All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer was okay. Kinda bummed we didn't see Ares.

Same here. On the positive side I don't have to scroll through dozens of "they've shown too much" complaints in this thread. There's that at least.

Interesting approach with the lasso, by the way... it doesn't have the loop like an actual lasso, but wraps itself almost as it is alive.

I think it 'looks' like that because of weird use of sudden slow motion when the lasso is about to wrap around that soldier's legs. The film is in 'normal speed' and suddenly it's in slo-mo, which causes lasso's action look fake.

In hindsight I really wish we hadn't gotten those 3 teasers. that was a good 1/3 of the trailer and because I'd seen most of it already the day before, the actual trailer was underwhelming as a result

I think it 'looks' like that because of weird use of sudden slow motion when the lasso is about to wrap around that soldier's legs. The film is in 'normal speed' and suddenly it's in slo-mo, which causes lasso's action look fake.

Ah, you mean it having snake-like qualities, heh... there is that. But otherwise, no matter how skillfully one uses it, I don't think it could wrap around someone's leg and grip it tightly like that. I like the approach, it makes it clear that it has magical properties.

Anyway, new thread... there was a new trailer... you guys know what to do with the first page. Good night and joy be with you all.

Be glad they didn't show Ares folks, remember how pissed off folks were when Doomsday was revealed via a trailer?

I say don't show him at all in the marketing and save him for the actual film.

Why? She's so wooden and emotionless...

I can just see it as something people will overlay a funny caption on and post to instagram that's all. not sure what that comment on her acting range was about

Im glad they didnt show Ares, they are obviously trying to mislead the main audience into thinking who the big bad is.

I just watched it and I don't see any "wooden acting". That seems to be the new buzz word style phrase.

I loved the trailer and an glad we didn't see Ares.

I can just see it as something people will overlay a funny caption on and post to instagram that's all. not sure what that comment on her acting range was about

Some people have to be negative cause its like cool as nd edgy ;)

(See also: Collider)

@GothamBat

tumblr_inline_omolm73IsO1qi6z1k_540.gif

@GothamBat

tumblr_inline_omolm73IsO1qi6z1k_540.gif

bahaha. tell me that's not meme material :woot: also is it weird that she's more attractive than usual in that one shot (to me at least). maybe it's the fact that it's not the kind of flattering emoting that lends itself to looking good and she still looks super good. this is what I do at 5:30am I dwell on Gal's cuteness for way too long

The amount of slow-motion we've seen is a bit concerning. I'm really not a fan.

Be glad they didn't show Ares folks, remember how pissed off folks were when Doomsday was revealed via a trailer?

I say don't show him at all in the marketing and save him for the actual film.

I think what people were more pissed about was showing Bats and Supes teaming up against Doomsday when the movie is called Batman v Superman.

I don't think showing WW's antagonists in the trailers should piss people off as I don't feel it's undercutting anything.

I mean it probably still would piss a lot of fanboys off, but I don't think that matters as much as selling the movie to the general audience, and showing a visually spectacular foe for WW would surely help that imo.

she's also looking pretty damn good anatomically. I know she's not ripped or anything but those biceps and deltoids are looking pretty spot on for WW if you ask me

bahaha. tell me that's not meme material :woot: also is it weird that she's more attractive than usual in that one shot (to me at least). maybe it's the fact that it's not the kind of flattering emoting that lends itself to looking good and she still looks super good. this is what I do at 5:30am I dwell on Gal's cuteness for way too long

:up:
I got a thing for fitness models and her arms in that motion really got me sweating.

I think what people were more pissed about was showing Bats and Supes teaming up against Doomsday when the movie is called Batman v Superman.

I don't think showing WW's antagonists in the trailers should piss people off as I don't feel it's undercutting anything.

I mean it probably still would piss a lot of fanboys off, but I don't think that matters as much as selling the movie to the general audience, and showing a visually spectacular foe for WW would surely help that imo.
I'd be fine with seeing Ares, as long as his final version doesn't look anything like his human self. Because I want the reveal of who Ares actually is to be a secret, as it will be a big reveal in the movie.

The amount of slow-motion we've seen is a bit concerning. I'm really not a fan.

the reports coming out of those test screenings did say there was a bit of an over-reliance on slow mo. that being said, with a trailer, they put in a lot of action money-shots in quick succession so I don't think it'll stand out as much in the actual movie where the ratio of action to everything else will be a lot different

I do really dig them amazon accents. lol

Robin Wright can still get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi