All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there going to be a directors cut of Man of Steel, Snyder does director's cuts!

That image, Superman, it's time for your prostate exam, the kryptonite will help with the examination (sorry, I couldn't help myself).

Batman does seem to be the top in that relationship. :o

That image, Superman, it's time for your prostate exam, the kryptonite will help with the examination (sorry, I couldn't help myself).

Batman does seem to be the top in that relationship. :o

Sad-Leonardo-Dicaprio-Golden-Globe-Awards.gif

Or maybe they can integrate Batman/Bruce in a way that actually compliments the ideas and themes that were brought up in MOS?

And for those of you who say "Yeah, sure, but not with SNYDER/GOYER in charge, yuck yuck"? Well seeing as how this is was only announced 2 DAYS AGO let's bring down the smugness and wait until we see something, ANYTHING of the actual film.

Well actually I was just going to respond with by saying that it's rather difficult to imagine them being able to do that considering that Batman is no mere guest star and that his presence alone can cause an issue.

This feels more like the "Days of Future Past" installment to the MOS franchise instead of being a proper MOS 2.

Needing him to stop and tell each and every one of us how he is feeling at the moment or it means we will think he doesn't care anymore is pandering.

Yes, that would be. But that's not even remotely what I'm asking for.

My point proven at last. In case you missed it I said Zod made his verbal threats about the innocent humans and superman reacted. You would have been proud.

Zod tossed superman through 8 buildings at one point, the only buildings they went through that may have had people(don't know), the buildings didn't go down.
When superman came out the other end, he was floating and seemingly inert. You'll just have to revisit it.

Ah yes, the end fight.
-Starts off in an empty crater,
-moves to an empty building that collapses,
-empty parking garage, empy oil tanker,
-side of a building cracked, all with angry faced superman(not one smile for what that's worth).
-Then abandoned construction building,
-then superman punches the man through the air,
-then zod tosses him through buildings unconfirmed kills(about half as much as the unconfirmed kills caused by the aliens in avengers),
-superman out cold,
-fight ends up in space,
-zod bring it back down,
-satellite debris(no different than the plane debris in Returns),
-train station no kills on impact,
-and you know the rest.

Feel free to correct me, but I ask again, which part are you referring to? Superman not crying over damage he cause is not the same as him not crying over deaths he directly causes.

I'm not talking about him stopping and crying. I'm talking about a reaction shot of a look of horror on his face. I'm talking about one line of dialogue where he expresses concern for civilians during the fight. I'm talking about at least making an attempt to take the fight out of the city. Little things. Not pandering, not holding the audiences hand, just little things to maintain the human element of the story.

He makes an attempt to stop Zod, very commendable. The Jaegers don't make an attempt to move the battles outside of the city once the Kaiju are in the city, they attempt to stop them....that's kinda all they can do at that point.

Different scenarios. The size and speed of the characters involved alone make it different. Plus, Pacific Rim is a world that's grown accustomed to such events as a result of a twelve year long war, with routine evacuation procedures in major costal cities and soldiers who might be a little more jaded and pragmatic after over a decade of fighting. In Man of Steel this is first contact, and Superman's first time out.

And superman actually does make one valid attempt if you watch carefully. Funny enough, he fails, shocker.

I don't recall that.

They don't knock over any sky scrappers with people inside:o

How do you know that? They knocked over skyscrapers. We had no reason to assume there weren't people in them.

Now you must be playing games.
They earned the right to make jokes because some of them tried to rescue a group of citizens....
I expect alot from you but not this level of selective raging. So superman could have made any number of insensitive, inconsiderate jokes in the middle of "911 times a thousand" as some people put it, if only he was also trying to save lives(cause btw, he wasn't trying to save lives he other goals)
I just don't think you are being consistent here.

I'm being completely consistent. There's nothing selective about by reasoning here. There's nothing wrong with characters making jokes to relieve tension for themselves in tense situations if they're also aware of, reverent towards, and actively trying to stem loss of human life. Which they were. How is that inconsistent or selective?

Not when they are empty.

Which we have no reason to believe they were.

But sure yes, and I would argue that superman had one and was actively acting upon said reaction, you are arguing that he didn't.

I'm arguing that he seemed completely unfazed and unconcerned about the destruction around him and it made him and the movie seem cold.

That wasn't a question but thanks for elaborating.
There was no scene in which people were dying by the thousands and superman wasn't reacting. The scene you are maybe referring to is when the world engine is destroying a city block and superman is doing the impossible. Other than that, I don't remember their fight causing thousands of deaths.

Skyscrapers that almost certainly had people inside of them imploded.

More like...
sb1.jpg

Would'nt it be a kick in the head if Snyder actually delivers a film with little antagonism between the two and their relationship is far closer to the "Hello old friend" Pre-Crisis days, just to mess with our heads?:doh:

Needing him to stop and tell each and every one of us how he is feeling at the moment or it means we will think he doesn't care anymore is pandering.

My point proven at last. In case you missed it I said Zod made his verbal threats about the innocent humans and superman reacted. You would have been proud.

Zod tossed superman through 8 buildings at one point, the only buildings they went through that may have had people(don't know), the buildings didn't go down.
When superman came out the other end, he was floating and seemingly inert. You'll just have to revisit it.

