Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the trailer, I think Lois Lane lacks character. It's just an impression about few seconds so... But I hope Amy Adams plays Lois Lane better than Kate Bosworth.

After seeing the trailer, I think Lois Lane lacks character. It's just an impression about few seconds so... But I hope Amy Adams plays Lois Lane better than Kate Bosworth.

images

Wow that's surprising. Either you are very critical or you have a very different definitions when it comes to character. But if you've watched any of Amy Adams other roles you'll know she will bring plenty of character to this one. She definitely has the "it". I think her Lois will be refreshing and a welcome addition to the family of actresses who have portrayed Lois Lane.

Yeah...Amy is even more bland than Bosworth...and Cavill put together! :o

No...Routh...Cavill isn't so bad as first made out lol

[YT]pWdd6_ZxX8c[/YT]

But in the little few seconds she got in the trailer she was spunky, and sassy, making the cautive alien smile like he's forgetting where he is and making him joke with her in a military interrogation room.

The trailer also shows Lois chasing her story around the world, she even found the freaking kryptonian spaceship on her own, how does that show Lois Lane lacks character?

Movie Lois could still be a disappointment, but what was shown in the trailer looks promising.

What has been shown does look promising to me. I'm not in love with most female characters in blockbusters though.

Do I expect an amazingly written female character? No because of past experiences but I expect Adams to bring Lane to life and make the character something better than average.

So many reactions. Hum I didn't say I don't like Amy Adams as Lois Lane. @The Shield, I misspoke. I did'nt use the good word. I meant I see her rather quiet and reserved, beside with others Lois in movies or tv shows. I repeat : it's just an impression on a trailer. So obviously it's not my final opinion and I finally admit she (Adams as Lois) has character but I didn't see that very well in the trailer that's all. :yay:

Last edited:
What has been shown does look promising to me. I'm not in love with most female characters in blockbusters though.

Do I expect an amazingly written female character? No because of past experiences but I expect Adams to bring Lane to life and make the character something better than average.
It would be nice If Lois Saved Superman and never had to be saved by him.
That may be asking for too much though .

Well, Deborah Snyder said Lois will save him.
I don't know what exactly she means by that.

You're only really seeing her at one point in the movie. When she's on assignment or in the newsroom she may be brash as ****. She's one on one with a humanoid alien in a room, so that would be the reaction I'd have.

You're only really seeing her at one point in the movie. When she's on assignment or in the newsroom she may be brash as ****. She's one on one with a humanoid alien in a room, so that would be the reaction I'd have.
Exactly. And no offense is intended but I don't think she is going to be playing the character as broad as Kidder, Hatcher or Durance. Nothing wrong with broad performances at all I just think this film is going to be a little bit subdued in that respect.

Singer thought he was presenting a more grounded Lois in Returns when in reality he presented us with a miscast 22 year old with a bad wig and even worse style. A Lois who came off as dull and angry and was a terrible mother and shady girlfriend. I don't see how Snyder, Nolan and Goyer could not make a Lois that was 20 times better than the last big screen version.

Bosworth was 22 in SR?

What were they thinking with that casting choice? And wig? Lol

Bosworth was 22 in SR?

They weren't.

I for one Loved SR for being a SH**y movie bc in 48 days we get an apology.

Last edited:
Bosworth was 22 in SR?

They were thinking that any idea the guy who directed the first two X-Men films came up with was absolute gold. Look where that got them... :BA

as much of a joke that was the Superman:Flyby movie, I wish they went with that instead of Superman Returns, Amy was in talks to be Lois for that before they switched directors and re-cast everyone :S

as much of a joke that was the Superman:Flyby movie, I wish they went with that instead of Superman Returns, Amy was in talks to be Lois for that before they switched directors and re-cast everyone :S

I just recently read about the ideas they had for Flyby. So instead of Superman stalking his ex girlfriend and having a kid, he could've been fighting a giant battle mech? That just makes me more annoyed. Talk about bad decisions!

They gotta realize by now, they owe us BIG time for the last 3 Superman movies...I'm sure Man of Steel will be awesome. I'll keep my fingers crossed though!

Bosworth was 22 in SR?

WB:so bryan your lois is a seasoned journalist and has a kid and superman is established and returns to earth so who is on your mind for casting
BS:routh and bosworth
WB:so your seasoned lois and superman are 26 and 22??
BS:yeah
WB: ...

:doh:

Last edited:
Fools man! :hehe:

And who said that CGI that they used on McKellen and Stewart in X3 to make them look younger wouldn't work on Amy? :o

The only explanation for that is Singer probably going with comic book time. The characters technically don't age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"