• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

America...the Thread

So what you're saying is Europe is so scared of war they'll surrender everything to avoid it. Gotcha. I cant think of a more indignified way to live... or die.
The English don't surrender to anybody!!!! :cmad:

The English don't surrender to anybody!!!! :cmad:
churchill.jpg

His affairs (Plural) really have no bearing on the job he did. The Lying did, in my opinion, but that's beside the point. Sorry, I live in Arkansas where everyone thinks he walked on water. He had the moral compass of a slime-mold. Though, I have to admit, he was a brilliant man.

As far as economy goes, that is the responsibility of the american consumers. I'm sorry but attempting to blame the whole of the economy on three people is ludicrous. People paniced, and started making bad decisions.

Bush has driven America into the ground,the last i heard Iraq was costing the country 330 billion.Where will the money come from to pay for it?I sence the baby boomers loosing their retirement funds.

Bush has driven America into the ground,the last i heard Iraq was costing the country 330 billion.Where will the money come from to pay for it?I sence the baby boomers loosing their retirement funds.

How long does Bush have left in office?

How ****ty? Can it get worse?

Things can always get worse. Bad as america is, there's places where genocide and rape and murder are as common as Tex-Mex restaurants here. It's sad that we actually bemoan how "horrible" it is in the USA when there is real and vicious suffering going on in other parts of the world.

Politics will ALWAYS be @ucked up. No one will ever be completely happy with their government or the choices they make. You try and make changes you feel are important when you can. You do your best to make life better. That's all any of us can do. Most just prefer to sit around and complain but not act in any way.

Bush is a terrible president but we haven't had a decent one, IMO, for as long as I've been alive. Seeing how the next elections are gearing up I may not see one for the rest of my life either. It's not so much a tragedy, few times generations we get to have a truely great leader, most people never get to experience that. I'll just have to settle with not relying on a magical leader to fix things and do what I can in my own small way.

its pretty bad when we only get two limited choices for president , democrat or republican , who have been primped since candidacy . voting is our right but weve been swindled if you think about it.

As far as economy goes, that is the responsibility of the american consumers. I'm sorry but attempting to blame the whole of the economy on three people is ludicrous. People paniced, and started making bad decisions.

Incorrect.

Actually, the President has virtually no affect on the economy. Most of the economy hinges on the consumers who support it, not those that make the budgets and etc.

For years I was always a Jefferson fan more then a hamilton. But Hamilton has grown in importance in my mind, and Jefferson still remains the most contradictory person I have ever studied in American history. That doesn't make hime bad, just confusing. I think James Madison deserves more props, always looked over and remebered for his horrible term in office rather then what he did before.

The President should not get the full blunt of blame for the economy, but still some blame still must be spent on him.

Plus the job market, schools and healthcare aren't help by the huge price we are economically paying in Iraq.

More proof that the war won't last much longer.That money should be spent on Health Care,why doesn't America have Universal Health Care like the rest of the world?Greed?

Actually, the President has virtually no affect on the economy. Most of the economy hinges on the consumers who support it, not those that make the budgets and etc.

Yeah, but irresponsible government spending doesn't help.

More proof that the war won't last much longer.That money should be spent on Health Care,why doesn't America have Universal Health Care like the rest of the world?Greed?

Because many supporters of privatized health care argue that universal health care tends to end up with long waits in lines for non-essential things like getting a tooth pulled, etc. As well as the drop in the expertise of physicians in a public system. Though, I'm all for the government providing health coverage to those that need it.

Indeed, but most people tend to think it's the end-all be-all of the economy.

Most people are idiots. One thing I will say though, cutting taxes while ramping up spending is outrageous and it should have been addressed a long time ago.

Most people are idiots. One thing I will say though, cutting taxes while ramping up spending is outrageous and it should have been addressed a long time ago.

I agree. It's sad that the governing body insists on lowering taxes, while at the same time cutting government programs for poor or under-educated children in an attempt to balance the checkbook. And then in a completely self-defeatist move, increase defense spending beyond all reasonable bounds.

I agree, we are the richest country in the world and we should be putting are money towards helping the American people then the Iraqis. I don't mean to sound heartless, but take care of your own before you start healing the world. But universal healthcare is also blocked by the drug companies who don't want to lose money. Same reason dease in Africa is shown a blind eye. Anything else is just a block to try and make it sound more complicated then it is.

Which was exactly why I posted the pictures on the previous page that lead to this discussion. Bushco. gave my grandchildren debt they'll never pay off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"