All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the negative uphill battle Snyder faces, especially with the critics. We have also gotten to the point where unnamed, unverifiable sources can literally say anything and the people treat it as fact. They said the same things about Wonder Woman too. If JL is a success, they'll give credit to Whedon. If it's deemed a failure, all the blame with go on Snyder.

You can only give an artists so many chances before you stop believing they can deliver something that works for you. If JL is a failure, yes, unfortunately for Snyder he's going to cop it even if he has been held on a leash, but you can't say he didn't play a major part in generating the negative build up.

It's the battle literally every film faces. Look good, get a good team, appeal to audiences. JL has failed to do that for me. WW at least had a different creative team so even if the trailers didn't sell us (I liked them), there were still unknown variables that could suggest a different outcome. JL just LOOKS like more of the same, and gives us no reason to expect differently, considering it's made by all the same people who made the stuff we didn't like.

As for Whedon, he's coming in so late in the game it's still a Zack Snyder film, good or bad.
Yeah but I read somewhere even if he did finish JL, he said you wouldn't be able to tell he DID anything.

Personally I'm excited for JL, Have been since the announcement. :D

You act as if the film is entitled to my money for no other reason than existing.
No I don't. I said if it's all too much it's probably best you don't see the film. The film is at an automatic disadvantage with people like you that it's almost impossible for you to be impartial about it. Writing the film off many months before it has even been released is proof of that.

No I don't. I said if it's all too much it's probably best you don't see the film. The film is at an automatic disadvantage with people like you that it's almost impossible for you to be impartial about it. Writing the film off many months before it has even been released is proof of that.

If people find there's track record of poor creative choices you can't expect them to give the benefit of the doubt to the same creative team when they do something new.

I stand by everything I've said - but it's probably best the discussion moves back to Wonder Woman. Apologies. :cwink:

I'll say this after 2 viewings, I could care less about Diana interacting with Bruce or Barry or whoever. I just want a WW sequel.

Yep. Bring on The Cheetah.

Is there going to be a MOS2? Or GL? What about a Cyborg film? Is that still on the cards?

WB might be better off putting WW2 into one of those slots. I could see it coming before we get Cyborg or even Green Lantern.

That's a good question. I think after this movie gets the success it deserves we should at least get a GL movie. I would put MOS2 ahead of a standalone cyborg movie in terms of what I would expect. I wish DCEU did go the route of MCU and put the standalone films ahead of of the team up. It worked VERY well for WW. I thought it worked well for MOS but I could see why the GA did not receive with the same appreciation that I did.

Pretty much NO ONE is going into that film impartial, because it's featuring pre-existing characters, that everyone has opinions about one way or another. And it's a sequel to movies that everyone has opinions about one way or another. I know you like the DCEU, therefore you are already pre-disposed to liking its latest installment from the same creative team. That's how these things work. That doesn't mean you definitely will like it, and it doesn't mean I definitely won't like it. It's just what's likely. And I base what I go see on whether or not I think it's likely I will enjoy it. And if reviews suggest it may be worth my time and money after all, I'll give a shot and be as open-minded as possible. But you are right - I haven't liked this creative team's take on these characters and this universe thus far, so the odds are that I will continue to dislike it.

Last edited:
Thread titles will show you where spoilers are allowed. :up:

Right, but I would have expected [NO SPOILERS] or [TAG SPOILERS]. The review thread has that. This one is just labeled Open Discussion.

But maybe that is normal, I haven't been following these threads after a movie's release lately.

I seem to remember the forum having spoiler-free and "spoilers allowed" threads at one point.

Last edited:
They could always go the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman Steve route lol.
I haven't seen Lynda's WW in YEARS. All I remember of that Steve was he was her contact. lol

I can see a couple things happen,
I can see the explosion knocking him into the future, OR a Steve Present Day being Related to him, like Sharon Carter to Peggy Carter for Cap.

That's a good question. I think after this movie gets the success it deserves we should at least get a GL movie. I would put MOS2 ahead of a standalone cyborg movie in terms of what I would expect. I wish DCEU did go the route of MCU and put the standalone films ahead of of the team up. It worked VERY well for WW. I thought it worked well for MOS but I could see why the GA did not receive with the same appreciation that I did.

I don't know why WB would reason that after the success of this movie we should get Green Lantern. They already made a GL movie before and that was a flop. It seems more likely that after the success of WW they would want WW2. That would be more the priority. Why would the public, who have enjoyed WW, suddenly want to see GL when it's WW they want more of?

I could see WW2 taking precedence even over MOS2. If there is MOS2, they might even want to put WW in there to give him a boost and teach him the meaning of true heroism.

A John Stewart GL would be kick butt
I don't know why WB would reason that after the success of this movie we should get Green Lantern. They already made a GL movie before and that was a flop. It seems more likely that after the success of WW they would want WW2. That would be more the priority. Why would the public, who have enjoyed WW, suddenly want to see GL when it's WW they want more of?

I could see WW2 taking precedence even over MOS2. If there is MOS2, they might even want to put WW in there to give him a boost and teach him the meaning of true heroism.

I haven't seen Lynda's WW in YEARS. All I remember of that Steve was he was her contact. lol

I can see a couple things happen,
I can see the explosion knocking him into the future, OR a Steve Present Day being Related to him, like Sharon Carter to Peggy Carter for Cap.

lol well S2 jumps from WWII to "present day" and Diana returns from Themiscrya and ends up meeting Steve Trevor jr.

I guess a new WW tv series is out of the question because of film rights, but could they use some version of WW in the Arrowverse TV?

I'll say this after 2 viewings, I could care less about Diana interacting with Bruce or Barry or whoever. I just want a WW sequel.

Yep. Bring on The Cheetah.
heh I want another already too, but honestly, I DO want to see her interact with the rest of JL. ESPECIALLY Aquaman.

For a sequel set in modern times, I would love for them to do an adaptation of Greg Rucka's Hikiteia and or something akin to his ongoing series 10 years ago.

The film had its problems, but it ultimately found the mark. I'm just glad Wonder Woman is finally getting her turn in the spotlight.

Jesus all the mods being marvel stans here. It makes sense now.

giphy.gif

And regardless of whether the sequel is set in the past or present, I sincerely hope we're not done with Themyscira. I can't imagine them using villains like Circe, Cheetah, or Giganta without it.

And regardless of whether the sequel is set in the past or present, I sincerely hope we're not done with Themyscira. I can't imagine them using villains like Circe, Cheetah, or Giganta without it.

If she goes back to Themyscira it would explain

where she was during WWII. In this movie she didn't even know that WWI was going on until Steve Trevor told her. If she's sheltered in Themyscira, she won't know of the existence of another world war.

They should set the sequel in Themyscira as it's a magical place and looked so much more picturesque than other locations in the film.

Considering the Amazons are in JL, I think WW2 will deal with the fallout from that. I think Apokolyps invasion is going to have a big effect on Themyscira.

If she goes back to Themyscira it would explain

where she was during WWII. In this movie she didn't even know that WWI was going on until Steve Trevor told her. If she's sheltered in Themyscira, she won't know of the existence of another world war.
That's a very good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"