Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on another note, reading what Audrey mentioned not too long ago about her friend, who was in attendance at LA for a screening, having said that both Lois and the love story between her and Clark was handled well definitely made my day. And given on how the friend is a fan of the canon and of the character/relationship, that makes it better to hear.

Well on another note, reading what Audrey mentioned not too long ago about her friend, who was in attendance at LA for a screening, having said that both Lois and the love story between her and Clark was handled well definitely made my day. And given on how the friend is a fan of the canon and of the character/relationship, that makes it better to hear.
Audrey said that? I must have missed that. In the Lois thread?

tumblr_mntm94jUXv1qbjy8co1_250.gif
tumblr_mntm94jUXv1qbjy8co2_250.gif

tumblr_mntm94jUXv1qbjy8co3_250.gif
tumblr_mntm94jUXv1qbjy8co4_250.gif

tumblr_mntm94jUXv1qbjy8co5_250.gif
tumblr_mntm94jUXv1qbjy8co6_250.gif

http://ruthgilmartin.tumblr.com/post/52056970088/the-daily-planet-stuff-i-had-a-blast-because-i

She's great but I think the light hair in some scenes kind of washes out her face a bit. When her hair is even a little bit darker, e.g when its dark red imo it looks so much better for Lois Lane. Hopefully they'll go for a better color for the sequel, one that will make her look more like classic Lois Lane. ;)

^ Yep. The sequel can be more "comic-bookish" and probably will when Snyder gets MORE free reigns.

She's great but I think the light hair in some scenes kind of washes out her face a bit. When her hair is even a little bit darker, e.g when its dark red imo it looks so much better for Lois Lane. Hopefully they'll go for a better color for the sequel, one that will make her look more like classic Lois Lane. ;)
again
0faa461abf67.gif

Bigger and Clearer Cornfield Scene Image

xYLUtxD.jpg

The light hair is her NATURAL hair color. Excuse my french for a second because no one is required to believe in "God" but it's literally how "God" made her and/or how nature made her. That's her NATURAL hair color.

I know we are all very, very used to seeing women with tons of plastic surgery and hair-dye and loads of make-up but MOST WOMEN, when they aren't wearing tons of make-up and have their NATURAL hair color...look pretty much just like Amy. It's not called "washed out." It's called...NATURAL. (Except most people don't have the blessing of being that naturally gorgeous.) It's actually OK for a woman to have skin/hair that is totally natural and not overly touched or finished or colored perfectly. For most of us...it's way more REAL.

As for the "classic Lois Lane"....just give it a rest. Seriously.

Classic Lois Lane. You mean Noel Neill? Remember that lady? Because for my 75 year old grand-parents Neill is the "classic Lois Lane." And she looks a hell of a lot like Amy.

For some people, Erica Durance showing up in Smallville with the bleached blond ponytail in "Crusade" is the "classic Lois Lane."

For some people, (actually alot of people given it's still the #1 selling book of all time) the red-haired Lois Lane holding Superman in "Death of Superman" is the "classic Lois Lane."

And yes, for some people, the "classic Lois Lane" is Teri Hatcher's dark bob, or the animated series or Margot Kidder.

There IS NO one "classic Lois Lane" anymore than there is one Superman. Everyone has THEIR version of Lois and for SOME PEOPLE that version of Lois looks pretty similar to Amy.

That's what happens with 75 year old icons who have been played by a multitude of different women at this point and drawn by many different artists. You get women of different heights, weights, backgrounds, hair colors, hair styles and body shapes. We even got a Black woman in the role in the Broadway musical just as Lois was drawn as an Indian woman in Busiek's Secret Identity. How GREAT is that?

There is no "classic Lois Lane." That means something different depending on who you ask. So just let it go. LET IT GO.

Last edited:
Dark hair is so comic bookish. :o

Audrey said that? I must have missed that. In the Lois thread?

Yes, I said it.

I have a friend who saw the film at the WB press junket in LA last week. She's legit and reliable. She thought Amy was fantastic in the film and thought the Lois/Clark story was wonderful.

She's a smart, lovely woman and I trust her. So I'm not worried. It's very popular to nitpick and target the women in these movies but I'm not falling for it this time.

Yes, I said it.

I have a friend who saw the film at the WB press junket in LA last week. She's legit and reliable. She thought Amy was fantastic in the film and thought the Lois/Clark story was wonderful.

She's a smart, lovely woman and I trust her. So I'm not worried. It's very popular to nitpick and target the women in these movies but I'm not falling for it this time.

Indeed. There are times when the female lead is the weak link (Batman Begins) but most of the time the complaints are just the result of fanboys being pissed that their favorite model didn't land a role in a superhero movie.

Yes, I said it.

Honestly, I think all the baloney about Lois is proof that those reviews are fake and the product of angry fanboys who only know of Amy from Enchanted and can't see her as tough based on one performance and because she doesn't look like "comic book" Lois.

No, I think she is going to rock the role of Lois Lane, I totally do. Just as Henry will rock the role of Superman. I would just say, the only thing I would prefer for her as Lois, is if she had dark red hair, rather than blonde ginger. I just think it would have made her look better as LOIS. I think Amy looks great with that hair color normally, since as you said, Audrey, its her natural hair color.

I think as far as her performace, I'm sure she'll play it to perfection and we have only seen about 10 seconds of her performance so far. But she is just that good of an actress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"