Ah yes, the end fight.
-Starts off in an empty crater,
-moves to an empty building that collapses,
-empty parking garage, empy oil tanker,
-side of a building cracked, all with angry faced superman(not one smile for what that's worth).
-Then abandoned construction building,
-then superman punches the man through the air,
-then zod tosses him through buildings unconfirmed kills(about half as much as the unconfirmed kills caused by the aliens in avengers),
-superman out cold,
-fight ends up in space,
-zod bring it back down,
-satellite debris(no different than the plane debris in Returns),
-train station no kills on impact,
-and you know the rest.

Feel free to correct me, but I ask again, which part are you referring to? Superman not crying over damage he cause is not the same as him not crying over deaths he directly causes.

He makes an attempt to stop Zod, very commendable. The Jaegers don't make an attempt to move the battles outside of the city once the Kaiju are in the city, they attempt to stop them....that's kinda all they can do at that point. And superman actually does make one valid attempt if you watch carefully. Funny enough, he fails, shocker.

They don't knock over any sky scrappers with people inside:o

Now you must be playing games.
They earned the right to make jokes because some of them tried to rescue a group of citizens....
I expect alot from you but not this level of selective raging. So superman could have made any number of insensitive, inconsiderate jokes in the middle of "911 times a thousand" as some people put it, if only he was also trying to save lives(cause btw, he wasn't trying to save lives he other goals)
I just don't think you are being consistent here.

We saw an alien dictator turn on a tarraforming gravity beam in a fictional city 12 years ago:huh:

Buildings do down in earthquakes all the time...don't see people getting over sensitive about movies that tread that ground lightly.

Not when they are empty.
But sure yes, and I would argue that superman had one and was actively acting upon said reaction, you are arguing that he didn't.

That wasn't a question but thanks for elaborating.
There was no scene in which people were dying by the thousands and superman wasn't reacting. The scene you are maybe referring to is when the world engine is destroying a city block and superman is doing the impossible. Other than that, I don't remember their fight causing thousands of deaths.

You know what, man? This whole argument is going nowhere. Post your rebuttal to the last thing I posted and I'll read it, but I probably won't respond to it.

If you don't like being called out on your opinions Question, you shouldn't be so dismissive of others.

If you don't like being called out on your opinions Question, you shouldn't be so dismissive of others.

Yeah, because that's totally the reason that I want to end the argument, and not because we've gotten to the point where we're just going around and around and repeating the same arguments and it's going absolutely nowhere and people including myself are getting kind of sick of it.

Oh wait, no, I was being sarcastic. It is because we've gotten to the point where we're just going around and around and repeating the same arguments and it's going absolutely nowhere and people including myself are getting kind of sick of it and not the thing that you said.

Seriously, the argument I'm having with Marvin is gaining no ground in either direction. Continuing with it is just becoming a chore. I just figured I'd tell him I'm dropping out instead of being a dick and just vanishing.

Last edited:
Seriously, the argument I'm having with Marvin is gaining no ground in either direction. Continuing with it is just becoming a chore. I just figured I'd tell him I'm dropping out instead of being a dick and just vanishing.

Yeah, I've done that a couple of times recently :up:

I love discussion, but there gets a point where a poster is just literally breaking down your arguement in order to pick it apart and undermine any part that they can.

And a lot of the time they are doing it by twisting it, and you end up so far away from your original point.

Besides, after the first few huge posts, no one is bothering to read what either of you have to say, because it becomes pointless to anyone but yourselves.

Sometimes you just gotta bow out, knowing that some people are always gonna think it's because you've 'lost' the debate, and not recognise what your actually doing.

Last edited:
Most people don't make such a big deal about bowing out.
just saying agree to disagree is what I usually encounter.

Reverse the image with Batman doing that to Superman. I'm not even joking.

It's going to happen too. Prepare for jimmies to be rustled.

Or maybe they'll pull the old Superman is actually wearing the Batman suit to fool the enemy gag?

I'd love to see a scene like that and have batman get up very slowly with the realization of how hard superman could've really hit him.

Reverse the image with Batman doing that to Superman. I'm not even joking.

It's going to happen too. Prepare for jimmies to be rustled.
probably because if mos superman punches batman he'd be dead lol

if a single gut punch to a fellow kryptonian wearing battle armor sent him flying into a car

what will it do to a mere mortal in hockey pads:oldrazz:

probably because if mos superman punches batman he'd be dead lol

if a single gut punch to a fellow kryptonian wearing battle armor sent him flying into a car

what will it do to a mere mortal in hockey pads:oldrazz:
Except it's Batman. The most illogical things tend to happen when Batman is involved.

I love the character to death but to say he doesn't get this weird immortality clause would be nothing other than denial.

They'll be a moment in there (if not several) where Batman gets away with stuff like that. :funny:

I'd love to see a scene like that and have batman get up very slowly with the realization of how hard superman could've really hit him.

Starlin wrote that correct in DEATH IN THE FAMILY. The days before Bat-God people. When a guy that practices yoga and martial arts COULD NOT physically affect a being who can survive an atomic explosion. :yay:

If they want to show batman as badass and how he can hold his own weight, instead of putting him against superman they need to show how much of an impact he can have as a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"