Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishburne is totally great as Perry in that clip!

I loved the casting of Fishburne. I think his personality is tailor made for White.

Henry & Amy for Interview Magazine

970953_482591911818845_318713096_n.jpg

From that clip, I wonder what has led Lois to drop her story? Maybe at this point she's a bit discouraged because Clark has continued to elude her.

From that clip, I wonder what has led Lois to drop her story? Maybe at this point she's a bit discouraged because Clark has continued to elude her.
Nope. It's Lois' whole character arc in the film. She sees how protective Martha is of her son and how important it is for him to remain anonymous for now and keep his private life there. She learns that not all truths need to come out. Well that's my guess anyway.

^And you know where this particular scene falls within the movie? It certainly can be after that meeting at the Kent farm and she could be dropping it because of that. That may not be the case though. We don't know yet, just speculation.

ETA: To me, it actually makes sense if she uses her leave time to make that visit to Smallville. I'm interested to see it unfold however it all plays out.

Last edited:
And people complain Adams isn't sexy.

Well and frankly, that's a dumb complaint. Our view of what is "sexy" for women in this culture is so limited.

Amy is extremely sexy she just doesn't allow the incredible male dominant Hollywood industry and culture to control her sexuality.

She has never caved to the pressure of posing with her clothes off or with her mouth open staring vacantly into the camera. I fully defend a woman's right to pose and do whatever she feels she needs to do. I don't believe in **** shaming. But the reality is that Hollywood puts PRESSURE on these women to sexualize themselves and forces women into this kind of thing. Not every woman who poses in those magazines wants to do it. Many of them have been told that they if they don't do it they won't work. Mila Kunis (who has done tons of those kinds of magazines) has openly said that she was told flat out that if she didn't take those kinds of pictures she wouldn't work. Some of these women aren't thrilled to take these pictures but they are told they have no other choice.

Amy has been honest that back when she started acting she got offered "alot of money" to take her clothes off and pose provactively. She has a beautiful little figure. She CHOSE not to and it might have cost her things at times.

Now, luckily, Adams has enough success that she doesn't have to allow others to define her sexuality for her in order to be successful. Not all women in Hollywood are this lucky. But she's absolutely sexy.

Watch Miss Pettigrew Lives for the Day. She's like a vintage screen goddess in that movie.

Last edited:
Personally I think she's "mehh" at best. Not ugly, but not hot or gorgeous, and I'd have preferred someone with a slightly (not Parton-sized) bigger chest. That said, though, she is a HUGE improvement over the lousy Kate Bosworth.

Last edited:
Personally I think she's "mehh" at best. Not ugly, but not hot or gorgeous, and I'd have preferred someone with a slightly (not Parton-sized) bigger chest. That said, though, she is a HUGE improvement over the lousy Kate Bosworth.

How would a bigger chest make Adams a better Lois Lane?

How would a bigger chest make Adams a better Lois Lane?

Only opinion. I think it would make her look more attractive anyway, someone Superman would actually give a second glance to, not simply because it's written in the script that he would.

Only opinion. I think it would make her look more attractive anyway, someone Superman would actually give a second glance to, not simply because it's written in the script that he would.

:facepalm:

I think the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles forum is what you are looking for. That's the comicbook film where a woman was only cast for her looks.

You were saying.. -
AmyAdams.jpeg

I think the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles forum is what you are looking for. That's the comicbook film where a woman was only cast for her looks.

Try again. Any wonder why Melissa McCarthy (for instance) wouldn't have been offered this role?

This reminds me of that great quote from a novel in which people start asking superman after Lois' death "Why Lois? she wasn't that beautiful and you could have done much better, you were superman, you could have had anyone!" and he's like :facepalm: and just leaves earth :p

It's funny how silentrascal assumes that if Superman were real and not written, that he wouldn't give Amy a second glance because ´´her chest isn't big enough``. I mean, seriously? FYI, Superman isn't that shallow (and that's being VERY shallow too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"