BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I got insulted, complimented, or both :shrug: :o #ouch ;)

I take it you've never been married

Also (unrelated) just finished watching Justice League War (animated movie) and Hellboy (live action). Both so so great in their own ways. If only we could get a JL movie that meshed them both together somehow.

So true, and what was the budget for Antman? $100 mil and change or something? It looked great and was a fantastic movie. Gave us a way better Lex Luthor than we got in BvS :csad:
Darren_Textless_Poster.jpg

*sigh*

Why do this? After experiencing such a steep drop, do they really think that many people will come back for another 30 minutes of footage? The folks who liked it would, but that's about all.

I'd be amazed if they get enough screens to do this anyways. It must be false.
Quite likely. It has Eh Maybe involved in report :D

Why do this? After experiencing such a steep drop, do they really think that many people will come back for another 30 minutes of footage? The folks who liked it would, but that's about all.

I'd be amazed if they get enough screens to do this anyways.

They're not gonna do it. They might have, but not now. Not after that opening weekend. Even if they take half the IMAX screens away from Tarzan to show this for a weekend it won't hit $1 mil. Pointless. Would be pure vanity.

I'm not the biggest fan of this version of BvS, but liked it enough and even disliked it enough that I'd go to another viewing if 30 minutes of extra footage makes a better more cohesive movie.

I'll wait for the Blu-ray. I'm not fond of the theater experience.

I thought I read before that 60% of the OW sales were from pre-order sales. That would be 102 million of the OW take. If half of the people that pre-ordered would go to see an extended cut that would only be worth about 50 million. Not sure they'd put this back in the theater.

I thought I read before that 60% of the OW sales were from pre-order sales. That would be 102 million of the OW take. If half of the people that pre-ordered would go to see an extended cut that would only be worth about 50 million. Not sure they'd put this back in the theater.

"During its 12-week re-release, Avatar: Special Edition grossed an additional $10.74 million in North America"

Yeah. No way in hell BvS makes money from a limited theatrical release of this cut. It's not even #1 in theaters this weekend. There's no demand for this.

Even if the extended cut fills in some story gaps I doubt it will be commercially pleasing.

I say release it in theaters
If you factor in the cost of putting it back into theaters and obtaining the slots, with only a guarantee of maybe 50-75 million on a weekend release... not sure if it is worth it.

If you factor in the cost of putting it back into theaters and obtaining the slots, with only a guarantee of maybe 50-75 million on a weekend release... not sure if it is worth it.

Not my money, I loved it so an additional 30 - 40 minutes would be welcomed especially if it fills in more gaps. If Im WB Im releasing an extended cut on civil wars opening weekend.

Also, as we get closer to Jungle Book and Civil War, people are going to be holding out in order to see the movie.

Not my money, I loved it so an additional 30 - 40 minutes would be welcomed especially if it fills in more gaps. If Im WB Im releasing an extended cut on civil wars opening weekend.

On what screens? You think a studio can just take screens away from another release? BvS will be almost completely out of theaters by the time CW hits.

They would never make $50 mil from it. It's an improbability. This movie didn't even make $25 mil this weekend with all the big boy screens like IMAX. If there was a change the EC could give WB a $50 mil boost they would put it out today.

On what screens? You think a studio can just take screens away from another release? BvS will be almost completely out of theaters by the time CW hits.

Happens all the time on re releases. Theaters by me in maryland re release movies all the time so its not really a big deal. Im not a studio exec so Indont have the particulars of doing it.

Happens all the time on re releases. Theaters by me in maryland re release movies all the time so its not really a big deal. Im not a studio exec so Indont have the particulars of doing it.

That's not how the Force works

They would never make $50 mil from it. It's an improbability. This movie didn't even make $25 mil this weekend with all the big boy screens like IMAX. If there was a change the EC could give WB a $50 mil boost they would put it out today.
I'm agreeing. I'm saying that even if it were to manage the $50 mil, once you factor in the costs to get the slots and replace a new version, it ends up with a much lower bottom line anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"