Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S2E1 "Shadows"

Whiskey Tango

Avenger
Reaction score
XNo24Uf.jpg

“Coulson and his team are now wanted fugitives with limited resources–but that’s not stopping them from keeping the world safe from powerful and unseen threats everywhere. However, with new members they hardly know, will S.H.I.E.L.D. ever be trusted again?”​

Guest starring: B.J. Britt as Agent Antoine Triplett, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Henry Simmons as Alphonso “Mack” Mackenzie, Patton Oswalt as Agent Billy Koenig, Lucy Lawless as Isabelle “Izzy” Hartley, Wilmer Calderon as Idaho, Reed Diamond as Daniel Whitehall, Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Brian Patrick Wade as Carl Creel, Matthew Glave as Roger Browning, Simon Kassianides as Sunil Bakshi, George Stephanopoulos as self, Raquel Gardner as Carla Talbot, Ben Turner Nixon as Hydra Officer, Franco Vega as Military Leader, Rich Ceraulo as Soldier #1, and JB Tadena as Private Tilden.

Writer: Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharo
Director: Vincent Misiano
Original Air Date: September 23, 2014

Gallery:
Promo:
Clip:

Erm... Is that a typo or did they just reveal a surprise guest?

Jeez, looks like everybody and their dog is in this episode. And apparently Coulsen masters time travel since Hayley Atwell's Peggy Carter is credited. :woot:

Jeez, looks like everybody and their dog is in this episode. And apparently Coulsen masters time travel since Hayley Atwell's Peggy Carter is credited. :woot:
Flashbacks, archived footage, or I could see him seeking advice from present day Peggy on how to go about rebuilding SHIELD from scratch.

Maybe the opening scene is actually Atwell... Possibly have her a scene of her sat at the desk of SHIELD director... Then have it transition into Coulson sat at his director desk?

Maybe the opening scene is actually Atwell... Possibly have her a scene of her sat at the desk of SHIELD director... Then have it transition into Coulson sat at his director desk?

Oh God, I would die!

Peggy Carter back on my screens in new material in two weeks!!!:hubba

I didn't realise Crusher Creel would be debuting this early in the first episode.

I wonder what Peggy's role will be. A flashback or present day old Peggy? But that would require expensive CGI again if it's the latter. They can't ruin her with cheap old age make up.

It's only a matter of time before they do some Time Travel shenanigans & either Coulson & co goes into the past or Peggy into the future

I don't think they'll do that. I can't think of any real reason to do that

I didn't realise Crusher Creel would be debuting this early in the first episode.

I wonder what Peggy's role will be. A flashback or present day old Peggy? But that would require expensive CGI again if it's the latter. They can't ruin her with cheap old age make up.
HAS to be a Flashback. I mean Phil will be using the same offices they did in the Beginning. It'll probably TEASE us with the upcoming Agent Carter show.

did anyone notice that Talbot is now a general! he got a promotion that mean he is even more of a threat to go after Coulson and his team

Ratings ? But I'd rather them save that for a Cap Movie
Yeah, traveling to the past to ME would mess with any Cap film.
I mean granted the MCU is different from the Comics, I don't think traveling to the past would help any on the show. I can see sending TEXT into the past say via morse code to warn Carter of Hydra infiltration

A big NO to "Time Travel Shenanigans".

Maybe Peggy's in an orientation film for new recruits of the then new S.H.I.E.L.D. and Coulson shows it to the team to inspire them on how to rebuild S.H.I.E.L.D. Something like this:
[YT]UNFDHgjrlK8[/YT]

I missed those episode threads. glad that they are back.
is it to early for a rating thread?

Peggy probably shows up on a film of some sort that Coulson watches for inspiration. Maybe in his quest to rebuild SHIELD, Coulson goes back, watches the film with Peggy and this sets in motion an understanding within Coulson that SHIELD needs to be remolded into a SWORD if it hopes to tackle these new threats in later seasons. Blah, blah comic accuracy, blah, blah.

But yeah, Atwell, video archive, not flashbacks, not time travel, not old Alzheimered Peggy.

The reason for including Atwell likely has more to do with reconnecting fans to her story prior to the Agent Carter miniseries.

I could see it could be flashbacks though. Coulson might say that their new base of operations has a lot of history, and might recount stories he's heard/ read about to some of the agents like Skye about Peggy Carter. Then it might have a cut away/ flashback to an earlier time when the place was occupied by Peggy.

I could see it could be flashbacks though. Coulson might say that their new base of operations has a lot of history, and might recount stories he's heard/ read about to some of the agents like Skye about Peggy Carter. Then it might have a cut away/ flashback to an earlier time when the place was occupied by Peggy.

The flashbacks are confirmed by TV guide.. Dugan and Morita are returning as well in that scene
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-SHEILD-Haley-Atwell-1086753.aspx

The flashbacks are confirmed by TV guide.. Dugan and Morita are returning as well in that scene
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-SHEILD-Haley-Atwell-1086753.aspx

Cool! There's a pic of all three at that link. Nice to see some Howling Commanders back. Dum Dum is less of a surprise than Morita, so I'm glad he wasn't forgotten. I'm surprised we aren't getting a Gabe Jones appearance to tie in to Triplette.

I wonder how long the flashback will be.

In Marvel's description of the episode where they list the credits, they didn't list Dum Dum and Morita. I can understand if it were going to be a surprise, but they showed us the picture not long after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"