All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically Thanos is gonna be the villain in Avengers 3 which could come out in 2018. No idea when Darkseid will be used by WB in JL or any other subsequent Superman movie.

The villain in Avengers 2 is Ultron, not Thanos (the movie is called Age of Ultron).

Yeah, so Thanos is likely to appear in TA3, which is then, more than ever, in direct competition with JL which comes after Superman-Batman. If Darkseid appears in the first Justice League movie, that is.

Avengers 3: The Thanos Imperative or Avengers 3: The Infinity Gauntlet. Darkseid could appear before then (theoretically)

So I was just reading through Kingdom Come when I came across Norman McKay talking to Superman and giving him a heart to heart talk about choices. It kind of reminded me of the priest played by Coburn Goss talking to Clark giving him a similar heart to heart talk as well. I know that they are not the same character, but I certainly think it seemed a little interesting there and a really obscure homage(maybe).

Thoughts?

I loved the part were Clark tells the priest that he is who Zod is looking for and the priest gulps and is scared out of his mind for the rest of the scene, but was tryin to keep it together. My audience found that scene to be really funny.

CosmicBookNews is reporting that screen tests for the role of Batman have already begun, with Tyler Hoechlin....

tyler-hoechlin-rumored-new-batman.jpg

.... As one of those up for the role.

Also, they report that the movie will have more than 1 villain including Lex Luthor. The second villain is assumed to be The Joker.

The description of the plot states that:

"The sequel is set a year after Man of Steel, and the world is still getting used to having this powerful god on the planet who isn't fully trusted by everybody. Batman certainly doesn't trust Superman. Superman doesn't trust Batman; either of which causes the two to clash when they initially meet. They do however pair up to defeat the villains (not 100% confirmed who the villains are). COULD be Luthor and Joker, but only a select few really know that. Luthor is definitely in the sequel and he doesn't like Superman, believing him a threat to the planet."

Last edited:
Sounds about right to me. I don't know if they'll use the Joker already (Ledger is still fresh in people's mind).

That's the most general and safest rumors I've ever heard. The only possible big news is the inclusion of The Joker and something tells me he was only mentioned because he's Batman's #1 villain.

I'd rather they use someone like Hush or Deadshot (Lex is fine though).

I wouldn't mind either of the thtee, but they're probably just guessing.

I've wanted to see Hush in a movie ever since I read Paul Dini's Heart of Hush story (it convinced me that Hush was a great villain). Deadshot is just cool. Riddler would be interesting as an actual mastermind/genius (not Jim Carrey), maybe someone like Damien Lewis.

I've wanted to see Hush in a movie ever since I read Paul Dini's Heart of Hush story (it convinced me that Hush was a great villain). Deadshot is just cool. Riddler would be interesting as an actual mastermind/genius (not Jim Carrey), maybe someone like Damien Lewis.

I always thought the way Riddler was portrayed in the Arkham games was the best incarnation. An outside force trolling and messing with Batman from a distance.

lol, what does Wonder Woman say to all this?

I could kick both of your asses, Amazon's rule.

I think Deathstroke could work as well, especially since he's a mercenary for hire and if Lex thinks that Batman is a problem, he could hire Slade Wilson to take out Batman while Lex probably creates something like Metallo to take on Superman.

That could work. Lex, Slade, and Metallo (three villains just like the report says, I like it). Can we please get Manu Bennett to play Slade though, he is AWESOME on Arrow?

That could work. Lex, Slade, and Metallo (three villains just like the report says, I like it). Can we please get Manu Bennett to play Slade though, he is AWESOME on Arrow?

Oh yeah; I've seen him there as well. He's definitely a person that makes me look towards seeing more of the island flashbacks.

If we can't get Manu, then I think someone like Viggo Mortensen would/could also work for Slade Wilson as well.

Metallo could be created from the parts that Zod left behind regarding his armor that Lex recovered at the construction site.

Ultimately, I'd have Lex be a powerful threat and yet at the same time, hint that he's not exactly working alone at the end, and that he has powerful partners as well...this could get Superman and Batman to consider that they need to organize a group of heroes in order to combat against this newer threat.

And a certain dark god is lurking in the shadows just waiting for his moment to strike.

Lex as the mastermind with DeathStroke and Deadshot for Bats and either Bizzaro(there could be some of that Birthing Chamber tech laying around) or Parasite. I actually would love a Parasite that is a threat unconnected to Luthor. More an example of tthe threat random metahumans can be in a DCCU. Have him be a menace in the background, almost like a serial killer that's in that's in the news but unrelated to the main plot, then we find out what kind of threat he really is.

Someone like Killer Croc or Clayface could work the same way for Batman (random villains not connected to main plot).

I think metallo would work beautifully in the next film, they could tie him to Bruce's parent's death (or atleast lex could make it seem so) like superman/batman#1 by Jeph Loeb not to mention that John Corben would make a great physical match for both superman and batman, where he could fight superman toe to toe using LexCorp's latest battle armor (reverse engineered from the armor that Zod dumped in that building site) code named metal-0 (like Grant Morrison's run on Action comics) and he could also go toe to toe with batman especially if they portray him as the cold blooded sergeant we saw in superman secret origins (of which Goyer is a fan).
Lastly I think Jason Statham would make a "killer" metallo/john Corben.

I'm not familiar with Darkseid so what exactly are the similarities between him and Thanos (aside from appearance)?

It's not like they are planning to use Black Mask. :funny:

I want Metallo in the film, but DO NOT tie him to the Wayne's murder. Batman works better when it was a random thug that killed the Wayne's because it shows that Gotham is so corrupt and crime-ridden that a common criminal could kill it's most prominent citizens, and that is why Batman is needed. Having a supervillain kill them negates that (I hated when Burton did it as well). I agree with the rest of your post though.

I want Metallo in the film, but DO NOT tie him to the Wayne's murder. Batman works better when it was a random thug that killed the Wayne's because it shows that Gotham is so corrupt and crime-ridden that a common criminal could kill it's most prominent citizens, and that is why Batman is needed. Having a supervillain kill them negates that (I hated when Burton did it as well). I agree with the rest of your post though.

Why would that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"