All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fantastic news, and while it'd be nice to see another female director, he's a great fit for this property. Gives WB three female-driven franchises that they're working on now, Wonder Woman, Gotham City Sirens, and Batgirl, not to mention Suicide Squad, which has two female leads in Waller and Harley Quinn.

Given this news, how long will it be before Marvel announces a firmer commitment to BLACK WIDOW?

Cue whining about more Batman characters.

Last edited:
Hahahaha.

Keep announcing all these movies.
An a lot of these movies are not even necessary. The only movie in the DC lineup I want to see is Flash. I am a huge fan of the character, I don't like his armor suit but I still plan to see it. I don't care about A freakin Gotham Sirens, Batgirl, SS2.

They are focused on building Gotham and side characters. Where is the Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern solos?

Nightwing
Man of Steel 2
The Batman
Booster Gold
Black Adam 1/2
Shazam
Cyborg
Green Lantern Corps
Justice League 2
Justice League Dark
Lobo
Deadshot
Suicide Squad 2
Gotham City Sirens
Flash
Batgirl

Not including sequels to WW and Aquaman.

An a lot of these movies are not even necessary. The only movie in the DC lineup I want to see is Flash.I am a huge fan of the character, I don't like his armor suit but I still plan to see it. I don't care about A freakin Gotham Sirens, Batgirl, SS2.

They are focused on building Gotham and side characters. Where is the Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern solos?

This

Given this news, how long will it be before Marvel announces a firmer commitment to BLACK WIDOW?
Marvel will be 4 phases in a Black Widow movie would be pointless. It would have only worked for phase 1 or 2. It should have been about Budapest since her and Hawkeye continued to talk about it in Avengers 1. Now that time has passed it wouldn't matter.

There is still talk about a Black Widow movie after Infinity War.

And outside of GOTG 3 which Gunn said was going to be made and Spider-Man 2 which Sony is probably calling Marvel not stop about, Marvel can go anywhere and they can just go to semi isolated movies.

Last edited:
Nightwing
Man of Steel 2
The Batman
Booster Gold
Black Adam 1/2
Shazam
Cyborg
Green Lantern Corps
Justice League 2
Justice League Dark
Lobo
Deadshot
Suicide Squad 2
Gotham City Sirens
Flash

Batgirl

Not including sequels to WW and Aquaman.

Will believe it when cameras start rolling.

Huh, interesting. Well Whedon is a great choice for a Batgirl movie. Especially if it's someone like Stephanie Brown (it probably won't be, but a guy can dream).

I guess it's one of the benefits of making Batman so old. It's not hard to say that he's had protégé's before (Gordon even hinted at it in the JL trailer in fact).

As for them being "necessary," I couldn't care less. As long as they're enjoyable, go for it I say.

Marvel will be 4 phases in a Black Widow movie would be pointless. It would have only worked for phase 1 or 2. It should have been about Budapest since her and Hawkeye continued to talk about it in Avengers 1. Now that time has passed it wouldn't matter.

A film about a retired secret agent forced back into action to protect her family and confront the sins of her past, starring one of the most popular actresses on earth? It would matter.

Oh, another Batman movie... :funny:

The Batman
Batgirl
Sirens
Nightwing
SS2

Seeing as Nightwing and Batgirl are some of the more recent movies to announce, it really does seem like a BEU.

Oh and here's a pity MOS2 for you.

The Batman
Batgirl
Sirens
Nightwing
SS2

Seeing as Nightwing and Batgirl are some of the more recent movies to announce, it really does seem like a BEU.

Oh and here's a pity MOS2 for you.

Flash late as always

There is still talk about a Black Widow movie after Infinity War.

And outside of GOTG 3 which Gunn said was going to be made and Spider-Man 2 which Sony is probably calling Marvel not stop about, Marvel can go anywhere and they can just go to semi isolated movies.
I expect Dr.Strange to get a sequel, Black Panther possibly unless it bombs, and Ms.Marvel.

That is 5.

I expect them to have 1-2 new heroes since they tend to do that. We don't know what happens after IWs so going small scale in phase 4 is possible.

An a lot of these movies are not even necessary. The only movie in the DC lineup I want to see is Flash. I am a huge fan of the character, I don't like his armor suit but I still plan to see it. I don't care about A freakin Gotham Sirens, Batgirl, SS2.

Since when is entertainment and adaption "necessary"?

Guess what? WB doesn't only make movies for your tastes. I fyou don't like Batman stuff, you don't have to watch it.

The GREEN LANTERN movie was already announced, and is in development, just like this one will be.

They don't seem to have plans for Martian Manhunter, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up eventually.

Any course correction from WB has to come from creative. That they are hiring good creative now is only a good thing. If these movies start to deliver, will make the choice of Snyder even more glaring. But at least we'd start getting really good movies. :woot:

Damn, this some (much needed) exciting news. Whedon is a killer choice for a Batgirl film, and a Batgirl film is a smart move.

Now if you'll just find a strong director for the Flash, please.

Since when is entertainment and adaption "necessary"?

Guess what? WB doesn't only make movies for your tastes. I fyou don't like Batman stuff, you don't have to watch it.

The GREEN LANTERN movie was already announced, and is in development, just like this one will be.

They don't seem to have plans for Martian Manhunter, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up eventually.
Of course they don't make them just for me, but look at the list. WB plans to make a Lobo movie...really? Black Adams and Shazam come on. Those are chances that can be taken if the universe was throwing out quality made movies for years.

Oh, another Batman movie... :funny:

Batgirl isn't Batman. Give the woman some credit. A female led film for a character who's never had one is a plus no matter what way one looks at it. Given that Affleck may not do more than one solo Batman film with Justice League appearances, having his Bat family, which has always been a major draw and staple for the character, to fill in the blanks seems like a natural development with inherent appeal. It even makes sense with a Nightwing movie, because Barbara and Dick are one of DC's major romantic pairings. I'm a little torn on Joss Whedon, and I'd prefer a woman involved in the creative process, but generally I think it's wonderful news.

While I am excited about this, this is exactly why Cyborg became a feature character in Flash. Because this is the way they are headed.

Batgirl isn't Batman. Give the woman some credit. A female led film for a character who's never had one is a plus no matter what way one looks at it. Given that Affleck may not do more than one solo Batman film with Justice League appearances, having his Bat family, which has always been a major draw and staple for the character, to fill in the blanks seems like a natural development with inherent appeal. It even makes sense with a Nightwing movie, because Barbara and Dick are one of DC's major romantic pairings. I'm a little torn on Joss Whedon, and I'd prefer a woman involved in the creative process, but generally I think it's wonderful news.

Her alias is 'Bat' so she's obviously Batman :whatever:

If Supergirl, Superboy, Superwoman appear in DCEU itll be 'mocked' as SCEU.

Her alias is 'Bat' so she's obviously Batman :whatever:

If Supergirl, Superboy, Superwoman appear in DCEU itll be 'mocked' as SCEU.
This clearly misses the point. We are seeing movies announced for predominately Batman characters. If Supeboy, Supergirl and Superwoman all had their own movies in conjunction it would make it the Superman and Batman universe.

Lets just call this what it is, this franchise is a Batman one that just happens to have other DC characters in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"