Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S2E5 "A Hen in the Wolf House"

Anyone else really liking Skye's dad? He's creepy and unpredictable, but that little thing about cleaning off the desk and 'everyone keeping their heads,' (I think that was what he said) was interesting. Not to mention, his reaction to being called a 'monster.' I think he seems more of an interesting 'bad guy' than the HYDRA head.
Yeah don't think he's a Hydra Head

I believe the obelisk is called "The Divider" from what Skye's dad said.

I think he said "The Diviner," as in it can divine/find out if someone is ___________. (fill in the blank with whatever Raina is).

BTW, a few people have mentioned Skye's dad being Mr. Hyde. I don't see it, at all. Unless Hyde has changed significantly since the origin I'm familiar with, I don't get how people are making that connection. Feel free to clue me in :)

Oh, and welcome to the team, Mockingbird Hunter's ex Huntress Bobbi.

Many of you know that I am one of the harshest critics of this show here at the Hype.

Well...I am man enough to admit that I got darn near misty-eyed near the end of this week's episode. Seeing Mockingbird in action...learning more about the alien connection...realizing that Skye is likely Daisy Johnson and her dad is likely Mister Hyde... and on top of that the show is hitting its stride as an action packed spy show...it was all too much...I'm giddy right now.

Many of you know that I am one of the harshest critics of this show here at the Hype.

Well...I am man enough to admit that I got darn near misty-eyed near the end of this week's episode. Seeing Mockingbird in action...learning more about the alien connection...realizing that Skye is likely Daisy Johnson and her dad is likely Mister Hyde... and on top of that the show is hitting its stride as an action packed spy show...it was all too much...I'm giddy right now.

The show is really turning into something quite satisfying. It is what I hoped it would become: a spy show that explores the Marvel Universe, introducing us to new characters almost weekly.

didn't they orginally say Skye would be revealed to be someone that most people would know? Or am I just making that up? Cause if it's this Daisy/Quake person people have started speculating loudly about, I certainly haven't a clue about her.

Daisy Johnson is fairly known to most people who read Marvel comics nowadays. She's also appeared in the Avengers cartoon prior to the one cashing in on the movies.

didn't they orginally say Skye would be revealed to be someone that most people would know? Or am I just making that up? Cause if it's this Daisy/Quake person people have started speculating loudly about, I certainly haven't a clue about her.

Daisy Johnson

Oh shut up. I don't like you talking like this, you're better as a grump.

I saw AOU then they cut to the next show

Didnt say next week

Ya it did.

Verbatim what it said

"New Marvel's AoS next Tuesday featuring the world broadcast premiere of the new trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron"

Daisy Johnson is fairly known to most people who read Marvel comics nowadays. She's also appeared in the Avengers cartoon prior to the one cashing in on the movies.

I'm not a comic reader, but like i said, I've never heard of her before. I'm pretty well versed in Marvel related games, tv, and animated films, and still haven't heard of her. So maybe she's just more popuar to the average comic readers and not myself.

The wiki link provides a good background on how she could possibly tie into Skye i suppose, but I'll just wait to see where the road of the show leads rather than grasp onto speculation at this point lol.

It's SOLID speculation though. Daisy Johnson is a SHIELD agent who discovers she has powers, and her father is a surgeon who turns into a monster sometimes.

If they aren't Quake/Hyde...then Marvel is intentionally making it appear that they are.

Skye's father told Whitehall the Obelisk is actually called the Diviner.

A search for "The Diviner" and Marvel brings up a connection to the Inhumans.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Silent_War_Vol_1_5

"....a diviner, an Inhuman hacker...."

How about an out of the box idea...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximus_(comics)

Maximus, an Inhuman, was the second son of two of Attilan's top geneticists, Agon, the head of the ruling Council of Geneticists, and Rynda, director of the Prenatal Care Center. Subjected to the DNA-altering Terrigen Mist when he was an infant, Maximus peculiarly showed no outward sign of any mutagenic change. As he matured, he hid his developing psionic powers from the community, but was less successful at disguising his antisocial tendencies.

Could Skye have an Uncle Black Bolt???
:hmm

ONE QUESTION ABOUT THE EPISODE:

My girlfriend was talking and playing a Youtube clip when the show started, so I'm clueless as to what Hydra was doing at that party and how they were able to kill people with that champagne, as well as what their actual goal was that they failed at. A little help?

ONE QUESTION ABOUT THE EPISODE:

My girlfriend was talking and playing a Youtube clip when the show started, so I'm clueless as to what Hydra was doing at that party and how they were able to kill people with that champagne, as well as what their actual goal was that they failed at. A little help?

they were trying to weaponize the oblesk (sp). they have tissue from one of the people that it killed, but weren't able to completely do it.

It's SOLID speculation though. Daisy Johnson is a SHIELD agent who discovers she has powers, and her father is a surgeon who turns into a monster sometimes.

If they aren't Quake/Hyde...then Marvel is intentionally making it appear that they are.

it is pretty solid, but if I'm not mistaken this is like the third or fourth character people have speculated she could be, and most of those were pretty convincing as well lol.

Side note, I'm glad to see you enjoyed the episode. Next week's will be worth it for the AoU trailer alone haha.

it is pretty solid, but if I'm not mistaken this is like the third or fourth character people have speculated she could be, and most of those were pretty convincing as well lol.

Side note, I'm glad to see you enjoyed the episode. Next week's will be worth it for the AoU trailer alone haha.

But one of THE most speculated characters has always been Daisy Johnson. I think the sticking point with her was that she is not an Inhuman. However, that could be changed for the movie/tv-verse. It's pretty clear that she is at least part alien...and while it MIGHT not have anything to do with the Inhumans, it is the Kree messing around with human DNA, so it would be disappointing if they side-stepped a connection just to avoid linking a movie with the show.

I dunno... I'd say its not clear at all whether she's part alien (Inhuman) or not. As Coulson said, that was one theory. There are other possibilities to explain her failure to react to the GH serum, such as natural (or artificial) immunities. I'd say they've definitely been strongly hinting at the possibility, but now that Coulson has come out and openly said it, it feels like that's likely not the case. But I don't know. We'll see what happens.

At any rate, as cliche as it is to say it, this is the best episode yet! :D

I hope the rating goes up but I not sure if mockingbird is a big enough name to attract new fans

Having seen the scenes between Bobbi Morse and Simmons, I feel on tumblr and other fan fiction websites, MockinSimmons could end up as a thing. Anyone see that happening?

By the way...they won't do it...but I would LOVE to see Hellcow actually debut! These in-joke mentions of Man-Thing and Hellcow are such teases. Give me Howard the Duck v Hellcow and DC might as well stop production of Batman v Superman because no one would care about that far less interesting concept.

Having seen the scenes between Bobbi Morse and Simmons, I feel on tumblr and other fan fiction websites, MockinSimmons could end up as a thing. Anyone see that happening?
Just taking a look at the AoS tag on Tumblr, and it would appear that it already is. I feel like this happens with everyone Simmons interacts with. Maybe Elizabeth Henstridge just has chemistry with everyone.

Daaayummm, Hydra is ****ing evil

If Shield knows where the Hydra place is located because Simmons is there, why don't they and the US Military strike it down?

"If they cut off one head, two more shall take it's place"

Better off monitoring and containing a Hydra for a while before taking them down.

We know there are Hydra cells all over the world. Whitehall's cell is just one of many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"