Justice League Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Amy receiving her American Cinematheque Award at their gala last night. :awesome:

DOWUnCNX0AEhuzy.jpg

DOWFhs_XkAAxg7q.jpg

DOWFhtBXcAE-BzG.jpg

Last edited:
Why Amy was not at the premiere? She did not want to go because she has a small role? :huh:

She was a filming Backseat and her husband was there if you look at his twitter feed and Instagram.

Also she's billed third and that's not how premiere's work. Mera is in for 2 minutes but Amber Heard was there. Same as Diane Lane.

Last edited:
Glad to know she wasn't there because she was busy, I got worried for a sec. For some reason Geoff Johns wasn't there too which really surprised me.

I know I am going to get soooo much hate/attacks from saying this, but while I like Amy as an actress a lot, I still feel Lois still lacks a little spark. Lois is always seeking the truth in all situations. She seemed a little.... flat in Justice League, when she was given a bit more spark in BvS.

I know I annoy people a lot on this thread, especially Fallen Angel, who must hate me so intensely at this point. But I only rag on about it because Lois is pretty much my favorite female character ever.

She seemed a little.... flat in Justice League, when she was given a bit more spark in BvS.

The man she loved was dead.

I know I annoy people a lot on this thread, especially Fallen Angel, who must hate me so intensely at this point. But I only rag on about it because Lois is pretty much my favorite female character ever.

She's my favorite character, too, and I'm not too fond of the fact that she always has to be sassy and strong in order to be a good Lois. My favorite Lois Lanes are the ones who are allowed to be vulnerable and human without being punished for it. The only thing I hated about Lois in JL was that she felt she had to apologize for her grief.

I know I am going to get soooo much hate/attacks from saying this, but while I like Amy as an actress a lot, I still feel Lois still lacks a little spark. Lois is always seeking the truth in all situations. She seemed a little.... flat in Justice League, when she was given a bit more spark in BvS.

The problem was the script that didnt give her much to work with.
I really like adams as Lois Lane but she needed a better script to work with.

I'm still hoping she gets the part she really deserves in a future movie. I love Adams but I get the sense they don't know what to do with her.

Honestly, Amy has been given a lot more to do than other cinematic Lois Lanes. Obviously, she's not going to get as much to play with as actresses who worked on television, but she's hit all the basics of the character. In fact, I'd say she's been given the same if not more genuinely romantic and genuinely intrepid reporter stuff to do than most other incarnations.

My favorite Lane's are still Kidder and S:TAS Delaney. Amy just needs better material.

My favorite Lane's are still Kidder and S:TAS Delaney. Amy just needs better material.

They are my least favorite because they were never allowed to evolve. They were stuck with gaslighting Clark Kents. Kidder's Lois never had a substantial journalism arc, and she rarely had anything to do with saving the world. Delaney's Lois was a cartoon who only occasionally had the chance to explore truly dramatic material rather than acting out tiresome tropes. The material Amy has had is leaps and bounds better than what Kidder and Delaney portrayed. At least she got to be a grown up professional who was in charge of her own destiny; she got to learn the truth and keep it. The bathtub scene in BvS alone is way more romantic than the flying sequence in Superman: The Movie. Lois trading barbs with Hardy and scaling a glacier in MoS is just as badass as anything Delaney got to do.

Wow. Those were my least favorites just because they were so over the top rude to Clark. I love All Star Superman Lois who is strong and all business but is also the only one to stand up for Clark on his first day on the job. Kidder' Lois would've joined in on ragging on him.

Honestly, Amy has been given a lot more to do than other cinematic Lois Lanes. Obviously, she's not going to get as much to play with as actresses who worked on television, but she's hit all the basics of the character. In fact, I'd say she's been given the same if not more genuinely romantic and genuinely intrepid reporter stuff to do than most other incarnations.

Agreed, I don't understand the complaints.

Wow. Those were my least favorites just because they were so over the top rude to Clark. I love All Star Superman Lois who is strong and all business but is also the only one to stand up for Clark on his first day on the job. Kidder' Lois would've joined in on ragging on him.

Sorry, but when were they so rude to Clark? Kidder and Delany's Lois' were pretty blunt to Clark, but that is because Lois is blunt and very honest with everyone.

With Kidder, she would just sorta roll her eyes and be a bit impatient with Clark because he was over-the-top bumbling in his disguise and she bought that he was a real person, but just extremely goofy, like running into the road & stopping when there was incoming traffic. She was trying to help him in a way, to survive in the big city and she didn't necessarily see a romantic attraction so it was more like a friend-to-friend co-worker banter.

Like for instance when she tries giving him advice in SM2. On how to be more confident and demand respect. Helping him. Then was doe eyed at Superman and that was the comedy. I get that people are bored of that idea at that point. But for me, I like a sense of comedy & fun because you get the affection between the two.

I guess when I think about it, Clark and Lois' relationship has been explored so much in comics, films & TV, that they don't even need to nessesarily explore the fun triangle stuff and just get into a meaty plotline. Hense, Amy Lois' deeper storylines. They sorta skip all the fun scenes.

Lois always seems amazing in some way. I was always find her far superior to any other female character in comics or non comics fiction. But I wouldn't personally find Amy's my favorite due to a little of her personality & sense of fun from the comics' missing.

Last edited:
In case anyone was interested, Amy Adams's HBO series, Sharp Objects, was featured in Entertainment Weekly:

The man she loved was dead.

She's my favorite character, too, and I'm not too fond of the fact that she always has to be sassy and strong in order to be a good Lois. My favorite Lois Lanes are the ones who are allowed to be vulnerable and human without being punished for it. The only thing I hated about Lois in JL was that she felt she had to apologize for her grief.

That's a fairly vulnerable and human thing to do, isn't it? It's a fairly natural part of grieving.

Margot's Lois was annoying and dismissive of Clark. Amy is one of the worst Lois' on the same level as Kate and Anne Heche. She gives the character no spark, I think she has been written better other than other portrayals but not acted well. Dull, limp, drone, boring, lifeless is how I would describe her Lois. The best Lois was Teri and Dana, many like Erica but I feel Smallville disrespected her character.

Credited 3rd in the film for literally 10 mins in the film. Not bad. It's weird seeing such an A-list actress (probably top 10 actress in the industry) have nothing really to do in such a film.

Margot's Lois was annoying and dismissive of Clark. Amy is one of the worst Lois' on the same level as Kate and Anne Heche. She gives the character no spark, I think she has been written better other than other portrayals but not acted well. Dull, limp, drone, boring, lifeless is how I would describe her Lois. The best Lois was Teri and Dana, many like Erica but I feel Smallville disrespected her character.

LOL! No.

Amy Adams is My favorite Lois Lane. She has been good in all three movies.

So I saw the movie in full last nite and I am irritated at whoever wrote Lois. It especially angered me in the cornfield when Superman is about to say something about coming back and she cuts him off to talk about herself! IDK if it was Whedon or Terrio who did that but it's irritating.

she's a fine actress though always felt a slight bit miscast for Lois to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"