from them.

I can see not wanting to use Hydra and I definitely can see why they wouldn't want to use anyone in a mechanical suit (and I'd argue Vanko at the end of Iron Man 2 was Crimson Dynamo. I'd hold off on making his father a badguy, but he should have a greater role). I just think the logic is that Iron Man villains are fair game because Downey is too expensive for a solo film, but they have to do something that makes sense for the era and for a television budget.

While Zemo the father would be nice (particularly with Civil War coming up), I'd rather he be a WWII villain for Cap, not a post-war guy. If I had a choice for a Hydra member, it would be Madame Hydra. I think she could work quite well in the show. But they'd have to do some hand waving to make it doesn't contradict The Winter Soldier.

The addition of Currie Graham makes it two NYPD Blue actors on the two Marvel ABC shows, because that's where I remember him from.

Someone who works for both shows is likely a fan of the cop drama.

There's been non hint that they'll be an IM 4 for a long while (if ever). So I'd rather that they use a cool villain now in another setting (which could be really interesting to boot) instead of sitting on her for years and years on the chance that they might do another IM down the road.

I can see not wanting to use Hydra and I definitely can see why they wouldn't want to use anyone in a mechanical suit (and I'd argue Vanko at the end of Iron Man 2 was Crimson Dynamo. I'd hold off on making his father a badguy, but he should have a greater role). I just think the logic is that Iron Man villains are fair game because Downey is too expensive for a solo film, but they have to do something that makes sense for the era and for a television budget.

While Zemo the father would be nice (particularly with Civil War coming up), I'd rather he be a WWII villain for Cap, not a post-war guy. If I had a choice for a Hydra member, it would be Madame Hydra. I think she could work quite well in the show. But they'd have to do some hand waving to make it doesn't contradict The Winter Soldier.

Except she's over at Fox. Marvel cannot use Madame Hydra unless they negotiate. Actually, even if Marvel get the FF rights, there are still a lot of characters over with the X-Men who Marvel want but can't use. Like Juggernaut, Taskmaster and all Shi'Ar and Brood characters. Since the FF are more likely to revert and Fox want the X-Men TV rights more, most of these characters are unlikely to either revert or be shared. I can see Fox sharing them if Marvel agree to enter into a deal to create merchandise for Fox's films but that's going to be a long way off.

And Heinrich was also a post war villain who fled to South America after the war. Since Cap wasn't around in the 60s in this timeline, I'd like to see Peggy (or Nick Fury Sr.) be the one to kill him. Possibly have him die in either the 40s and make Helmut his grandson or keep continuity the same as the comics and kill him in the 80s while Helmut watches in horror.

Actually, I'd go so far as to say that there should be yet another spin-off TV show with Nick Fury Sr set in the 1960s with a young Nick Fury Jr set in the 80s where the perspective shifts between them.

I've heard that Madame Hydra is shared - specifically that Fox can't even use the name "Madame Hydra" at all (which is why they used her other name - Viper). I could be wrong, though, if you've heard something otherwise.

BTW, I wonder if it's possible to separate Whitney Frost from Count Nefaria and still leave a film Madame Masque as a possibility?

I've heard that Madame Hydra is shared - specifically that Fox can't even use the name "Madame Hydra" at all (which is why they used her other name - Viper). I could be wrong, though, if you've heard something otherwise.

General consensus is that she's shared, we know there are gray areas with certain characters allowing either studio to make use of them and Viper would certainly seem to fit but I don't believe it's ever been confirmed one way or the other.

If she isn't shared, it's a damn shame. She was a really cool villain until Fox got ahold of her.

BTW, I wonder if it's possible to separate Whitney Frost from Count Nefaria and still leave a film Madame Masque as a possibility?

I don't see why not. She'd be a cool legacy villain.

Good, that means she'll be starstruck by Hollywood.

Also, the casting of Reggie Austin as Jason Wilkes intrigues me the most as Austin is black and the description on the Marvel site says "a quirky yet charismatic scientist who instantly charms Peggy."

I also still want to see the other members of Cap's Howling Commandoes (Gabe Jones, Jim Morita, Falsworth and Dernier) on the show.

Last edited:

It is. Look at how many clones of Whitney are running around in the Marvel U. Doing the same thing in an Iron Man sequel just complicates her origin even if it is true to her character.

At the same time, I still hope that Count Nefaria is still set in the present, particularly if Marvel are serious about Thunderbolts.

Just ordered the Agent Carter Funko pop. Should be here the 16th-21st!!! :D :D :D

I already own it. Along with:

-Rey from the new SW film.
-Nebula from GOTG.
-General Zod from MOS.
-Lagertha from Vikings.

I'm also looking into getting more.

Given that Angie wants to be an actress, was living with Peggy at the end of S1, and she's moving to freaking LA, brining Lindsey back would seem like a no-brainer to me.

I thought they already confirmed when they announced the LA setting that it'd be Angie, Peggy, and Jarvis all moving to LA

I already own it. Along with:

-Rey from the new SW film.
-Nebula from GOTG.
-General Zod from MOS.
-Lagertha from Vikings.

I'm also looking into getting more.

Melinda May came in today at Hot Topic, can't pick it up until tomorrow. I have a few pops, but Only Agent Coulson from the Shield group. I have the Director Coulson and Lola on order at the comic shop

so when does season 2 premiere?

And whenever ABC decides not to renew, does the show have a future on Netflix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"