BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something a lot of people don't seem to understand. You can describe all kinds of cool things and on paper they will sound amazing, but the execution can be lacking. That Superman montage in BvS sounds awe-inspiring on paper, but in the movie it barely works at all. You can show a whole city crying and mourning Superman, but if it isn't set up correctly... who cares?

Exactly.:yay:

Ehhh do it like the comics minus the other leaguers being present, Doomsday wrecks them despite WW putting up a monumental battle against doomsday(this way she makes a great impression on her first introduction) have it be that it reaches a point where the only one that can put this monster down is Superman and then have him and Doomsday beat on each other like never witnessed in a comic book movie before. Have it play like a Rocky fight scene that despite the amount of beating Supes takes he won't back down or stop because he knows his the last thing standing between this monster and humanity and Superman never backs down from overwhelming odds.

And he never did back down he made the sacrifice that only Superman Could!! N Not Batman or Wonder Woman!! And he knew that he was the last thing standing between doomsday and humanity! "This is my world Lois, your My World"

And your 'preferred' doomsday fight scene is not good at all in my opinion! It's a mess of a description and it doesn't work nor make any sense! And if you think that's better to you then more power to you play that in your head!

:smf:

This is something a lot of people don't seem to understand. You can describe all kinds of cool things and on paper they will sound amazing, but the execution can be lacking. That Superman montage in BvS sounds awe-inspiring on paper, but in the movie it barely works at all. You can show a whole city crying and mourning Superman, but if it isn't set up correctly... who cares?

How was it not set up correctly! Please you specifics! Where did it go wrong for you that did not execute this properly? I'm still failing to understand that

I see it executed on screen? Unless I'm dumb and blind

basically "an all out rocky brawl to the death between doomsday and superman is stupid... but lois and superman swimming for a goddamn spear was perfect"

salt the snail.

Did you read the comics?

Yes I have buddy and I understand from the comics point of view!! But from the overall story arc of this entire film I cant see how that would work for the film! I can hear the complainers right now...

"the end fight just felt like a bigger Superman vs Zod Scenario"

"Why didn't you utilize batman against doomsday?"

"So this is the payoff of dawn of Justice (league)? A superman vs doomsday ROCKY style fistfight as some SHH Member said it best?!"

Etc....

Can't please everyone I understand but I personally imo find it hard to utilize that comic fight onto the film fight! I'm just not seeing it. Doesn't mean I'm right or wrong!

Clearly never read a comic in his life, will probably go and wiki a few things and come back spouting them.

I am a comic book reader! Please don't belittle me buddy I don't want to start any fighting on here

Yes I have buddy and I understand from the comics point of view!! But from the overall story arc of this entire film I cant see how that would work for the film! I can hear the complainers right now...

"the end fight just felt like a bigger Superman vs Zod Scenario"

"Why didn't you utilize batman against doomsday?"

"So this is the payoff of dawn of Justice (league)? A superman vs doomsday ROCKY style fistfight as some SHH Member said it best?!"

Etc....

Can't please everyone I understand but I personally imo find it hard to utilize that comic fight onto the film fight! I'm just not seeing it. Doesn't mean I'm right or wrong!

And yet they had a "comic fight" apart from the conclusion of the comic fight.

basically "an all out rocky brawl to the death between doomsday and superman is stupid... but lois and superman swimming for a goddamn spear was perfect"

salt the snail.

Lois and superman swimming for the spear is the compared fight scene....like really that's all of what you got out of in that whole fight scene :loco:

no i just think it would have been better if doomsday didn't look like grawp from harry potter and had a fight like the comics... you know the ones that were way better than this ******** we got. they made doomsday into a freaking giant... get out of here lol

no i just think it would have been better if doomsday didn't look like grawp from harry potter and had a fight like the comics... you know the ones that were way better than this ******** we got. they made doomsday into a freaking giant... get out of here lol

lol yeah he was wayyyyyyyyy too big.

tmias_batman_vs_everyone.jpg

We're gonna need a helluva lot more Martha's to settle this.

Amazing. I see all these happening before another Superman solo

Did Supes and Doomy punch each other in the movie? I don't think they did.

The fact that I have to think whether they did or not is a bad sign.

Wait, yes, DD punched Supes I'm pretty sure. Dunno if Supes did though

i was thinking that too lol ^^^

Or people will defend the film by using the comics. One example:

How does Lex know Bruce is Batman and Clark is Superman?
Because he's the smartest man in the DC universe duh

Why did Batman shoot someone with a gun?
Because he did it in Dark Knight Returns

Where and how did Batman get an armor suit that would have been cool to see him build?
He built it off screen but it looks awesome because it's from Dark Knight Returns.

Who's this guy in the suit (yea I knew it's Flash) warning Batman and why is he here?
Flash is time traveling warning Batman about the future. So cool. Just like in Crisis.

?

:bow::bow::bow:

maybe i was just too flabbergasted at angry Grawp

**** me.
That is not a great fight....
It's so short! Screw you people who told Snyder to tone down on the action from MoS!!!

I'm sure they did. I've only seen the movie once so far, but Supes blocks Doomsday from killing Lex, then punches him (literally my favourite little Superman moment in the whole movie, the way he instantly reacts to save Lex). I'm sure there's a couple when they're outside the monument... I think maybe Supes landed a couple when they were in space... and then during the main part of the fight right before he goes to save Lois, there was a bit...

I definitely wanted more though. The story tends to be **** on these days, but that brawl Supes and Doomsday had in the books is legendary. I really wanted some of those panels recreated and thought for sure Snyder of all people would want to do it.

I'm sure they did. I've only seen the movie once so far, but Supes blocks Doomsday from killing Lex, then punches him (literally my favourite little Superman moment in the whole movie, the way he instantly reacts to save Lex). I'm sure there's a couple when they're outside the monument, and then during the main part of the fight right before he goes to save Lois...

I definitely wanted more though. The story tends to be **** on these days, but that brawl Supes and Doomsday had in the books is legendary. I really wanted some of those frames recreated and thought for sure Snyder of all people would want to do it.

It's tough to remember but I'll take your word for it. And yes, at the very least there should have been some splash page translation. But after Trailer #3 I fully expected that he and the writers missed the whole point of that comic series and would condense it into an I memorable 15 minute action scene.

It's tough to remember but I'll take your word for it. And yes, at the very least there should have been some splash page translation. But after Trailer #3 I fully expected that he and the writers missed the whole point of that comic series and would condense it into an I memorable 15 minute action scene.

I honestly think WW might have done more fighting against Doomsday, but I'm not positive. It's a let down that it's that close, anyway.

But, I still enjoyed WW's bits a lot, and the Heat Vision battle was a cool little addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"