Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Well, the good thing about this is that Amy is such a great and easily likable Lois that I'm sure she'll make this a great experience to watch.

But honestly, I'm just going to go into this film from now on not caring as much about the Clark and Lois romance like I did for MOS since I think that's what's hampering my potential enjoyment of this WF film, well that among other things, since no matter how I see it at the moment, Batman is a threat to that romance. That and it's going to be annoying as hell having to read so many posts in the future on how Lois has two of DC's greatest heroes whipped for knowing their secrets so easily and being able to control them, even though the statement is clearly not true of course.

I think Lana had big chances to be in a MoS sequel, but given that this will include Batman I doubt she'll ever be introduced now.

Lois can be friends with Selina, Barbara or someone from Batman's universe now. :up:

I think Lana had big chances to be in a MoS sequel, but given that this will include Batman I doubt she'll ever be introduced now.

Lois can be friends with Selina, Barbara or someone from Batman's universe now. :up:

Probably, but it definitely won't be taking place in WF since I doubt that they'll be bringing anyone else other than Alfred and potentially a batman foe into the mix.

But honestly, I'm just going to go into this film from now on not caring as much about the Clark and Lois romance like I did for MOS since I think that's what's hampering my potential enjoyment of this WF film, well that among other things, since no matter how I see it at the moment, Batman is a threat to that romance.

I was over the moon at first, but now I fear for what it could mean for Lois, Clark as a reporter, and the Clark and Lois relationship development . :csad:

I feel all that is gonna take a backseat against the sacred Batman. :whatever:

Please stop saying that, it's not going to happen, they're not that stupid. Snyder does not worship at the alter of Batman and loves Superman, this complaint is really starting to annoy me.

Honestly, Zack just seems way too caught up with action and visuals to include a love triangle.

Probably, but it definitely won't be taking place in WF since I doubt that they'll be bringing anyone else other than Alfred and potentially a batman foe into the mix.

I'll try to remain positive for now, If I see things leaning towards Batman's camp more and more with Snyder, Goyer and Nolan casting more Batman characters, and quoting more lines where Batman is superior to Superman then I'll start worrying again.

Seriously, people are still complaining that Snyder will favor Batman. I give up, people apparently aren't rational enough to actually wait until we know ANYTHING instead of jumping to conclusion that have no basis in fact. I thought that fans would have learned from the other times they were wrong, but apparently not.

I was over the moon at first, but now I fear for what it could mean for Lois, Clark as a reporter, and the Clark and Lois relationship development . :csad:

I feel all that is gonna take a backseat against the sacred Batman. :whatever:

Honestly, Zack just seems way too caught up with action and visuals to include a love triangle.

I'll try to remain positive for now, If I see things leaning towards Batman's camp more and more with Snyder, Goyer and Nolan casting more Batman characters, and quoting more lines where Batman is superior to Superman then I'll start worrying again.

Like I've said elsewhere, it really depends on how they're planning on using Batman in this film. I mean whether people like it or not, Batman is now a part of the Superman franchise. There's no changing that.

I'd like to think that the interactions between Clark, Bruce, and Lois would be similar to the Sherlock Holmes' characters that Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, and Rachel McAdams played in the first film.

And just in case if anyone really wants to know why I personally think that there's a chance for a love triangle and why I'm so sensitive about it, I'll just post it here so I don't have to sound like a broken record about it in the future.

I was a big fan of the Mary Jane and Peter Parker romance prior to the Sam Raimi films, and I loved the relationship of Clark and Lois as well before SR came out.

However, after those two films, it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth because the relationships were portrayed in such a terrible way. Also, I'm just not a fan of the idea of one of the reasons why friction exists between two iconic characters being because of a shared love interest for them both.

Nevertheless, the reason why I think it's possible that there might be one is due to the Harvey Dent and Rachel Dawes factor from "The Dark Knight".

One of the reasons why Harvey was in the film was to show Batman on what a real hero could be like that didn't use the mask; even Bruce felt that Harvey was the better hero, hence why Rachel was with him.

If World's Finest is about Batman making Superman think that Batman is the better hero then there's a good chance that they'll further represent that by having Lois with Bruce in some form to emphasize that plot line.

Plus, when you consider on how identical Bruce and Clark are to the characters of Wolverine and Cyclops and how that triangle played out involving Jean, along with how Elizabeth was given like to literally every young dude in the Pirates franchise, along with how Bruce Timm portrayed the World's Finest film, then yeah, there is legit reasons imho on why I'd be worried about the relationship for Clark and Lois and Superman in general when Batman is involved.

tumblr_modoeeUbyR1qe96vjo1_500.jpg

and quoting more lines where Batman is superior to Superman then I'll start worrying again.

That's the stupidest thing they could have done but I guess they had to establish batman as a credible threat.

People making grand assumptions based on zero evidence is also stupid.

That's funny Herolee, where is that vid from.

That's funny Herolee, where is that vid from.

lol; to be honest, I'm not sure. I just found it while I was browsing through Imgur for some gifs.

