Comics All Others Will Fail Compared to MJ

People who've never met their soulmate would have a reaction like that. I feel sorry for your wife.

So you're not just kidding around. You actually believe that Oprah crap :eek:

Do you think they can really replace MJ? Any woman they give Peter will just be "it's not MJ". So no matter how good of a character they make or bring in, it'll always be "it's not MJ, his wife and soul mate."

No..but they can. But MJ has been put into the essence of what Spider-Man is. That can not be erased,even if Marvel wants it to be.

So you're not just kidding around. You actually believe that Oprah crap :eek:

What I believe about Oprah is she's a liberal nut job. What I believe about soulmates is that there is a God. And God gives you a person that only you where meant to marry.

You're not even married are you?

mb_spidey.jpg

Well there it is, it's been written many times and according to Joe it didn't happen, even though this is physical proof that it did....hmm...:whatever:

What exactly do you expect characters to say in those types of situations, "Well, yeah. I loved her more. But you're here. Wanna make out?"

Thanks. It's a line that's worked for me many, many times in the past.....

not :O

What I believe about Oprah is she's a liberal nut job. What I believe about soulmates is that there is a God. And God gives you a person that only you where meant to marry.

Man, I wish we could keep religion out of Spider-Man Message Boards like they do in Spider-Man comics...

:csad:

Neither are more than half the people on this forum. Nice of you to invalidate their opinions. (Of course, I'm sure you'll allow them if they agree with you.)

Sucks that God is wrong more than 50% of the time. (Yeah, I know. they weren't REALLY soulmates, like what you have. I'm sur they thought so at the time....)

Personally I blame the massive divorce rate on the ready availability of tequila and fat elvis ministers.

They are alluring, I've gotta plan my marriage pretty soon and the fat elvis preacher is definately a deal breaker. I mean I don't want to be with someone the rest of my life that can't find the beauty, romance and poetry in that.

They are alluring, I've gotta plan my marriage pretty soon and the fat elvis preacher is definately a deal breaker. I mean I don't want to be with someone the rest of my life that can't find the beauty, romance and poetry in that.

It's good that your looking at this from ALL the angles. :yay:

It's my cross to bear, vermillion part 2 by slipnot must also be our song. These matters are not debatable.

All I have to say is this, MJ as Spidey's wife is already burned into our memories no matter how much Joey Q thinks he can undo it. I think Avery Brooks said it best on an episode of Deep Space Nine. Something along the lines of, "They exist here, in my mind. You cannot destroy an idea, it's ancient knowledge." Basically, they're going to get back together some way or another. I don't know why he even bothered messing with it to begin with.

And the stories they're telling aren't special ones they could only tell with a single spidey.

And, they'd be better with the marriage, and if in continuity, to boot.

Unfortunately, IF they do bring the marraige back, (if there is a big enough backlash)...it'll only be a matter of time till Joe tries ANOTHER angle to get rid of it. Because his agenda is to rid the marriage, one way or another...not to listen to the fans.

And the stories they're telling aren't special ones they could only tell with a single spidey.

Unfortunately, IF they do bring the marraige back, (if there is a big enough backlash)...it'll only be a matter of time till Joe tries ANOTHER angle to get rid of it. Because his agenda is to rid the marriage, one way or another...not to listen to the fans.

Of course he won't listen to his fans. He ended the marriage in the first place because his sorry fat @$$ can't maintain a healthy relationship of his own so why should a character like Spidey be so lucky. I'll just let the whole world feel my sorry fat @$$ pain and end it all. I should go to Megacon this year and tell his sorry @$$ off.

Of course he won't listen to his fans. He ended the marriage in the first place because his sorry fat @$$ can't maintain a healthy relationship of his own so why should a character like Spidey be so lucky. I'll just let the whole world feel my sorry fat @$$ pain and end it all. I should go to Megacon this year and tell his sorry @$$ off.

Yikes. :wow:

Remember... JQ has to answer to somebody, so it's Marvel Comics Inc. and its owners that decided that a non-married Peter Parker would be better in the long run of the character... which means many years after you and I are long dead in the ground and incapable of purchasing any and all Spidey books.

To farmie & moralD & Captivted... thanks for being able to have a nice debate with me without sounding like an immature noodnik as the aforementioned poster does... with all due respect, I doubt I'd wanna talk to this guy about anything unless I happen to agree with his views.

To farmie & moralD & Captivted... thanks for being able to have a nice debate with me without sounding like an immature noodnik as the aforementioned poster does... with all due respect, I doubt I'd wanna talk to this guy about anything unless I happen to agree with his views.

Give it time :cool:

TMOB: Remember... JQ has to answer to somebody, so it's Marvel Comics Inc. and its owners that decided that a non-married Peter Parker would be better in the long run of the character... which means many years after you and I are long dead in the ground and incapable of purchasing any and all Spidey books.

Well, true.

But, I think Joe would've been better off WAITING with the tinkering to the extent he did, till many of us older ones have died off :cwink: and weren't collecting anymore.

Because, he may very well have hurt the brand prematurely, by ticking off a large tight fan base...STILL collecting LOYALLY.

Regardless, it'll be some time before we see the over ramifications of this.

I would like to see a "regular" spidey title for some of us to collect, that are not in favor of this alternate stuff. That way both camps can be happy.

I fear however, and could see it happening...them (marvel) at some point maybe starting back up another series that was "pre-devil-deal" and with totally unaltered continuity....while continuing this current alternate path too. Which would be good in some ways, yet even more confusing to spidey fans. I dunno, i just feel they've opened a can of worms with this OMD/BND stuff...and it doesn't feel spidey like at all, none of it....but i am cool with those that do like it, and don't have any swear words towards Joe either..lol....i just think he has no handle on this specific character at all, imo.

Man, I wish we could keep religion out of Spider-Man Message Boards like they do in Spider-Man comics...

Yeah, it's in the comics. Ever hear of the devil?...and I'm not talking about Joe Q.:cmad:

Not to mention Peter even praying in one of the more recent story lines to save Aunt May.

Neither are more than half the people on this forum. Nice of you to invalidate their opinions. (Of course, I'm sure you'll allow them if they agree with you.)
Anyone not married doesn't have a valid opinion about marriage or soulmates for that matter. Which is another reason Oprah is a fricken nut bag. So, thanks for wasting my time.

Sucks that God is wrong more than 50% of the time. (Yeah, I know. they weren't REALLY soulmates, like what you have. I'm sur they thought so at the time....)
I don't believe everyone has a soulmate, regardless of what they "thought at the time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"