Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
she's not wearing a jacket, though this could be right after the desert scene where she and Superman hold hands (from Trailer #2)

adwsqvuM.jpg

There is a big chance that the relationship is rushed as the movie has been clocked at 130 minutes.

I've said this before but I really think it just comes down to expectations.

At this point in time, we've been spoiled. We've had two really successful television shows that had the luxury of week after week storytelling to drag out the love story between Lois and Clark.

Even in the modern comics, it took about 4 years before Clark found the courage to really tell Lois how he felt and they started their relationship relationship in a serious way. The feelings were there from the start but they danced around each other until about 1990 when Clark finally found the courage to tell her how he felt.

This film franchise, if it becomes a trilogy, does not have that luxury. It has about 8 1/2 hours. And that's being generous. That's not even 1/3 of a season of ONE year of Smallville or "Lois and Clark." That's a few issues of a comic. That's it.

I can only speak for me. But right now? I don't want to spend another 6 years watching Lois and Clark fall in love. I JUST DID THAT. And it was WONDERFUL. Tom and Erica brought it for the Lois and Clark love story on Smallville. They were amazing. Their chemistry killed me weekly. Dean and Teri also brought it together but they were stuck with a TV budget. I truly LOVED the week in and week out journey of falling in love. LOVED IT.

But I gotta honest...now? I want to see them TOGETHER. I don't want to wait another 6 years for them to be together. I want to see stories that echo the last 20+ years of comics before the reboot back to the beginning again where they are TOGETHER.

I want to finally see stories done on the big screen with big screen budget with a Lois Lane who knows Clark is Superman and with a Lois and Clark are are firmly committed and together. I want that drama. I have NEVER gotten it in a film franchise. People forget that there were some freaking GOOD dramatic stories told in the comics when Lois and Clark were fully together and their love was out in the open. Their love was put to the test in a DIFFERENT kind of way that you can only explore in a narrative when the love is out in the open. Both before and during the marriage. That's what I want now. I'm so ready for it.

For me, at this point, I'm ok if their journey to being in love is more of an immediate connection that doesn't take a long time. I know this couple like the back of my hand at this point and they have a sort of short hand for me and many other people. After 75 years, I know that these two souls are just waiting to find each other. I, like many other audience members, know what they are going to feel before they feel it. This isn't RAchel Dawes or even Jane and Thor which is foreign to so many movie goers. This is Lois and Clark. We know them.

So, for me, if they wind up kissing and devoted to each other at the end of the movie...it wont feel "rushed" to me provided it's well written and the acting is good. This is the point I WANT to be at to continue the series. I've waited years to finally see adventures with Lois and Clark TOGETHER in a Superman film franchise. I wasn't alive back when Superman 2 came out but I know that people back THEN were ready for it because, at the time, the comics had already moved past the Silver Age BS and Lois and Superman were already married on the Earth-2/Superman Family books. Even back THEN, people were ready for the relationship to move forward. I'm ready to see it. I feel like others are ready to see it.

It's all about perspective. I can accept accelerated love for these two people if what they go through together in the movie appears to be as serious, life threatening and emotional as it appears. I can accept that the souls of these 75 year old icons can fall madly in love in this kind of environment.

Last edited:
I think it would be nice to see Lois and Clark together. I don't feel strongly about it but I think it would be a nice change of pace not to drag out the relationship. As long as I buy the relationship more than the one in Thor and Batman Begins/TDK then I will be fine with how it is handled.

I think it would be nice to see Lois and Clark together. I don't feel strongly about it but I think it would be a nice change of pace not to drag out the relationship. As long as I buy the relationship more than the one in Thor and Batman Begins/TDK then I will be fine with how it is handled.

tumblr_m43fmnEFfl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Dat gif!! :awesome:

And I'm not even trying to dis Batman.

I liked Catwoman and Batman relationship in Rises. I thought Bale and Hathaway had chemstry for days, I just never dug the Dawes character. The childhood friend thing rang false to me and Bale didn't have chemistry with Maggie G or Holmes. I am dissin Thor so no need to lie about that one.

I hope Adams and Cavill have as much chemistry as Bale and Hathaway but with a better written romance.

I know a lot of people hate and nit pick romances in these types of films but the only ones I disliked were in Nolan's first two Bat-fillms and Thor.

Last edited:
I couldn't understand the romance between Bruce and Selina in TDKR.

Where did it come from?

I couldn't understand the romance between Bruce and Selina in TDKR.

Where did it come from?

Where does it usually?

But yeah, the Kyle character in general was I felt shoehorned into the story.

It was a bit of Bond and Moneypenny...less even...and then they're already married :funny:

It was a bit of Bond and Moneypenny...less even...and then they're already married :funny:

I honestly think that Bruce was also a bit 'hot to trot' after being secluded and not getting to beat up criminals for so long. Heck, even Alfred may have been locking his door at night at that point. And then along comes Tate and Kyle.....

Yeah but still. ..how and why did she reciprocate? There was just hardly anything there between them.

Yeah but still. ..how and why did she reciprocate? There was just hardly anything there between them.

Apparently they share some sort of 'bond', while somehow happening to both be young, attractive, and unmarried. It happens.

Apparently they share some sort of 'bond', while somehow happening to both be young, attractive, and unmarried. It happens.
Good thing too. Otherwise it wouldn't have perfected Bruce's happy ending ;)

Eh I already said the romance was poorly written and that I wished Catwoman was intigrated into the story better but I liked the chemistry there.

Although they are not playing teenagers...I hope Cavill and Adams have chemistry as good as Stone and Garfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"