Oh and another wish of mine for this film regarding Lois’s role, I hope that they don’t allow her to become a damsel in distress since filmmakers have a bad tendency to fall into that trap as well when it comes to their female leads whenever a franchise grows.

Seriously, people are still complaining that Snyder will favor Batman. I give up, people apparently aren't rational enough to actually wait until we know ANYTHING instead of jumping to conclusion that have no basis in fact. I thought that fans would have learned from the other times they were wrong, but apparently not.

Loki my friend, you're talking about fanboys here! logic and rationality don't exist in the geek dictionary!!

As for lois's role in WF, well there was a 2 part Jeph Loeb story during his days on the superman title where lois teams up with batman and they break into the white house to steal the kryptonite ring that's in lex's possession. It had some good interactions between lois and Batman, for example:

Lois uses a mock up bat signal and batman asks her why she didn't just call. Lois seemed surprised by that statement and says "and how am I supposed to do that? go to the phone book and look you up under the initial B!!"
Batman then realizes that Lois doesn't know his secret ID and thinks to himself "damn it Clark you should've told me that she didn't know!!"

Theres is another scene where batman grabs lois and starts swinging from one building to the next and lois looked very scared, batman tells her:

"you scared? you've most of flown with him more times than you can count"

and lois responds by saying "don't flatter your self, he can fly!!"

I can see lois playing a pivotal role in WF, where she'd help clark figure this "nut from gotham city" out or they could go further and highlight her investigative skills but having her figure batman's ID out.
Lois could also be used to flush out batman's origin abit, where you have her monologue Bruce wayne's tragic night and his subsequent disappearance thus giving the audience a few minute recap of this new batman's origin.
Basically there are alot of ways to make a lois, clark, batman/bruce interactions credible and entertaining without resolving to a cheesy love triangle especially since MOS established L&C's relationship and doing anything otherwise would cheapen the whole thing.

Loki my friend, you're talking about fanboys here! logic and rationality don't exist in the geek dictionary!!

As for lois's role in WF, well there was a 2 part Jeph Loeb story during his days on the superman title where lois teams up with batman and they break into the white house to steal the kryptonite ring that's in lex's possession. It had some good interactions between lois and Batman, for example:

Lois uses a mock up bat signal and batman asks her why she didn't just call. Lois seemed surprised by that statement and says "and how am I supposed to do that? go to the phone book and look you up under the initial B!!"
Batman then realizes that Lois doesn't know his secret ID and thinks to himself "damn it Clark you should've told me that she didn't know!!"

Theres is another scene where batman grabs lois and starts swinging from one building to the next and lois looked very scared, batman tells her:

"you scared? you've most of flown with him more times than you can count"

and lois responds by saying "don't flatter your self, he can fly!!"

I can see lois playing a pivotal role in WF, where she'd help clark figure this "nut from gotham city" out or they could go further and highlight her investigative skills but having her figure batman's ID out.
Lois could also be used to flush out batman's origin abit, where you have her monologue Bruce wayne's tragic night and his subsequent disappearance thus giving the audience a few minute recap of this new batman's origin.
Basically there are alot of ways to make a lois, clark, batman/bruce interactions credible and entertaining without resolving to a cheesy love triangle especially since MOS established L&C's relationship and doing anything otherwise would cheapen the whole thing.

uvuw5Nd.gif

I hope Snyder and Goyer are taking note of this.lol On a strictly platonic level, Batman and Lois are make for good friends and co-workers when it comes to taking down villains in the same manner that Superman and Wonder woman make when you don't include any cheap romance between them (ala the New 52).

Plus, on a realistic side, Bruce shouldn't even be Lois's type even if she were single, especially after meeting someone like Clark already.

Bruce's taste in women fall along the lines of femme fatales like Talia or Selina.

Yeah, the man who has such an obsessive commitment to justice and fighting crime just can't help but being attracted to women of "questionable" morality and ethics.

Amy is adorable and I might be alone on this but I thought she was unbelievably hot in MOS honest to god the sexiest lois lane ever (even more so than Durance and Hatcher and thats saying a hell of a lot!). I also loved her lois, personally I've never been a lois fan mainly due to the fact that the comic writers were never quite able to write her an smart independent focused woman without making her come off as b****y and unlikable but I have to hand it to Goyer, his LL was perfection! One of the film's common complaints is the fact that the romance thing was forced but I just can't agree, I would fall for Amy's smart, brave, sexy and TRUSTWORTHY (the main selling point here) lois in an instant, the only thing I found unbelievable was the fact that cavill's Clark restrained himself for most of the movie, because any one else besides superman would've been all over her!
To Goyer and Snyder.....give me more Amy's lois in WF and I will forgive all!

No your certainly not alone. Amy was gorgeous in MOS and awesome/fun/witty as well.

As Long as Lois is written as well as she was in MOS, and used well, and her relationship with Superman/Clark is respected and well developed, then I'll be happy with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"