All Things Wonder Woman: An Open Discussion - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
There doesn't seem to be anything going on with this movie anymore. Has filming stopped now?

Patty Jenkins hasn't directed a movie since 2003's Monster. However Monster got good critic reviews, and won Charlize Theron an Oscar. She almost got the Thor 2 gig, but split due to creative differences. She's done TV episodes since Monster, like Entourage/Arrested Devolpment/The Killing and a few others. Jason Fuch's is what's got people worried. He was behind the last Ice Age movie, and Pan. Although rumor has it his original script for Pan was much better than what the Director brought to life.

Thank you for the info! much appreciated! Hopefully everything works out well and we have a wonder woman movie that is universally praised

Nothing is universally praised. There will be people who don't like the same things you do. You can't change that.

13126865_1729007370710322_829228527_n.jpg

"According to imbd Orana will be in the Wonder Woman movie, she will be played by Mayling Ng. Orana was an Amazon who challenged and defeated Princess Diana for the title of Wonder Woman in WW issue #250."

:sly:

separator.gif
13126865_1729007370710322_829228527_n.jpg
"According to imbd Orana will be in the Wonder Woman movie, she will be played by Mayling Ng. Orana was an Amazon who challenged and defeated Princess Diana for the title of Wonder Woman in WW issue #250."

:sly:

Orana is a pretty obscure character. If I remember correctly they killed her off and later introduced Artemis, who is heavily based on her. So she's pretty much a proto-Artemis. Version 0.9. :hehe:

That's Aleka :argh:

Nah, Artemis was inspired by Orana. Aleka was probably inspired by Artemis. Round and round we go...

Here's about the character:

http://wonder-woman.wikia.com/wiki/Orana

So, Orana does lose the contest, but Olympic gods overruled the decision that Diana is a victor later. Her being in the film makes me think there will be the contest and that Orana will be Diana's last opponent.

Nah, Aleka is Artemis mother who will be introduced in Rebirth :o

Nothing is universally praised. There will be people who don't like the same things you do. You can't change that.

Films like Tdk, Iron man and cap3 are some of the eg. of universally praised film.

Universally praised doesn't mean every single person on earth likes it.its means a huge majority of audience like it and praised it

They're going to confirm this being wrapped already...?

They're going to confirm this being wrapped already...?

No. due to reception of BvS in media and fans, WB will not release or confirm anything related to DC movies anytime soon.

I'm talking about a tweet that they wrapped it, like they did with BvS and SS, not a big announcement. I don't see how "we just finished filming WW" could be turned into something bad.

I'm talking about a tweet that they wrapped it, like they did with BvS and SS, not a big announcement. I don't see how "we just finished filming WW" could be turned into something bad.

Well, if they make such an announcement and then there is further filming later for whatever reason, there would be big hype about RESHOOTS BECAUSE WB NEEDS TO FIX WW MOVIE!

David Ayer tweeted and posted group pics of film wrap online, and when they decided to go for re-shoots, online news sites and fans started attacking him about changing the tone of the movie just to make it more like Marvel by adding jokes.

Even after denying that rumor, the negativity still persists. The "mood" right now is against DC, and whelmingly pro-Disney and Pro-Marvel, confirming wrap-up now and then if they also go for some re shoots will be disastrous, I doubt WW crew want to face all that now.

Edit: jfurioso beat me to it.

Well, if they make such an announcement and then there is further filming later for whatever reason, there would be big hype about RESHOOTS BECAUSE WB NEEDS TO FIX WW MOVIE!

David Ayer tweeted and posted group pics of film wrap online, and when they decided to go for re-shoots, online news sites and fans started attacking him about changing the tone of the movie just to make it more like Marvel by adding jokes.

Even after denying that rumor, the negativity still persists. The "mood" right now is against DC, and whelmingly pro-Disney and Pro-Marvel, confirming wrap-up now and then if they also go for some re shoots will be disastrous, I doubt WW crew want to face all that now.

I agree that they don't need such crap again, though either way they won't be able to hide reshoots. Common sense says that it should be wrapped either before JL (which we know it wasn't) or at least very early into the JLs filming, so if there happens to be reshooting in June or any of the coming months, they won't fool anyone that it is a part of the original filming.

It would be utterly ridiculous if some no-name bloggers whose main intentions are to get hits without concerning themselves with being honest and fanboys with their usual hyperbolic reactions stop this movie (any movie) for doing what is necessary for it to do. Re-shoots happen. Planned or not, they are not a new phenomenon. As far as I'm concerned, those online news sites and fans are just noise and nothing more. They can believe what they like. Only thing the WW crew should focus on, is WW. It's a shame situations like David Ayer's are a thing.

Eh, DC films wouldn't have so much skepticism surrounding them if BvS were good. Blame BvS for any skepticism that SS and WW receives. The mood should be against WB/DC films, they don't deserve good feedback after making a bad movie about the first ever live action meeting between Batman and Superman. They will get good feedback if SS and WW are good films.

Last edited:
Skepticism is fine. Hyperbole and jumping to rash conclusions and insulting directors while at it, is dumb. No matter how bad BvS was.

Thing is, people find it "fun" to take jibes, potshots and throw cheap insults at DC / WB right now, and online bloggers / sites want traffic are quick to post anything negative rumor or not.

After Fox, Sony, it's WB's turn to be at the receiving end of fanboy attacks.

I'm not saying that I condone bad behavior. I'm simply saying that people are not going to cut DC films slack until they acknowledge what has went wrong and fix it.

Just like Sony and Fox deserved the crap they got for the horrible Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Fan4stick respectively, WB deserves crap for BvS.

Unfortunately, I expect it will continue till the next Zack Snyder movie.

Anyway I'll move on. I'm trying to keep my rants out of this thread. I'm giving Wonder Woman a fair chance but I can't say that I'm not afraid that i'll get served the same crap that I did in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"