All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patty should be directing only WW films. Unless they come to her with JL2, I think she'll stay in her lane.

oh man, I didn't mean it like that lol

If it were up to me, she'd direct JL2, the next superman and any/all WW movies considering how much I enjoyed WW.

Mckay on Nightwing film....

Here's what McKay had to say about how he plans to handle Nightwing's overdue big screen debut:

"It’s gonna be a [frick]ing badass action movie with a lot of heart and emotion. It’s gonna be a crazy, fun ride. Whoever gets cast as Nightwing, and any of the other actors around, are gonna go through a [frick]ing boot camp experience because it’s gonna be a lot. I’m not gonna do a lot of CG. It’s gonna be all real ****. It’s gonna be real stuntwork, and they’re gonna need to do all of the stuff on camera and do it credibly. For the cast and the crew, it’s gonna be a visceral experience, and for the audience. It’s not gonna be like a lot of these movies where there’s a lot of CG and flying, and things like that. Everything he does is gonna have to be real. His superpower is being really [frick]ing good, as a human being, at fighting and gymnastics and **** like that, so you’re gonna see that on screen. It’s gonna be fun!"

Mckay on Nightwing film....

Here's what McKay had to say about how he plans to handle Nightwing's overdue big screen debut:

"It’s gonna be a [frick]ing badass action movie with a lot of heart and emotion. It’s gonna be a crazy, fun ride. Whoever gets cast as Nightwing, and any of the other actors around, are gonna go through a [frick]ing boot camp experience because it’s gonna be a lot. I’m not gonna do a lot of CG. It’s gonna be all real ****. It’s gonna be real stuntwork, and they’re gonna need to do all of the stuff on camera and do it credibly. For the cast and the crew, it’s gonna be a visceral experience, and for the audience. It’s not gonna be like a lot of these movies where there’s a lot of CG and flying, and things like that. Everything he does is gonna have to be real. His superpower is being really [frick]ing good, as a human being, at fighting and gymnastics and **** like that, so you’re gonna see that on screen. It’s gonna be fun!"

Can't find a single word in there I don't like! Okay Batman, looks like the bar's being set...

So basically they're going to have to cast a real circus performer.

Looking at the cover of the Entertainment Weekly Fall TV Preview, I think that Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhardt could make a very nice Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon. And if McKay and Whedon were to put a little Nightwing/Batgirl romance in their respective films, teen 'Bughead' fans might flock to see 'Batgirl' and 'Nightwing' in almost 'Titanic'/'Twilight' type numbers.
I also think Sprouse and Reinhardt are both good, charismatic young actors capable of carrying a film.
Just a thought

So more info on how Deathstroke was gonna be used in Affleck's script:

https://heroichollywood.com/batman-ben-affleck-script/

In his Periscope chat, he said that Batman would have been struggling to hold his own against Deathstroke, with the villain playing games as the two battled it out:

“Sources tell me it’s inspired by The Game, where Deathstroke is setting up all these traps and beating the crap out of (Batman).”

How much of that original script still exists is currently unknown, as new director Matt Reeves has confirmed that the project would be starting over with a completely new story.

That sounds pretty damn good to be fair. But I haven't seen a Matt Reeves movie that has disappointed me yet so I am sure he will give us something great.

David Ayer tweeted this
DJ4iPy6V4AAXRmD.jpg

That's a nice image. I wish we'd seen a bit more of that in Suicide Squad.

New Vulture article, http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/dc-w..._campaign=vulture&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

biggest takeaway is that it seems like there is a big emphasis on a looser continuity between movies

This new approach already has a test case, and, by any measure, it was a successful one: Wonder Woman outearned every other movie this summer while scoring a 92 percent on Rotten Tomatoes — higher than nearly every Marvel movie. And one of the keys, as Nelson and her execs saw it, was the fact that it more or less told the viewer to ignore the rest of the universe and just focus on what was in front of them. There was a tiny nod to Batman v Superman, but that was it. “The movie’s not about another movie,” says Johns. “Some of the movies do connect the characters together, like Justice League. But, like with Aquaman” — one of their next efforts, out in 2018 — “our goal is not to connect Aquaman to every movie.” As Nelson puts it, “Moving forward, you’ll see the DC movie universe being a universe, but one that comes from the heart of the filmmaker who’s creating them.”

Interesting article.

One of the centerpieces of this new, decentralized strategy is an as-yet-unnamed side label of occasional movies that are completely separate from everything else, set entirely outside the cinematic universe. Total stand-alones based on good ideas from big-name filmmakers. Movies that are just movies, not components of a larger piece of clockwork. The first one they’re talking about is a solo outing about supervillain the Joker, set to be directed and co-written by The Hangover and War Dogs alumnus Todd Phillips. Johns says they’ll be announcing the name of of this side label “soon-ish.”

Still don't like the idea of this (bolded) though. Unconnected stand-alones may work, but I don't like the idea of using characters that are already appearing in the DCEU.

At least WB is learning one proper lesson from the MCU. There is no reason for strict continuity outside of team-up films.

To be honest, maybe there'll be a second JL movie and maybe there won't, but I'll be happy with well-done solos and occasional team-ups (in varying combinations/pairings).

I cannot say how thrilling it is. It's simply unpredictable.
Everyday I wake up and check the news to see the last confusing "decision" DC/Warner just took. Or not.

At least WB is learning one proper lesson from the MCU. There is no reason for strict continuity outside of team-up films.

Everything in the MCU is connected, and they haven't exactly been subtle about it since 2008.

Jared Leto's message for people who didn't enjoy his performance as Joker.

“Was I focused when doing all of these scenes? Of course. You’re stepping into big shoes. Look. You work the way you work. I work the way I work. You can kiss my ass if you don’t like it. I’m talking to the public. You know.”

http://www.screengeek.net/2017/09/3...s-my-ass-to-anyone-who-doesnt-like-his-joker/

Never saw the film, but I saw the few scenes he had and didn't care for his performance. He should respect opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"