Agent Carter Agent Carter General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=118086

ABC has ordered the Captain America spin-off "Agent Carter" to series! Starring Hayley Atwell, the drama is based on the One-Shot featured on the Iron Man 3 home release and is described as follows:

It's 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life – Steve Rogers.

Looking forward to this :D

I really hope this has more going for it than just being Agents of SHIELD: 1940s Edition.

Good to have this confirmed, loved the one-shot. Having Atwell back in any capacity is wonderful but actually having her own series is great. I'm just worried that despite the Marvel brand that it might struggle with it being a period set-piece but I'm hoping for the best.

I would love the Howling Commandos to make an appearance.

I would love the Howling Commandos to make an appearance.

Well with Triplett's grandfather being a Howling Commando I think some of them appearing is quite likely, nice way to link Agent Carter with AoS and the movies.

Can't wait to see what kind of cross over they try do with this and AoS

I want the Commando's to be regulars. All of them except Bucky. Not sure how likely or even realistic that is, but I want it. It feels believable that when Peggy took control of SHIELD, the first people she'd have looked for would be Caps mates. Very excited, hope it's 10-13 episodes.

It will be interesting how they handle the HYDRA element and if they can get Toby to be a reoccurring appearance since he was there in the beginning with SHIELD.

so excited. The Marvel Short was great and she was awesome in Captain America. Always hoped it would get a tv series and now its happening :D so great :)

Agent Carter has been confirmed to forego pilot and get's 13 episodes
http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/04/abcs-agents-of-shield-gets-renewed.html

9ca80GI.png

j7mRqdx.jpg

Last edited:
we really need an AC subforum
We'll have to see if the show gets past the first 13. But I agree it deserves it's own section but because It's the beginning of SHIELD it should go here for now. That's why I stickied it

Vartha
I respectfully disagree

None of the netflix stuff is any farther

Anyone have a good picture of her in the red dress

We'll have to see if the show gets past the first 13. But I agree it deserves it's own section but because It's the beginning of SHIELD it should go here for now. That's why I stickied it
If that's the case then all of the netflix series should share one section too. It is not that different.

Yeah. Can't wait until it gets a second season. We didn't even know until yesterday whether Agents of SHIELD would even get a second season. That should've just been a sticky thread all these months then.

Considering that the show was pitched as more of an event series, I don't see why we should have to wait to see if it gets past 13 episodes. Unless something has changed since the producers did an interview some time ago, 13 episodes guarantees that this show has been picked up for a full first season. It's bypassing the pilot stage (the one-shot was essentially the pilot), so this announcement guarantees that this season will be made in full. IIRC, AoS had a forum before it's full first season was guaranteed.

I thought 13 episodes *was* its full season.

That said, I think rules about "only continuing shows" might have to adapt in the face of the new media paradigm Marvel Studios seems to be developing.

I thought 13 episodes *was* its full season.

That said, I think rules about "only continuing shows" might have to adapt in the face of the new media paradigm Marvel Studios seems to be developing.

If we followed an "only continuing shows" rule that doesn't allow for event shows, none of the Netflix shows should have a forums. Right now Agent Carter is guaranteed as many episodes as any of those.

So it's "Marvel's Agent Carter" and not just "Agent Carter"?

They really like sticking their name in there don't they?

Last edited:
And Agents of SHIELD could easily have been axed before its full 22 episode run, or simply not renewed. So it would've been one series, not continuing at all.

Agent Carter has been confirmed to forego pilot and get's 13 episodes

I think the One Shot had a lot to do with them foregoing an official pilot.

Funny how both Marvel TV shows are closely tied to Captain America more than any of the other characters.

This is good news. I love Hayley Atwell as Carter... :hubba

Funny how both Marvel TV shows are closely tied to Captain America more than any of the other characters.

Not surprising. He's the cheapest to do, requiring only stunt work and some minor special effects compared to the all CGI Ironman and Hulk and flashy special effects heavy Thor.

Man...

Agent Carter? Okay. Not as psyched as I was for SHIELD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"