All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I consider TDK a better film overall as well, I did get more emotional with TDKR. It built upon what came before for that, so it was not a standalone achievement.

This. TDK is better than both BB and TDKR, but I ENJOY re-watching the other two more than TDK.

Just came back from the theater guys.....I can't believe what I just saw. It was wonderful. I'm in awe. I really really loved it. That's all I can really say for now, I can't find any more words to describe it. Gotta absorb it and let it sink in more. Definitely giving this a second viewing, maybe more.

Good for you man. Can't wait to see this.

If only we could see these two meet on screen and duke it out with each other....

tumblr_oq68znDO741ua38p5o3_540.gif

tumblr_oq68znDO741ua38p5o2_540.gif

Damn, this CGI Diana bothers the hell out of me...

WW has had my favourite posters for any recent CBM.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Seems pretty flawless to me.

The noticeable CGI (from trailers) is where she breaks into the warehouse (?) and fights the Germans. You can see her CGI face if you pause during some of these shots.

Other than that, the CGI overall looks pretty great to me.

Flawless - when you can't tell the difference. It's far from flawless.

I don't mind the CG especially when Studios have to choose from 2nd rate CG companies since Disney owns the top ones.

Man those rotten reviews are so embarrasing, seriously. And it's even worse when you check their profiles (Fifty Shades, GITS good scores Lol). I wish they would at least try...

Man those rotten reviews are so embarrasing, seriously. And it's even worse when you check their profiles (Fifty Shades, GITS good scores Lol). I wish they would at least try...

People are allowed to have their opinions, let them be. Not like the movie is a 10/10 across the board. Let's just enjoy that DC has finally given us an awesome WW movie, let alone a finally great DCEU movie.

For all those who have seen it (and don't give spoilers in your answers) could all the hype, good reviews and high RT score raise your expectations too much for this movie that it could never live up to those expectations? Is it possible to actually be disappointed that it's not as good as has been made out?

If WW does well, I hope a sequel is fast tracked so we don't have to wait years for it come out. They definitely don't want to lose the momentum like Star Trek 09 did.

Maybe WW will have cameo appearances in other movies too if she becomes the face of the DCEU. Could we see her popping up in Aquaman, Batgirl or the Flash? Or Cyborg even? That one needs all the help it can get. They should just scrap that movie anyway and use its slot for something else. I'm not so keen to see a WW/Cyborg movie. I'd rather see her teamed up with someone more interesting. But if there is a sequel to MOS, maybe that might need WW to give it a boost.

The sequel to Iron Man was fast tracked, that didn't work out so well.
No need to fast track anything.
I hope that they take their time and just make another great movie.

I think Wonder Woman will end up with about 85% give or take.

The sequel to Iron Man was fast tracked, that didn't work out so well.
No need to fast track anything.
I hope that they take their time and just make another great movie.

Yeah, but they don't want to take too much of their time. Look what happened with the loss of momentum from Star Trek 09 to Star Trek Into Darkness with the four year gap.

This 7th rotten review is actually for Baywatch. RT needs to fix that s**t.

How can one post a rotten review for Baywatch and it affects WW's score? How is that allowed? That means anyone can start posting for other films and lowering the score.

Such a lovely film. My group of friends loved it, and everyone at the theatre applauded at the end. I can't remember seeing such a positive hero in a long time, yet a female hero. She embodies everything we traditionally consider feminine, and also kicks ass like no one else. This is so rare, and beautiful.

This Wonder Woman is going to inspire generations. Unfortunately, her perfect portrayal makes it even more blatantly obvious how dislikeable our current iteration of Sulkerman is.

She's positive because of her privilege -- the privilege she has as an outsider and someone raised as a special princess. White people and men often have a more positive outlook on the world compared to people of color and women, because they have grown up in a world where they felt secure. That isn't to say I dislike having that kind of idealism portrayed, but I do think it's unfair to compare her mindset to people like Superman who grew up knowing the world and who went further than Diana by putting himself in front of the human race as a public figure under public scrutiny.

What about her was uniquely feminine other than physically? I notice that you bash Superman for sulking, which is just a derogatory spin on his being sensitive, pensive, and emotional, which are supposedly more feminine traits. It's fascinating how it's empowering and acceptable for a female hero to be both strong and vulnerable, but if a male hero shows vulnerability, it's scoffed at and derided.

Most of the criticism I've seen for the movie is that the CGI isn't implemented well, and the third act being a little wonky (which is pretty standard for most superhero films).

I'm not looking forward to the "Everything is CGI" climax, but everything else sounds great to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"